Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

6 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

I get that with BBs it’s not an exact science. And yes the quality of the plastic and how the bb is created has an affect for sure. What works with one gun may not necessarily work with another. I was talking to a mate who uses Green Devils coz his site dictates their use as mandatory. This brand of BB worked fine in a PTW and a MWS yet in a GBLS it got smashed to bits. Go figure. You’d think the MWS being a GBBR would have been the one that destroyed it. 

Absolutely, there is no substitute for testing specific guns with BBs. Have had an AK it the past that was shooting very nicely with 0.28g BBs. Tried the 0.30g of the same brand and was a horror show. Choking and did a number on the hop up rubber.  GBBR versus AEG introduces another variable.  

3 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Yes a Cyma AK74 that a 47 ! 🤦‍♂️ Don’t know about you lot but me’s definitely getting a ‘retailer clearing out there part-ex Cupboard’ vibe from this persons adverts ? 

Oh dear.  My beer goggles need a good clean...

11 minutes ago, Piman said:

Can I put forward the whole of the Patrol Base boneyard?

I noticed that - some of the them were only £20 less than retail. Broken or missing bits. Not really any kind of bargain.

Case in point:

image.png.0e7b1bb03e259b8069860452f62c3db6.png

They were selling these new, in black, for £160 in January.

1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

I use Guarder .36s in my MWS and GHK AK they seem decent too

Never thought to try Guarder, will give em a go next time I get the chance. From a bit of searching its claimed by some some that they are BLS OEM. The 1000 bag for the heavier weights makes trying them an attractive proposition. 

5 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I noticed that - some of the them were only £20 less than retail. Broken or missing bits. Not really any kind of bargain.

Case in point:

image.png.0e7b1bb03e259b8069860452f62c3db6.png

They were selling these new, in black, for £160 in January.

Completely agree... I like PB and their prices & service are good, however the Boneyard is baffling... stuff that's busted/bodged/missing parts and yet charged at full price... mental.

190 quid for a fooched two-tone gun... to quote Tim Taylor from Home Improvement... "Aeuuuhhhhhh?!?!?"

Oh dear, poor Megan. Insists in the thread about MP7’s VFC is the best ever, then has to sell because she needs the cash.......

Oh wait, there’s no price, actually wants to swap for another gun.

Sorry, not sorry, I’m in a shitty mood this morning 👿

• Supporters

not so much a dreamer post, but a thing i noticed on an ad and it's not really worth making a new topic:

why oh why g&g did you make the best airsoft mg42 on the market, a true work of art, then ruin it by stamping "made in taiwan" in massive fuckin letters on the side :(

i'm not the worlds biggest markings freak but there are some lines that should not be crossed......

• Supporters

I've not done the maths, but I've got a sneaky suspicion I could buy it all new, & still have change, as this one clearly has seen quite a lot of use, with more than one owner ?

https://www.taiwangun.com/assault-rifle-aeg/urban-assault-rifle-tan-aps

2 hours ago, Tackle said:

I've not done the maths, but I've got a sneaky suspicion I could buy it all new, & still have change, as this one clearly has seen quite a lot of use, with more than one owner ?

Pretty sure its a first gen version if it was originally front wired. The newer ones (2015 onwards) are rear wired out of the factory along with a sprinkling of other changes.

I quite fancy one. No idea why though.

1 hour ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Pretty sure its a first gen version if it was originally front wired. The newer ones (2015 onwards) are rear wired out of the factory along with a sprinkling of other changes.

I quite fancy one. No idea why though.

They make really good quick dmr builds. And hpa them they are good too  . 

• Supporters

I picked one up for sons gf, her first gun & so far no complaints, I've used it & other than being a bit fussy with mags, it does what it's supposed to.

Prices s/h vary, seen em for as little as £50, £80-£100 with a couple of mags seems to be the going rate.

Nohttps://prefired.co.uk/ads/tm-m4-cqbr-l192a-longsword/

Am I missing something or is this actually worth it? (No it isn't, even with the £109 million win)

Sure all the original bits are there sure there are some select parts involved and the work done by (i'm guessing) reputable techs....but! This looks like a high ball expecting lower end offers. 

Then consider what the person wants to swap for, it a joke right? 

So many things wrong when you also consider fps

22 minutes ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Am I missing something or is this actually worth it? (No it isn't, even with the £109 million win)

Sure all the original bits are there sure there are some select parts involved and the work done by (i'm guessing) reputable techs....but! This looks like a high ball expecting lower end offers. 

I’d be expecting a reach around included for this price haha 😂 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Unfortunately no he’s not joking and yes he is deadly serious with his asking price .

Take it your new’ish to the world of TM recoils as ‘Kingdom of airsoft’ has an almost mystical reputation with your really obsessive recoil fanboys , it takes literally mths to get him to even look at your gun AND then even more mths to get it done and back !
Dropping a grand on one of his ‘upgrades’ is the norm so yea 1,200 is nothing unusual .

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

Unfortunately no he’s not joking and yes he is deadly serious with his asking price .

Take it your new’ish to the world of TM recoils as ‘Kingdom of airsoft’ has an almost mystical reputation with your really obsessive recoil fanboys , it takes literally mths to get him to even look at your gun AND then even more mths to get it done and back !
Dropping a grand on one of his ‘upgrades’ is the norm so yea 1,200 is nothing unusual .

Yes I am new ish to the world of tm recoil, it sits out of my normal budget, I like eating and rent is apparently a thing that I shouldn't miss. 

So this is a tech that can make tm recoils work with upgrades, capture the magic dust as it were, uh, fair enough. 

An ad for tm fan bois only then.

Let me get this straight. Twelve hundred quid for an Airsoft gun.

Regardless whether its been blessed by the Machine Gods of Warhammer 40k, or has a tungsten inner barrel with titanium gears and a 100000rpm motor that runs off a mini fusion reactor, or has xyz other features designed to impress Gear Geeks but with sod-all difference to the average player in a skirmish, it's still a plastic pellet-firing toy gun.

For twelve hundred quid.

Mental.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Yes I am new ish to the world of tm recoil, it sits out of my normal budget, I like eating and rent is apparently a thing that I shouldn't miss. 

So this is a tech that can make tm recoils work with upgrades, capture the magic dust as it were, uh, fair enough. 

An ad for tm fan bois only then.

It’s a running argument between the two main camps of TM recoil fan , on the one side(the side I’m on) you have the players who say leave well alone they don’t NEED to be upgraded bar sticking a deans on it . Then in the other are the ones who say it’ll become the ultimate BB slinger by basically changing near everything in it turn it in to ‘triggers broom’ , which my side thinks rather defies the point of having one in the first place ! 👍

PS you can NEVER save or regain the magic dust once you crack the gearbox open .😉

Not entirely sure what the point is in ejaculating a wodge of moolah on a posh, Gucci airsoft weapon then swapping out shitloads of bits in it for even more moolah. What's the benefit, aside from massaging one's overinflated ego or enhancing someone else's bank account?

I'll stick to my budget junk that does the same job, flinging plastic spheres at not-very-stunning velocities towards the opposing players...