Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

28 minutes ago, DRay said:

I don’t care what it’s performance is like. It could be the best RIF in the world. But who in their right mind thinks that ANYONE is going to pay £200 for that absolute monstrosity?? It looks like someone let a 9 year old design it. 

2DB0FEBB-D339-4EB3-A695-E37FCF0180B8.png

I don’t actually understand the point of this. Looks like someone has taken a shit on a m4 and painted it blue 

• Supporters
53 minutes ago, DRay said:

I don’t care what it’s performance is like. It could be the best RIF in the world. But who in their right mind thinks that ANYONE is going to pay £200 for that absolute monstrosity?? It looks like someone let a 9 year old design it. 

me local had those in for a while, apparently they sold really well.

although to who i don't know, i've never seen one fielded. 

Hey, Old People....

This is peak ergonomic design. If you cant handle that, then I dont know how to help.

Yeah, ok I lied. If it shoots ok then some a couple of rattle cans can 'fix' the look, well the colour. 

As to visual media be that tv, cinema or gaming I am seeing a lot of vectors. As to what I see as beautiful gnu shape, classic AK with a skeleton stock. 

1 hour ago, alxndrhll said:

I dare say you've landed on the answer yourself in the question.

When us... more matured chaps were growing up the influences around us were very much in the 'present day' category, ARs, AKs, 1911s, Glocks. It's certainly no coincidence that these are still the most commonly produced replicas. Cinema, TV, video games... it was all largely depicitions of weaponry that was in present use that time. Take a look at the same media now, geared toward that audience, the aesthetic of popular modern media to the younger crowd is shifting toward this look (refering to whatever that weird JG thing is). Especially in video games...Fortnite, Apex Legends, Overwatch to name just a few. Like it or not folks get conditioned to think this looks nothing like a 'cool gnu' because we learned what we perceive a gnu to look like when we were younger, the young 'uns nowaday likely have a slightly different idea of what makes a 'cool gnu'.

Side note, my opinion lines up with yours. I think it looks wank... but I was trying to present an actual answer to your question, despite the fact I suspect it was rhetorical.

Funnily enough, the JG Thunder Maul is based on a rifle in Ghost In The Shell, a 1995 anime movie. It predates many modern rifles that you can get in Airsoft. As someone who is 35, the rifle does appeal to me, though not enough to purchase one. (Its quite innacurate, the one depicted in the anime is a bullpup)

14 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

No way this is a metal bodied gun. You can tell the ICS plastic bodies by the rear receiver area, there's extra reinforcement around the take down pin.

I quite liked how detailed the seller is on requiring information on a Defense. You might as well send your cv and clothing measurements. Not sure I would feel comfortable sending a copy of my ID to a private seller. 

9 minutes ago, GenuineGerman said:

I quite liked how detailed the seller is on requiring information on a Defense. You might as well send your cv and clothing measurements. Not sure I would feel comfortable sending a copy of my ID to a private seller. 

Proof of age should be a bare minimum that folks selling RIFs should be requesting ahead of accepting payment in my opinion. The exact defence folks want proof of may vary, but knowing that the buyer meets the age requirement should be non-negotiable.

From the classifieds forum rules:

'The Law

Your sale must be in compliance with Great British law, especially relevant; the VCRA, which has laid down various restrictions on the trade of Imitation Firearms (IF) and Realistic Imitation Firearms (RIF). Remember, the seller is responsible for checking and verifying the legality of a sale. Please see the UK Law section of the forums if you need any guidance on this and open a topic if you're unsure. None of the below is legal advice. In short:

1. As a seller you are liable for who you're selling to.
  2. No airsoft gun can be sold to someone under the age of 18 irrespective of whether it's 2-tone or a RIF (i.e. black/realistically coloured)
  3. As a seller you must take precautions to satisfy yourself that who you're selling to has a valid defence against prosecution for owning an airsoft gun - for the majority of cases this means the person you're selling to should be an airsoft skirmisher. Some things you can check are:
    • Skirmishing site membership
    • UKARA database membership
    • Photographic proof that a member is a skirmisher (i.e. pictures of them playing)'

3 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Proof of age should be a bare minimum that folks selling RIFs should be requesting ahead of accepting payment in my opinion. The exact defence folks want proof of may vary, but knowing that the buyer meets the age requirement should be non-negotiable.

