Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

21 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

not remotely questioning the price on this, what i wanna know is what the fuck is going on with that ak?

Hold on, that's a red dot on the muzzle end? That chap must have bloody good eye sight thats for sure..! 

6 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Hold on, that's a red dot on the muzzle end? That chap must have bloody good eye sight thats for sure..! 

Red dots being mounted on the front end of an AK is nothing unusual, often they're even further forward on a rail that sits on/as part of the gas tube. Red dots are often (or at least are advertised as being) parallax free, as long as it's zero'd it doesn't make a huge amount of difference.

590968441_akreddot.thumb.jpg.e4b42cce6dfb16f933a0ff95be025058.jpg

I suspect what Hamster is referring to is the length, or lack there of, of the outer barrel haha. I dare say the front sight post seemingly being attached to the trunion is... uncommon 😅

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

that's a red dot mounted to the rear sight block (the ad being for the mount that clamps onto the rear sight block on an aksu)

whats odd as @alxndrhll correctly identified is the fact the front sight block is right against the trunnion.

that's gotta be what, a 4" barrel tops?

10 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Red dots being mounted on the front end of an AK is nothing unusual, often they're even further forward on a rail that sits on/as part of the gas tube. Red dots are often (or at least are advertised as being) parallax free, as long as it's zero'd it doesn't make a huge amount of difference.

590968441_akreddot.thumb.jpg.e4b42cce6dfb16f933a0ff95be025058.jpg

I suspect what Hamster is referring to is the length, or lack there of, of the outer barrel haha. I dare say the front sight post seemingly being attached to the trunion is... uncommon 😅

Ahhh gotcha.... good pic that...!

Just out of curiosity I'm gonna stick a red dot up the muzzle end on my M4 now and see if I can see the bloody dot or not... lol

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Ahhh gotcha.... good pic that...!

Just out of curiosity I'm gonna stick a red dot up the muzzle end on my M4 now and see if I can see the bloody dot or not... lol

i beleive there's meant to be some argument for it being better for snap shooting, although i can't say i agree. if the dot has good parallax then it feels like having the window as close to the eye as possible to give the largest field of view is superior.

of course the other reason on the ak specifically is that the gas block mounts are deemed more stable than a hinged top cover and the fixed top covers/siderail mounts can make access for maintenance a pain.

Just saw this pop up on my Marui feed.. don’t know what to make of the ‘custom’ case. Seems from the thread a client requested those cases. I’m sure he plays a lot of airsoft. Right? 

F19396E1-EAC3-4FB3-AFF7-C39DE4C64706.png

I think only a thread for RIFs, but this guy certainly counts as a dreamer? 

£50 for a pair of issued boots, used, that are £45 new in stores and about £20 for grade 1 surplus. 

637E6E47-42A3-43AD-A33B-5EBA6F7FEE43.png

• Supporters

Another hopeful Harry ?  
100 beer tokens seems a tad excessive for something that’s basically looks as if it’s been built out of the spares box ?

https://www.usedairsoft.co.uk/two-tone-replicas/electric-powered_1/bulldog-m4-with-holo-sight-and-foregrip-plus-more-read-description_i24905

Contender for dreamer of the month? i mean sure there is a bag, and a holo sight (probably the high ticket item) but dear gods bbgunz 4 less did a number on this guy.

Edit: dude is from Wimbledon so bbguns4less is off the hook - Just BBguns looks to be the culprit 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

https://www.usedairsoft.co.uk/two-tone-replicas/electric-powered_1/bulldog-m4-with-holo-sight-and-foregrip-plus-more-read-description_i24905

Contender for dreamer of the month? i mean sure there is a bag, and a holo sight (probably the high ticket item) but dear gods bbgunz 4 less did a number on this guy.

Edit: dude is from Wimbledon so bbguns4less is off the hook - Just BBguns looks to be the culprit 

meanwhile in the real world that's e&l money......

• Supporters

Seriously ?, Connery ruled.

On a side note, I sent pierce brosnan his first bond script before he accepted the role👍😎

4 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Seriously ?, Connery ruled.

On a side note, I sent pierce brosnan his first bond script before he accepted the role👍😎

seconding Connery

Every one who played bond did it in his own way however I, much like Tackle, lean towards Connery probably because he created the role from the start. 

No one was overly crap at it imho, just tone better than others! 

I think it’s a close call between Connery and Craig. Craig brought a vulnerability to Bond not seen before. Sky fall was showing the other day and I thought that’s a damn good movie and Craig’s portrayal of Bond I thought was really good. 

Then again I also watched Kindergarten Cop so what do I know. 😂

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

I think it’s a close call between Connery and Craig. Craig brought a vulnerability to Bond not seen before. Sky fall was showing the other day and I thought that’s a damn good movie and Craig’s portrayal of Bond I thought was really good. 

Agree, in fact watching watching Craig it occurred to me his character was like Connery's, in so much as they both had a "kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out" kinda approach lol

2 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Craig is just doing what Dalton did 20 years earlier. not saying thats a bad thing but Dalton does get the credit he deserves his bond was too soon for the time. 

Craig has got to take it as the best portrayal of Bond. He is the most human, has believable flaws and therefore is the most relatable. Connery and Lasenby are too perfect and make too few mistakes. I also think I could take either one of them in a fight. I know that Craig would hand my arse to me on a plate. 

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, DRay said:

Craig has got to take it as the best portrayal of Bond. He is the most human, has believable flaws and therefore is the most relatable. Connery and Lasenby are too perfect and make too few mistakes. I also think I could take either one of them in a fight. I know that Craig would hand my arse to me on a plate. 

😜

images (1).jpeg