Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters

Now I do try to be as kind as possible when posting up in Mack’s (more often than not its naivety or ignorance that’s caused the arrival in Mack’s hall of ‘fame’ ?) but this guy is absolutely taking the piss ! What has he been sniffing ????😳

asking 400 notes for a package that’ll barely set you back 200’ish new ! 🤦‍♂️

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

What has he been sniffing ????😳

Reckon he's gone "Old Skool", Evo-Stik in a crisp bag🤔

9 hours ago, Tackle said:

No Tippex thinners?  Kids these days probably don't even know what Tippex is/was....

12 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Now I do try to be as kind as possible when posting up in Mack’s (more often than not its naivety or ignorance that’s caused the arrival in Mack’s hall of ‘fame’ ?) but this guy is absolutely taking the piss ! What has he been sniffing ????😳

asking 400 notes for a package that’ll barely set you back 200’ish new ! 🤦‍♂️

A minor point on this ad but notice how the drum mag isnt in view at all, just the box...

I cant find it to post a link but I saw an ad for a pair of trousers and the seller stated they will be as good as new after a wash.

So hes trying to sell a dirty pair of trousers 🤔

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Tackle said:

https://www.usedairsoft.co.uk/rif-s/gas-powered_1/tm-glock-34-build_i26496

More detail than the 416 that was on here but still not sure about the £325 price tag. Pretty sure you are not supposed to snort the tm magic fairy dust, and yet here we are

20 minutes ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

https://www.usedairsoft.co.uk/rif-s/gas-powered_1/tm-glock-34-build_i26496

More detail than the 416 that was on here but still not sure about the £325 price tag. Pretty sure you are not supposed to snort the tm magic fairy dust, and yet here we are

Having recently started pissing money up the wall on custom Hi-Capas, I can see how he’s ended up at that number. It probably cost a damn sight more than that to build!

Something is only worth what others will pay though and the merit of all those fancy cnc parts is lost on 99.9% of buyers. 

Edited by Alimcd

13 hours ago, Alimcd said:

Having recently started pissing money up the wall on custom Hi-Capas, I can see how he’s ended up at that number. It probably cost a damn sight more than that to build!

Really? Holy bbs Batman! I'll leave that section of the hobby well alone for a while.

Still, I saw something like this, a g&p piranha I think for about £170 will performance be that greater? 

This one sits outside of what I would pay for an aeg let alone side arm and i'll leave it at that.

13 minutes ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Really? Holy bbs Batman! I'll leave that section of the hobby well alone for a while.

Still, I saw something like this, a g&p piranha I think for about £170 will performance be that greater? 

This one sits outside of what I would pay for an aeg let alone side arm and i'll leave it at that.

Realistically, nah. It’s going to send a tiny plastic ball about as far as the next pew. For me, I enjoy the tweaky side of things, knowing my kit is unique and I’m under no delusion that cost and performance are directly proportional. 

11 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Oh my sweet summer child, this cost me £550 plus to put together....

IMG_20210507_084756_edit_671864659712585.jpg

26 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Oh my sweet summer child, this cost me £550 plus to put together....

What does it do over a bone stock TM glock? :P

1 hour ago, Skara said:

What does it do over a bone stock TM glock? :P

It feels far nicer in the hand, probably hops a slightly heavier BB, slightly further but that's about it. Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% saying they're not worth it on a £ to performance level (much like a "fully upgraded" NGRS) but just highlighting that you can sink £600 in to a pistol.

2 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

It feels far nicer in the hand, probably hops a slightly heavier BB, slightly further but that's about it. Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% saying they're not worth it on a £ to performance level (much like a "fully upgraded" NGRS) but just highlighting that you can sink £600 in to a pistol.

I know, I was just taking the piss :P

1 hour ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

triggers people?

More than wearing lycra, a dye mask and running around with a gun caked in anime stickers?

• Supporters
On 07/05/2021 at 11:21, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

triggers people?

