Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

never understood skeletonised builds in airsoft. in the RS world it seems to be a 50/50 split between weight reduction and fashion.

i tend to be suspicious of super high-end builds like that though, can't help but feel that things were chosen based on the criteria of shiniest/most expensive rather than being a good/compatible part for the build.

I like to work of a simple equation when it comes to things  like this ,

Claimed price of build +number of uses in game+reputation of builder(or more precisely LACK off)= how f*cked up its going to be ? 🤦‍♂️
worked quite well over the years ! 🤣🤣

• Supporters
54 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

I like to work of a simple equation when it comes to things  like this ,

Claimed price of build +number of uses in game+reputation of builder(or more precisely LACK off)= how f*cked up its going to be ? 🤦‍♂️
worked quite well over the years ! 🤣🤣

There's a reason you see ten polarstar jacks for sale for every f2.....

Ladies and gentlemen; I think we have a winner! 

£800 for a used plate carrier and some ammo pouches. I can only presume this was worn by Jesus himself or it contains a stealth jetpack that enables you to do the COD MW2 gravity jump think mid-skirmish! 

2D4D3A50-F6C4-4FA4-9157-65C3D8936896.png

• Head Moderator
6 minutes ago, DRay said:

£800 for a used plate carrier and some ammo pouches.

This was posted in the Appraisals section (see below for guide price)

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
9 minutes ago, DRay said:

Ladies and gentlemen; I think we have a winner! 

£800 for a used plate carrier and some ammo pouches. I can only presume this was worn by Jesus himself or it contains a stealth jetpack that enables you to do the COD MW2 gravity jump think mid-skirmish! 

2D4D3A50-F6C4-4FA4-9157-65C3D8936896.png

That setup reaches ~$850 in the US and the price difference for kit at this level is commonly 1:1. A quick google puts the equivalent UK prices at around 1 grand, I don't think there's really any dreaming here.

29 minutes ago, GenuineGerman said:

I wish I had pockets that deep. Nice bit of kit but I suspect I would be living with it in the car. 

That just makes getting to games easier. 

15 hours ago, DRay said:

If that is a reasonable price I stand corrected and the seller is not a dreamer. 

I don’t know how rich I would need to be to spend a grand on something to carry £20 mags round in, but it would have to be Bill Gates levels of rich. 

Agreed, each to their own though.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
15 hours ago, DRay said:

I don’t know how rich I would need to be to spend a grand on something to carry £20 mags round in, but it would have to be Bill Gates levels of rich. 

Dream on ;)

16 hours ago, DRay said:

If that is a reasonable price I stand corrected and the seller is not a dreamer. 

If i were dropping that cash on PC you can be sure my mags are £40+ gas numbers to maintain maximum superiority. 

• Supporters
18 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

That setup reaches ~$850 in the US and the price difference for kit at this level is commonly 1:1. A quick google puts the equivalent UK prices at around 1 grand, I don't think there's really any dreaming here.

If it’s around the grand mark new then surely using the 60% that most use for 2nd hand airsoft sales that’ll put the price around 600’ish not 800 ?

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Druid799 said:

If it’s around the grand mark new then surely using the 60% that most use for 2nd hand airsoft sales that’ll put the price around 600’ish not 800 ?

Lozart's original guidance in the appraisals thread to the seller was for a £1400 rrp and 8-900 secondhand, seems the seller went for the lower end of that bracket.

i assume someone with the cash and desire for such a thing probably has a good idea wether or not it's worth it (at least i'd hope anyone dropping that kind of cash on a rig has done some research)

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
9 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

It's actually around £1400 new as per @Lozart 's post

"60% of new" might be good enough for cheap tat or mid-range items that lots of people here like to buy, but once you get to a high enough price range... Complete tosh and the seller can set their price higher. They're often in no rush to sell, and they know what they've got is valuable.

Like - to really hammer the point home here, anyone saying "According to this unofficial formula which people use as a way to estimate worth, your item is actually worth less than you think" for high-end kit is deluding themselves. They're the dreamer, not the seller.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

It's actually around £1400 new as @Lozart

"60% of new" might be good enough for cheap tat or mid-range items that lots of people here like to buy, but once you get to a high enough price range... Complete tosh and the seller can set their price higher. They're often in no rush to sell, and they know what they've got is valuable.

Get out of bed the wrong side ? 
ps I was quoting you with grand comment .

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
6 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Get out of bed the wrong side ? 
ps I was quoting you with grand comment .

Yeah, I know you were but Lozart's comment is more accurate so if you're applying "60% of new" then it's his value to use.

But... As I said, it's not a reliable way to assess value on high-end, small-volume items.

I knew I should have posted it on the real steel forums instead:)

Agree that it's expensive and totally unnecessary for airsoft, and only of interest to impression load-outs and real steel gear enthusiasts.

Target market is obviously very small, will probably sell in 6 months time when someone searches for it and comes across the ad.  

3 minutes ago, lukeB said:

Agree that it's expensive and totally unnecessary for airsoft, and only of interest to impression load-outs and real steel gear enthusiasts.

Target market is obviously very small, will probably sell in 6 months time when someone searches for it and comes across the ad.  

It's a fair price for what it is. Very niche, but I'm sure there's someone out there who will want it.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, lukeB said:

hey it's cool. this thread works both ways and you've been thoroughly vindicated.

probably a limited market as you say but we got all sorts on here.

Yo we need a badge for all the active users who end up in Macks :D

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Skara said:

Yo we need a badge for all the active users who end up in Macks :D

little acheivement get sign. although cue the spamming of the classifieds with overpriced stuff just to get the badge :P