Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

On 13/05/2021 at 09:52, Cannonfodder said:

Where do I start? That it's a whole £7 less than new from patrol base, the way the description is cut and pasted from somewhere like justbbguns, or the claim a 450-500 fps rifle is good for cqb

sketch-1620895645014.png

Read: I watched a KM video, bought a hideous HIDEOUS RIF (who in gods name wants a bolt action with an M4 stock painted blue?!), discovered that sniping is hard/gun is shit/recce and assault is more fun and thought ‘I can offload this piece of shite on another rookie by writing some generic things about airsoft in the description’. 

You know I bet you he bought one of those spring loaded claymores too and thought it would be REALLY useful...

4 hours ago, DRay said:

Read: I watched a KM video, bought a hideous HIDEOUS RIF (who in gods name wants a bolt action with an M4 stock painted blue?!), discovered that sniping is hard/gun is shit/recce and assault is more fun and thought ‘I can offload this piece of shite on another rookie by writing some generic things about airsoft in the description’. 

You know I bet you he bought one of those spring loaded claymores too and thought it would be REALLY useful...

Thats not the funniest thing. A couple of ads further down is this,

Looks exactly the same but for £100 instead

I love this one. It’s a standard WE-WET G34, around £115 new, with the wrong mag well, a standard trigger and a dodgy stipple job. There are some internal modifications, they don’t seem to be helping though, it doesn’t work 🤣🤣🤣

I messaged the guy, told him he’d been ripped off, he got somewhat defensive

D6576D4C-5350-4FB0-A69F-7702FA106497.png

9C7D8566-B67C-417F-8B77-454A3F9568CB.png

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

I love this one. It’s a standard WE-WET G34, around £115 new, with the wrong mag well, a standard trigger and a dodgy stipple job. There are some internal modifications, they don’t seem to be helping though, it doesn’t work 🤣🤣🤣

Poor guy, gotta feel for the guy if he got ripped off but still doesn't excuse trying to rip off the next guy. 

Sadly when buying second or third hand it does rely on trust. I think we’ve all been burnt before and put it down as a lesson learnt. However reselling your mistake to someone else is jack af. 

Edit: nevermind, it was in the ad

Edited by Cannonfodder

7 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

1) It doesn't cycle.

2) It's got polished slide rails for smoother cycling.

I think this is a good example of why this thread exists. As a warning against paying that kind of money, for that kind of gun.

• Supporters

Here’s something that should grace these pages and the exact reason I don’t make much of an effort to buy from uk retailers . They want £11 to deliver a fucking flash hider by DPD ! 

6E1F7062-D358-4577-A46C-BB53166CEF21.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Here’s something that should grace these pages and the exact reason I don’t make much of an effort to buy from uk retailers . They want £11 to deliver a fucking flash hider by DPD ! 

Last time I had anything delivered by DPD they "lost" a £60 motor. At my old job more often than not if something arrived from them it was damaged.

12 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Don't trigger my PTSD.

I ordered a TM NGRS AK Storm off this guy (he's a 1 man band). Bought it from him because he was the only one in the UK to have it in physical stock. Purchased 6th of May at 2am. YET to be dispatched. No correspondence from him. Only updates I have had were from me chasing via text and call. Was told on Tuesday the 1tth I would have it this week as a reply to my chase. He now ignores my calls. I called multiple times on Friday and Saturday, ignored. I sent a text. Within a minute of a text he sent me an email saying he's been snowed under and it will be dispatched this coming Monday (tomorrow). Look at recent reviews for this chap and they are pretty awful.

I understand being a one man band is hard but it takes 2 seconds to send a message "sorry pal bit busier then normal, will post it ASAP" or something along those lines.

Whats even worse is that the EXACT AK I wanted (the one I ordered) came up on prefired the day before with 6 mags £400. I messaged the guy instantly. I didn't get a reply for 24 hours so I assumed it was sold and bought from redtech. Only to get a message from the guy on prefired saying yeah I can have it. So I kinda paniced and asked to cancel my order with redtech, but then called him and said don't cancel it I don't want to be a dick/I want to support a small business (you know trying to be decent).

Looking at his facebook he is active and getting loads of interesting stock in but it just seems he is awful at customer service.

Here's hoping it gets posted tomorrow.

You'd think for nearly £500 you'd have some sort of update on the order without me having to chase constantly.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, cropzy said:

Don't trigger my PTSD.

I ordered a TM NGRS AK Storm off this guy (he's a 1 man band). Bought it from him because he was the only one in the UK to have it in physical stock. Purchased 6th of May at 2am. YET to be dispatched. No correspondence from him. Only updates I have had were from me chasing via text and call. Was told on Tuesday the 1tth I would have it this week as a reply to my chase. He now ignores my calls. I called multiple times on Friday and Saturday, ignored. I sent a text. Within a minute of a text he sent me an email saying he's been snowed under and it will be dispatched this coming Monday (tomorrow). Look at recent reviews for this chap and they are pretty awful.

