Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

0.48’s? Damn that’s expensive plastic! I run 0.4s in the 417 and I cry each time I miss. 

You think that's bad, i used to get a bag each time i was restocking ammo and once a year go mad running them in the m4.

Was awesome on the day as long as you didnt think too hard about how much money you'd just sent downrange....

A lot more pallatable with the dragonuv having 160 rounds max (thats if you can even cram 20 into a mag, 15 is when it starts to tail off) and the ballache that is trying to reload those mags means i just run them dry then switch to a different gun.

Makes engagements interesting when your entire loadout has fewer rounds than most folks mags but that's why the .48's are needed to make up the shortfall :P

• Supporters
2 hours ago, rj1986 said:

I had something similar last summer.

Was building some planters for the wife, using a these screws

https://www.screwfix.com/p/quicksilver-pz-double-countersunk-woodscrews-trade-case-grab-pack-1000-pcs/32001

Notice how the transparent cover does cross over the handle area?

970 odd screws of various sizes in a heap on the patio, just as the sun was setting.

Similar event for me , got one of the briefcase sized divided boxes to put all my hundreds of dremel bits’n’bobs in spent a good few hrs transferring from half a dozen different packs and kits and what not so there all neatly sectioned off by use and then couple o wks ago I decided to balance it in the corner of the breakfast bar while I did a piddly little job and promptly knocked it off and there’s Dremel shit everywhere ! So yes I am a knobhead ! 🤦‍♂️

On 08/04/2021 at 19:09, GenuineGerman said:

God loves a trier 

For an gnu that rare, with that perfect Halford's Own paintjob, and, unless God allows my eyes to be deceived, set of wondrous extras; the chap obviously states collection only.  

I can only hope that Securicor or Group 4 are insured well enough to carry such an article. 

There's fuck all chance of anyone driving halfway across the country for it, that's for sure.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

For an gnu that rare, with that perfect Halford's Own paintjob, and, unless God allows my eyes to be deceived, set of wondrous extras; the chap obviously states collection only.  

I can only hope that Securicor or Group 4 are insured well enough to carry such an article. 

There's fuck all chance of anyone driving halfway across the country for it, that's for sure.

Lol, i was too busy microanalysing the price to see it was collection only......

Both the gun and suppressor are out of stock from the suppliers I can find and would trust so I'll take the cheapest price I can find from a reputable retailer even if out of stock.

ASG MP9  - £199.99

ASG M9 Suppressor - £54.99

Both prices pulled from PatrolBase. 

254.98 combined price brand new, applying a 60-70% of retail second hand value we get £152.99 - £178.49 second hand value. That is assuming the gun only has normal wear and tear damage. However the gun is damaged beyond that as the sling point is completely sheared off. And to top it off, the asking price of £180 is for collection/if you live within reasonable driving distance of him else he wants postage and PayPal fee's on top. (Paypal ToS state the seller is to take the cost of the paypal fee's and not charge to the customer)

Since the item is damage beyond normal wear and tear I'd go with 60% total retail value and sell it for £152.99 for collection and £170 odd for postage including paypal fees (I've can't remember how much it'd cost to post something of that size but I'm thinking around £14-£16? Correct me if I'm wrong)

I rest my case, your honour. 

Edited by Encore
Spelling, grammer and typo's

• Supporters
25 minutes ago, GenuineGerman said:

Could/Is there be a thread on paypal fees? best not open that can of worms 

Its not an argument i really understand.

Just work out the fee's and postage before you list it and add it onto the total price.

I mean your almost always tanking a massive depreciation loss when selling secondhand gear anyway.

25 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Its not an argument i really understand.

Just work out the fee's and postage before you list it and add it onto the total price.

I mean your almost always tanking a massive depreciation loss when selling secondhand gear anyway.

for me the frustrating bit is as a buyer im paying selling fees maybe i should charge the seller buying fees. I agree that if its all in a oner then it gives you a complete cost not a price then all the extras  

I don't think there is but perhaps a simple guide on how to factor in paypal fee's into your final price might be a good idea? I use a online calculator, where I type in what I'd like to receive from the buyer after paypal takes their cut and it tells me the price I need the buyer to pay, I then whack on the postage costs and just list the all in price. No extra or hidden costs. You pay as listed and you get your new toy as fast as I can get it to the post office and Royal mail can get it to you.

Edited by Encore

2 minutes ago, Encore said:

I don't think there is but perhaps a simple guide on how to factor in paypal fee's into your final price might be a good idea? I use a online calculator, where I type in what I'd like to receive from the buyer after paypal takes their cut and it tells me the price I need the buyer to pay. 

the question is why should the buyer pay selling fees? They are selling so surely the seller should cover them?

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, GenuineGerman said:

for me the frustrating bit is as a buyer im paying selling fees maybe i should charge the seller buying fees. I agree that if its all in a oner then it gives you a complete cost not a price then all the extras  

Tbh, its not something i've ever worried about, if i'm dropping a few hundred on a pew then dont see the point sweating over a few £ either way.

But then i dont tend to haggle either- if i dont like the price i just dont buy it or wait for the seller to drop it to a level i'm ok with paying. Someone else jumps in and buys it in the meantime so be it.

18 minutes ago, GenuineGerman said:

the question is why should the buyer pay selling fees? They are selling so surely the seller should cover them?

