Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters
28 minutes ago, GenuineGerman said:

At the end of the day something is only worth what someone wants to pay for it. If someone out there wants to drop 800 notes on it more power to them. And if they think it’s too expensive well then that’s ok as well. 

This. All day long.

@lukeB asked for an idea of cost, I made an educated guess based on what he has and how much they usually go for second hand. Is it expensive for airsoft? Absolutely. Is it expensive for a genuine second hand AVS? No, no it isn't. Honestly if it's in decent enough condition and someone really wanted it you could probably get more for it.

1 hour ago, lukeB said:

I knew I should have posted it on the real steel forums instead:)

Agree that it's expensive and totally unnecessary for airsoft, and only of interest to impression load-outs and real steel gear enthusiasts.

Target market is obviously very small, will probably sell in 6 months time when someone searches for it and comes across the ad.  

I hope you do sell it, i'd love to have but would need to save up for the next 6 months haha

I don't think the clones are that bad if its just the look you're after.

Currently selling all my remaining WAS rigs and just keeping a JPC and my trusty vx buckle up utility.  

Everyone should own at least 1 of those for what they cost.

• Supporters
30 minutes ago, lukeB said:

I don't think the clones are that bad if its just the look you're after.

I have the TMC clone and for the money it's really good. It ONLY comes in small/medium type size so it's a bit small for me. The licenced Z-shot ones come in two sizes but cost more like £300. Still cheap compared to real ones!

• Supporters
On 16/02/2021 at 17:26, AlphaBear said:

As much as I'd like to grow a beard and think I'm a smooth operator (Seal Team 6) in a theatre of war, I'm happy with my Viper kit.. lol

I'm definitely Meal Team 6!

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Lozart said:

I'm definitely Meal Team 6!

Yup I’m more of a ‘walrus team5&3/4’ than seal team6 operator my self , seal’s shoot around the place super fast and silent AND walruses are more crashing around at low speed making shit loads of noise ! 🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Speedbird_666 said:

£175 for a £130 gun. Two tone to boot.

Also, feet in the photo...

3 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

£175 for a £130 gun. Two tone to boot.

Just worries me that someone has possibly gone in to JBBG and parted with like £350 to get that lot.

Opinions please. This gun sold with no mention that it had been two-tone, and has been re-painted black, by an amateur apparently.

Should the seller have mentioned it in the ad?
And after receipt, should the seller effectively have said

”You didn’t ask if it was originally two-tone, so I didn’t tell you, it’s your problem” ?

Full disclosure, I  neither sold nor bought this gun

1 minute ago, rocketdogbert said:

Opinions please. This gun sold with no mention that it had been two-tone, and has been re-painted black, by an amateur apparently.

”You didn’t ask if it was originally two-tone, so I didn’t tell you, it’s your problem” ?

It should have absolutely been mentioned in the Advert. £800 isn't chump change, I would be livid if I was the buyer. What a dick thing for the seller to say.

In fact I'd send the whole lot back and raise a PayPal dispute.

6 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

It should have absolutely been mentioned in the Advert. £800 isn't chump change, I would be livid if I was the buyer. What a dick thing for the seller to say.

In fact I'd send the whole lot back and raise a PayPal dispute.

Exactly my advice

3 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

I’m cynical so would tend to suggest the seller was more than aware that it being two-tone at some point in its life would hurt the sale price so the information was intentionally withheld, but ultimately there is no possible way I could ever prove it... simply seems to be the most likely situation.

Either way the feeling of having the wool pulled over your eyes is never a nice one, if the buyer isn’t satisfied I hope they’re able to come to an amicable resolution.

29 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

That attitude might work when you buy a pos car from a dodgy car salesperson but for what this is I would feel like I was lied to as a buyer. It’s fairly easy to tell if a gun has been repainted especially if it’s done poorly and should be mentioned regardless 

as mentioned by other the buyer should return and there money back 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Also, given what we now know, the cynical side of me wonders whether "don't come to my house because of covid" is actually code for "don't come to my house 'cos you'll see how shit it is" ?

• Supporters
12 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Honestly, it took me all of 30 secs looking at the pics to work out it had been repainted (no fire select/safety lever markings for a kick off). In an ideal world I agree that it should have been mentioned in the listing that this was previously a two tone, caveat emptor still applies.

7 hours ago, Asomodai said:

£750, Comes with leaky mags, or you could buy brand new from Gunfire for 650 quid inc VAT.

DSR-1 Sniper Rifle Replica - Black-Silver - shop Gunfire

You mean £662 plus VAT, shipping and duty.

7 hours ago, EDcase said:

Definitely a dick seller and if this is the case then he should be banned from classifieds

Agreed. Considering the seller has only posted adverts we wouldn't be missing much

12 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Surely long-story short, any aftermarket painting should be categorically stated?

34 minutes ago, Lozart said:

caveat emptor still applies.

But does it though?

The seller (rightly) listed other flaws with the gun (i.e. cracked magazine shrouds) - but neglected to mention a big show-stopper for a lot of people. That, IMO, is misrepresentation.

Hopefully the buyer will raise a dispute (assuming they used PayPal). I would apoplectic with rage if this had happened to me.

21 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Surely long-story short, any aftermarket painting should be categorically stated?

This x1000. Absolutely spot on. It should be a rule for using the classifieds.

Even for a cheap gun not mentioning the shitty paint job / ex two tone is a dick move but maybe something you could get over, for something considered a grail gun and costing that much it certainly is deceitful. 

I find it even worse that for a game based on honesty people would be so snide when it comes to things like this :( 

It will be Interesting to see how PayPal handles this case. Either it’s a full refund excluding postage and believe me that can be difficult to get back or both parties may agree to a mutual understanding. Nevertheless this episode should be a reminder to everyone to ask all the fundamental questions when buying used gear. Sadly the current COVID situation does not help matters as you can’t try before you buy anymore.