From the classifieds forum rules:

'The Law

Your sale must be in compliance with Great British law, especially relevant; the VCRA, which has laid down various restrictions on the trade of Imitation Firearms (IF) and Realistic Imitation Firearms (RIF). Remember, the seller is responsible for checking and verifying the legality of a sale. Please see the UK Law section of the forums if you need any guidance on this and open a topic if you're unsure. None of the below is legal advice. In short:

1. As a seller you are liable for who you're selling to.
  2. No airsoft gun can be sold to someone under the age of 18 irrespective of whether it's 2-tone or a RIF (i.e. black/realistically coloured)
  3. As a seller you must take precautions to satisfy yourself that who you're selling to has a valid defence against prosecution for owning an airsoft gun - for the majority of cases this means the person you're selling to should be an airsoft skirmisher. Some things you can check are:
    • Skirmishing site membership
    • UKARA database membership
    • Photographic proof that a member is a skirmisher (i.e. pictures of them playing)'

If you feel comfortable sending you ID details be that passport or driving license to a random stranger fair play. All I’m saying is I wouldn’t. 

1 minute ago, GenuineGerman said:

If you feel comfortable sending you ID details be that passport or driving license to a random stranger fair play. All I’m saying is I wouldn’t. 

Aye, I wasn't commenting on your own personal preferences. Was merely pointing out that a seller being thorough when carrying out the checks and balances (shit, now I'm saying it) shouldn't, in my opinion, be something that's looked at in a negative light.

1 minute ago, alxndrhll said:

Aye, I wasn't commenting on your own personal preferences. Was merely pointing out that a seller being thorough when carrying out the checks and balances (shit, now I'm saying it) shouldn't, in my opinion, be something that's looked at in a negative light.

Haha not the checks and balances again. I agree the seller should protect themselves and be through my concern would be they might put people off by asking for so much info. It’s a difficult judgement call 

• Supporters

The fact it's the guys first post is enough to make me suspicious 🤔

3 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

That stubby is just well hmmmmmmm an acquired taste.... I can't believe anyone actually played with these let alone bought one... :(

It's the gun equivalent of when Deadpool had to regrow his legs... 

aPFUg6f.jpg

Like New. Except my friend stippled it because “he wanted to have a go”, and I drilled and taped the mag release.

Hey, at least he’s honest, if somewhat delusional 😂

And the dirty great hole drilled into the mag release. 

So not ‘like new’ in the slightest. Still, £100 for a P226 with three mags isn’t the most expansive I have seen. 

14 minutes ago, DRay said:

And the dirty great hole drilled into the mag release. 

So not ‘like new’ in the slightest. Still, £100 for a P226 with three mags isn’t the most expansive I have seen. 

Agreed if you can over look the rather crude stippling and the hole it’s not too bad. Might be worth a punt at 90 to 100 

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
On 06/03/2021 at 15:11, alxndrhll said:

Take a look at the same media now, geared toward that audience, the aesthetic of popular modern media to the younger crowd is shifting toward this look (refering to whatever that weird JG thing is).

Nothing new about this - it's a "Thunder Maul", a clone of a gun from the Ghost in the Shell Anime from the 90s:

JG Thunder Maul | Popular Airsoft: Welcome To The Airsoft World

If you see weird designs like this they're always almost certainly anime-related imo

• Supporters
On 19/02/2021 at 12:40, Asomodai said:

I saw a brand new airsofter get an Ares L1A1 with wood stock two toned... 

oh god yes ! I remember that one ! Never mind a small part a fecking huge part of me died when I saw that ! 😭

6 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

oh god yes ! I remember that one ! Never mind a small part a fecking huge part of me died when I saw that ! 😭

I was wrong. It was the black one. Not wooden!

L1A1 ARES from Patrol Base - Guns, Gear & Loadouts - Airsoft Forums UK (airsoft-forums.uk)

• Supporters
23 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Like New. Except my friend stippled it because “he wanted to have a go”, and I drilled and taped the mag release.

That is not stippling that is 3D rendering of an impressionist painters idea of what texture should feel like ! 😳

1 hour ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Nothing new about this - it's a "Thunder Maul", a clone of a gun from the Ghost in the Shell Anime from the 90s:

JG Thunder Maul | Popular Airsoft: Welcome To The Airsoft World

If you see weird designs like this they're always almost certainly anime-related imo

Aye, though there definitely seems to be a developing pattern from some companies of late. A decent portion of the more recent KWA stuff for example, especially their 'limited edition' runs, feel like they're after a very different market than most others out there. Not quite up there with being as over the top as the Thunder Maul and the Vorpal Bunny, but definitely feels like they're targetting a persona that isn't 30+year old folks.

I just googled ‘vorpal bunny’ and I am now blind. The last time I saw something as horrendous as that was when I did rounds on the stokers mess and they were watching an ‘exotic wildlife documentary...’