Not a dig at you good sir (just the phrase) but God I really really REALLY hate this fucking phrase ! It’s used so much now as an excuse not to answer someone else’s argument , differing point of view or even just used to avoid picking a side in a discussion , much like “ok boomer” and more and more Of these ‘buzz phrases’ are coming along every other day . Someone will say or post something incorrect , judgment, PC or just simply boneheaded . You comeback at them with even a hint of passion/sarcasm or just plain old contempt in your reply counterpointing there statement and straight away someone chucks a “getting triggered ?” At you ! I do frequently find my self feeling like saying to these SJW “well actually no I wasn’t getting ‘triggered’(to me something that triggers a person is something that causes an uncontrollable reaction that totally alters there mental state and not something that makes you want to turn around and say “shut up ya twat your talking Bollox !” ?)by the what ever you said but I am now starting to get pissed off NOT triggered by your benign stale retort !” 🤔

😉👍

On 08/05/2021 at 13:39, Druid799 said:

Not a dig at you good sir (just the phrase) but God I really really REALLY hate this fucking phrase ! It’s used so much now as an excuse not to answer someone else’s argument , differing point of view or even just used to avoid picking a side in a discussion , much like “ok boomer” and more and more Of these ‘buzz phrases’ are coming along every other day . Someone will say or post something incorrect , judgment, PC or just simply boneheaded . You comeback at them with even a hint of passion/sarcasm or just plain old contempt in your reply counterpointing there statement and straight away someone chucks a “getting triggered ?” At you ! I do frequently find my self feeling like saying to these SJW “well actually no I wasn’t getting ‘triggered’(to me something that triggers a person is something that causes an uncontrollable reaction that totally alters there mental state and not something that makes you turn around and want to say “shut up ya twat your talking Bollox !” ?)by the what ever you said but I am now starting to get pissed off NOT triggered by your benign stale retort !” 🤔

😉👍

100% this and I think it comes from the Gen Z's (technically I'm a millennial) growing up with social media and realising that you can't actually win an argument/discussion online, so resort to dropping one of these phrases as to not open themselves up for analysis of their expanded opinion.

• Supporters
On 08/05/2021 at 13:39, Druid799 said:

Not a dig at you good sir (just the phrase) but God I really really REALLY hate this fucking phrase ! It’s used so much now as an excuse not to answer someone else’s argument , differing point of view or even just used to avoid picking a side in a discussion , much like “ok boomer” and more and more Of these ‘buzz phrases’ are coming along every other day . Someone will say or post something incorrect , judgment, PC or just simply boneheaded . You comeback at them with even a hint of passion/sarcasm or just plain old contempt in your reply counterpointing there statement and straight away someone chucks a “getting triggered ?” At you ! I do frequently find my self feeling like saying to these SJW “well actually no I wasn’t getting ‘triggered’(to me something that triggers a person is something that causes an uncontrollable reaction that totally alters there mental state and not something that makes you want to turn around and say “shut up ya twat your talking Bollox !” ?)by the what ever you said but I am now starting to get pissed off NOT triggered by your benign stale retort !” 🤔

😉👍

It's literally just the latest version of this:

handbags.jpg.484a875e92b11b98104ae2cb4b4ee829.jpg

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Lozart said:

It's literally just the latest version of this:

handbags.jpg.484a875e92b11b98104ae2cb4b4ee829.jpg

Didn’t mind “handbag !” Back in the day , at least it’s had SOME substance behind it ! 🤣🤣

Where do I start? That it's a whole £7 less than new from patrol base, the way the description is cut and pasted from somewhere like justbbguns, or the claim a 450-500 fps rifle is good for cqb

sketch-1620895645014.png

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Where do I start? That it's a whole £7 less than new from patrol base, the way the description is cut and pasted from somewhere like justbbguns, or the claim a 450-500 fps rifle is good for cqb

sketch-1620895645014.png

Well it’s not a folding stock for starters , it’s sliding or retractable . Only way your folding that stock is by going arse over tit and snapping it in to folding ! 🤦‍♂️

🤣🤣