Because most people when selling have a price in mind for what they want to get into their pocket once its all said and done. If want £150 in my pocket and its reasonable to ask that for what I'm selling then why can't I just ask for £170 all in? Paypal will charge me 4.79 for a sale of £150, so I add on 4.79 to my sale price then add delivery (lets says £15.21 for this example) so I ask for £170 and I get the £150 I wanted in my pocket at the end. 

Also that logic only applies to payment methods where there is a fee. Sellers could just as easily say pay me with a bank transfer or as family and friends on paypal where there is no fee to the seller. People accept paypal because it makes things convenient and gives buyers the extra security of paypal buyer protections which heavily favour the buyer. 

Personally I don't mind having the fee included in the total cost of what I'm about to buy second hand. If I buy something for X price all in, then I'm either happy to pay that price and I buy it or I'm not and I don't. Like Adolf Hamster said, if I'm dropping more than a few pints at the local in terms of cash on something, a few pennies to pounds more doesn't bother me at that point.  

Edited by Encore

16 minutes ago, GenuineGerman said:

Tbh if you think of the selling fee as VAT then its kinda ok?  i agree it should be accounted for when naming your price.  want £10 for it? place the advert for £11 or £11.50.  there are plenty of calculators on google work working that stuff out. 

I know im being pedantic however if there was buyers fees for sellers would those be passed on? I don't have a problem paying for something that i think is worth the money but just list the complete price. Its easy and im sure people that sell doing that tend to have quicker sales.

• Supporters

The topic of ‘Fees’ rears it’s ugly little heads quite regularly and in the end it always ends up the same way , you’ve got one side that says you should have one single figure that you ask for that covers everything and on the other you’ve got the ones who go in to very long winded reasons for why you have the goods price and then P&P plus PayPal is tagged on after . One of the biggest reasons they Say this seems to be letting the buyer choose the delivery method instead of setting it them selves wether by parcelfarce/ Royal fail or Hermies/etc me I just do Royal Mail/Parcelfarce as my preference for who I’ll send via and that’s that you want anything else ? Sorry no can do . 

On 13/04/2021 at 10:37, Encore said:

Both the gun and suppressor are out of stock from the suppliers I can find and would trust so I'll take the cheapest price I can find from a reputable retailer even if out of stock.

ASG MP9  - £199.99

ASG M9 Suppressor - £54.99

Both prices pulled from PatrolBase. 

254.98 combined price brand new, applying a 60-70% of retail second hand value we get £152.99 - £178.49 second hand value. That is assuming the gun only has normal wear and tear damage. However the gun is damaged beyond that as the sling point is completely sheared off. And to top it off, the asking price of £180 is for collection/if you live within reasonable driving distance of him else he wants postage and PayPal fee's on top. (Paypal ToS state the seller is to take the cost of the paypal fee's and not charge to the customer)

Since the item is damage beyond normal wear and tear I'd go with 60% total retail value and sell it for £152.99 for collection and £170 odd for postage including paypal fees (I've can't remember how much it'd cost to post something of that size but I'm thinking around £14-£16? Correct me if I'm wrong)

I rest my case, your honour. 

Its not the worst we have ever seen by  LOOOOONNNNGGG stretch.

Speaking of which, any chance we can vote on a Top 3 of Macks from down the years? Be it sheer balls of an asking price or drama after?

• Head Moderator
On 11/04/2021 at 09:40, Jaylordofwaargh said:

"Great for transporting tens of thousands of BB’s!! Simply dip your speed loader into it and your good to go!"

For me its this^^ WhyTF would anyone store loose bb's in here? i am all for novel uses but this was a forehead slap when i saw this

I have one of those metal BB tins for my pre-used BBs. See this topic 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Its not the worst we have ever seen by  LOOOOONNNNGGG stretch.

Speaking of which, any chance we can vote on a Top 3 of Macks from down the years? Be it sheer balls of an asking price or drama after?

isn't that just gonna be won by the 1" at 50m nuprol guy?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

£15 2nd hand on here or £9.88 from a U.K. seller on fleabay , not a huge amount in the wider scheme of things but still a third of the asking price , So not that much at first glance but bump it too an AEG for sale instead , when you then stick another 0 on the price it suddenly is a VERY big difference in amounts ? 

18 minutes ago, rj1986 said:

Not sure if I can cope with the detail of this ad...

https://www.usedairsoft.co.uk/rif-s/tm-delta-hk416-recoil_i26293

Same site, this looks a bit dodge...https://www.usedairsoft.co.uk/rif-s/wanted-novritsch-ssr15-new-or-used_i26291

"I am looking to buy a Novritsch SSR15 from someone either if you've used it or I'm happy if you buy it from novritch brand new and ship it to me (I will pay extra for that of course"

I went looking for the detail on the 416, just wow. 

As to the 'i really want this gun and im definitely not 16/got a defence....

Also wow. Now, who is willing to talk to these guys and take a small cut to help fund the meet up later....(joking but damn)

• Supporters
9 hours ago, rj1986 said:

Not sure if I can cope with the detail of this ad...

https://www.usedairsoft.co.uk/rif-s/tm-delta-hk416-recoil_i26293

Thought I was never going to finish the description it went in to so much detail ! 😳