Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Have S10 face wellys gone up or is someone feeling optimistic? The respirator bag, gloves (both pairs) and replacement lenses should be about £10 each

It’s not the S10 that’s the value , it’s the packet of litmus paper and Puffa bottle Of fullers earth that REALLY ramps the price ! 😱

4 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Have S10 face wellys gone up or is someone feeling optimistic? The respirator bag, gloves (both pairs) and replacement lenses should be about £10 each

Oh this brings back memories of Defense week at catterick haha 😂 

Some people aren't okay. £210 + £15 shipping?

I guess the BB's make up the difference from buying it new

I got bored and checked surplus stores prices £190 for the gun, £10 for the two tone, £10 for the BBs so they are only trying to profiteer on the postage it's only reasonable to ask for the new price you were over charged for a second hand gun.

Edited by BigStew

27 minutes ago, Just Joe said:

Some people aren't okay. £210 + £15 shipping?

I guess the BB's make up the difference from buying it new

Which currency is he talking about here? 😂

Bless... 

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
6 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

They're a lot dearer since around 2019, Covid especially kicked up the value imo as if you search "gas mask" on ebay in the UK, that's what comes up predominantly

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, BigStew said:

£10 for the two tone

and as we all know, 2-tone adds value because nobody with a defence would want to remove it.....

17 minutes ago, BigStew said:

I have seen these has high as £190 new in the UK maybe OP paid for a really good two tone paint job funny how you can't quite focus it enough to read the receipt. If they end up selling it for more than £110 I'll be impressed 

He bought it from Surplus Store.

It costs £200 two toned, plus £10 of BBs and £4.99 delivery, so £214.99 to the door.

And he wants people to pay him £225 for it, without any warranty if something goes wrong. Good luck!

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Broken lower receiver (trigger guard)....check

Not been used in ages.....check

Wants more than retail....check

Yeah....good deal...🙄

even admits to expecting degraded performance having been sat in storage.......

4 hours ago, Neptune said:

He bought it from Surplus Store.

It costs £200 two toned, plus £10 of BBs and £4.99 delivery, so £214.99 to the door.

And he wants people to pay him £225 for it, without any warranty if something goes wrong. Good luck!

He's took down the ad now. 

Explained to him how ridiculous he was being

On 27/05/2021 at 18:01, Just Joe said:

A whole £9.99 less then buying it new from Patrol base

Or £50 more then taiwangun 

https://www.taiwangun.com/submachine-gun-aeg/cm-041g-upgraded-version-cyma?from=listing&campaign-id=19

Not even like "brand new only used to shoot cans of heinz beans in the garden"

Its been skirmished...

Thought the same, I would have been interested if it was reasonably priced 🤣

I've seen this overprincing happening a lot more in the last few weeks. Thinking people are regretting their post lockdown purchases!

2 hours ago, Roba93 said:

I've seen this overprincing happening a lot more in the last few weeks. Thinking people are regretting their post lockdown purchases!

Exactly this, with post and during lock down purchases, was thinking there would be a bargain or two but everyone is just 'no, its "new" there is no movement on price' 

Good luck with that 

Also half term has started. I'm not saying all kids are dumber than a box of rocks, but the number of idiot posts always goes up in the school holidays 

If I was to draw any correlation it'd tend to be the dreamer/borderline dreamer posts tend to increase around paydays. I'm assuming that's folks seeing a new shiny they want from their hard earned coin but falling slightly short, dipping into the collection to make up the difference. In the case of that admittedly overpriced CM.041 my initial thoughts were 'I wouldn't pay that, but also find me another in stock' (which is now somewhat moot because TG have had a restock, granted some aren't willing to buy from TG at present). Very much priced to catch someone impulsive that's in a rush to get one. Do I think it's a dreamer price? Yup. Do I think there is someone out there that might if you wait long enough? Probably.

In terms of actual advice should the seller read this, after shipping fees and potential import charges you're probably looking at a similar cost from TG as you would be Patrol Base (you might get lucky and skip the fees but we'll go with 'worst case'). The arbitrary starting point of 60-70% of £230 (it's useful as a baseline if nothing else) falls at £138-161. Considering they're seemingly relative hard to get your hands on at present, if it were me I'd likely list it for £180 including all fees and postage.

Edited by alxndrhll

3 hours ago, Roba93 said:

Thought the same, I would have been interested if it was reasonably priced 🤣

I do no ever understand people who post links to retailers in their adds showing that the stuff is over priced. is it too lazy to use copy and paste or just dumb full stop.

I think the 60-70% rule is fair most of the time, as a buyer you can only go off the information given by the seller. I’m sure it’s been known that descriptions differ from what is purchased on rare occasions. As a seller you have to factor in the target market as well. I have a Nuprol M4 that I’m happy to sell with mags for not a lot of money as I understand it’s a Nuprol ( I think it’s not a bad rif actually, but there is a thread already on here for that haha). Were as my PSG is a different proposition so I know I will lose more on the PSG than the Nuprol and accept that. 

it also depends like @alxndrhllhas said on if someone will wait or they just want the readdies. 

at the end of the day something is only worth what someone else wants to pay, I’ve learnt that and I’m sure the seller of the mp5 will learn that. 

At the end of the day we are all guilty of initially thinking our stuff is worth more than it is and we are all out for a bargain but I always ask myself the question am I willing to take the price hit before I list it. 

Not a sale, but posted on faceache by a site (which I'm not going to name). The nearest houses are just over 200ft away so I'd like to know what size pyros they're using 

_20210530_191627.JPG

1 hour ago, Cannonfodder said:

Not a sale, but posted on faceache by a site (which I'm not going to name). The nearest houses are just over 200ft away so I'd like to know what size pyros they're using 

_20210530_191627.JPG

200ft away then they must be 10 thunderflashes taped together 😂

Have MP9s become rarer than rocking horse poo or something? 2 ads asking for silly money

29 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Have MP9s become rarer than rocking horse poo or something? 2 ads asking for silly money

Top one is fooling themselves for a not 100% gun. Bottom add £200 to ,£250 for the gun new CQB bolt £50ish, mags are about £50 a pop, suppressor £80ish other accessories £60/70 total. So £430 not unreasonable starting asking price probably sell for £350. 

Edited by BigStew
Spelling

Yea, most of MP9 ads in the last few weeks are like, 20 quid below brand new... which is mildly annoying - bruh if I wanted to pay 50quid per magazine, I would buy brand new instead...

Edited by ziCk_

1 hour ago, BigStew said:

The biggest issue with the bottom ad isn't really the price but the fact that for that amount of money you can get a brand new TM MP7 and 2 or 3 mags and still have enough left over for ancillaries and its a better gun.  I agree £300-350 would be a better figure

On 30/05/2021 at 19:23, Cannonfodder said:

_20210530_191627.JPG

I think they are being tongue in cheek here - neighbours have made a silly complaint which they are gently mocking.