I understand being a one man band is hard but it takes 2 seconds to send a message "sorry pal bit busier then normal, will post it ASAP" or something along those lines.

Whats even worse is that the EXACT AK I wanted (the one I ordered) came up on prefired the day before with 6 mags £400. I messaged the guy instantly. I didn't get a reply for 24 hours so I assumed it was sold and bought from redtech. Only to get a message from the guy on prefired saying yeah I can have it. So I kinda paniced and asked to cancel my order with redtech, but then called him and said don't cancel it I don't want to be a dick/I want to support a small business (you know trying to be decent).

Looking at his facebook he is active and getting loads of interesting stock in but it just seems he is awful at customer service.

Here's hoping it gets posted tomorrow.

You'd think for nearly £500 you'd have some sort of update on the order without me having to chase constantly.

Totally with you on this , your a one man band ? good for you trying to run your own business BUT if your having problems it shouldn’t affect me the customer , you’ve taken my money so you have an obligation to get what ever to me in a reasonable time , if your ‘snowed under’ with orders you either post it on your business home page to warn potential customers because if you don’t either by accident or on purpose then that’s on you so not the customers problem . End off .

In the end I got the flash hider from Aliexpress (with correct markings and all) for £13.48 with free P&P.

Lol, Patrol base want 12.95 for DPD to deliver a bolt for an AK fire selector.

Granted I am in Scotland, but why not use Royal Mail? 

• Supporters

Here’s one that’s not a true Mac’s but still well worth the posting .

Some bonehead on ‘the mong’ was supposedly selling a WE gas M16 , potential buyer contacts gets a bit of a run around but stays onboard for a bit longer to see where it goes , then gets sent the pictures of one of HIS OWN SALES from 3yrs ago ! The cheeky fucker or what ! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

https://forums.zeroin.co.uk/forum/classifieds/rate-a-trader/3223208-jmighty-scanner-avoid

75D010D1-23D9-45E2-A2C2-583BE1364090.jpeg

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

A whole £5 less than new as those shells are the cheap Battleaxe ones. 

His previous sales threads for this were overpriced, I repeatedly asked were shells included "at that price" (hint hint) but he chose to ignore me.

I should have just outed him on this thread 👍

• Supporters

Condition ‘As new’ love that phrase , doesn’t matter wether its still wrapped in cellophane and your posting the advert on the steps of the shop you bought it in the minute it transfers to your possession it becomes 2nd hand no matter how little it’s used ! 😉 So one 2nd hand gun for the price of a brand new one ! 😂

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

Condition ‘As new’ love that phrase , doesn’t matter wether its still wrapped in cellophane and your posting the advert on the steps of the shop you bought it in the minute it transfers to your possession it becomes 2nd hand no matter how little it’s used ! 😉 So one 2nd hand gun for the price of a brand new one ! 😂

It's only been used once, just like the 'new' condoms I sell.

• Supporters
42 minutes ago, Neptune said:

It's only been used once, just like the 'new' condoms I sell.

🤣🤣🤣you da man ! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Possibly there's another way to phrase it but how would you distinguish between "5th hand, been skirmished 300 times" and something which has been owned for a month or two and either hasn't seen a skirmish or just the once?

If I was purchasing I would put significantly more value on the latter.

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Possibly there's another way to phrase it but how would you distinguish between "5th hand, been skirmished 300 times" and something which has been owned for a month or two and either hasn't seen a skirmish or just the once?

If I was purchasing I would put significantly more value on the latter.

Comes down to condition and honesty of the seller in that situation , I’ve seen newly bought guns that are falling apart because the bone head who owned it hasn’t looked after it , but equally I’ve seen guns that are 2nd And 3rd hand that perform and look in pristine condition because the owners have looked after them . 
Problem is once you’ve bought ANYTHING it becomes 2nd hand and unless it specifically says it’s transferable you’ve got no warranty of any sort so if it goes tits up your screwed hence you do not try and sell and expect to get the price you payed for it ! 🤦‍♂️
😂😂👍

6 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Comes down to condition and honesty of the seller in that situation , I’ve seen newly bought guns that are falling apart because the bone head who owned it hasn’t looked after it , but equally I’ve seen guns that are 2nd And 3rd hand that perform and look in pristine condition because the owners have looked after them . 
Problem is once you’ve bought ANYTHING it becomes 2nd hand and unless it specifically says it’s transferable you’ve got no warranty of any sort so if it goes tits up your screwed hence you do not try and sell and expect to get the price you payed for it ! 🤦‍♂️
😂😂👍

This is exactly why I only buy my AEGs boneyard. I find that's the only way you know exactly what you're buying

10 hours ago, Druid799 said:

😂😂👍

And not forgetting buying from a retailer you’re paying VAT, which you can’t be charged for paying privately, that’s an immediate 20% price drop lol

• Supporters
4 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

And not forgetting buying from a retailer you’re paying VAT, which you can’t be charged for paying privately, that’s an immediate 20% price drop lol

Never thought of that one before ! Me thinks you may have just busted the 2nd hand market wide open ! 😱