Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

1 hour ago, BigStew said:

£250 for a two tone SRC that has had obvious heavy use and not sure which version it is. https://prefired.co.uk/ads/src-m4/

Doesn't really matter what gen the gun is though, because it's an SRC. They are all pretty shit*.

I wouldn't pay £2.50 for it.

*I'm sure there are a few people that will spout on about how their SRC has been amazeballs. I have yet to see a decent one in the real world.

I feel like that's the sort of "IF" that's traded from one trackie wearing teenager to the other. Every time with the line "Bruv, cost me nearly £270. Will take £250 tho"

2 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Doesn't really matter what gen the gun is though, because it's an SRC. They are all pretty shit*.

*I'm sure there are a few people that will spout on about how their SRC has been amazeballs. I have yet to see a decent one in the real world.

Their MP40 is probably the best available.

3 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

The SRC Steel MP5 is pretty nice! 

23 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

how about this:

hoping that the stock isn't actually being held together by electrical tape and cable ties: priceless

No idea about the value of the package, but as far as the stock goes, there's nothing for the cable ties to hold together where they are, so would assume they're just to keep something extra attached. 
Underneath the tape is a port which is where the bolt fits to the handguard. I'm guessing he's taken it off so that the jack can feed through easier. 
And it's an original Hera Arms stock (I know, as I sold it to him), so on its own worth at least £50.
It's a lovely stock, wish I never sold it. Or the RIF it went on, but hey ho...

• Supporters
28 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

No idea about the value of the package, but as far as the stock goes, there's nothing for the cable ties to hold together where they are, so would assume they're just to keep something extra attached. 
Underneath the tape is a port which is where the bolt fits to the handguard. I'm guessing he's taken it off so that the jack can feed through easier. 
And it's an original Hera Arms stock (I know, as I sold it to him), so on its own worth at least £50.
It's a lovely stock, wish I never sold it. Or the RIF it went on, but hey ho...

brings our running total up to 670, which by the usual 60% yeilds £400

it's interesting when you compare it to other sales in the hpa section:

8 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

brings our running total up to 670, which by the usual 60% yeilds £400

it's interesting when you compare it to other sales in the hpa section:

If you're using the 60% for the stock, then the price I gave is the second hand price already, so doesn't need reducing further. New they're £150 ish.

3 hours ago, Cromulon1994 said:

Their MP40 is probably the best available.

1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

The SRC Steel MP5 is pretty nice! 

When it comes to Star Rainbow Company the old saying 'In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king' springs to mind with your examples....😜

I shall counter with - the XM8.

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

If you're using the 60% for the stock, then the price I gave is the second hand price already, so doesn't need reducing further. New they're £150 ish.

fair point, although still quite the gap to make up.

51 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

When it comes to Star Rainbow Company the old saying 'In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king' springs to mind with your examples....😜

I shall counter with - the XM8.

I have two XM8s and they are perfectly fine rifles! 

50 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Would this be fitting for here? £600 for a KWA some mags and a bit of plastic

Actually, no. There is £250 worth of mags, making that rare and sought after gun an absolute bargain.

Find another

12 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Would this be fitting for here? £600 for a KWA some mags and a bit of plastic

I remember seeing one of these going at my local site going for £200 a couple of years ago, wish i had picked it up now!

47 minutes ago, sharpe said:

I remember seeing one of these going at my local site going for £200 a couple of years ago, wish i had picked it up now!

I sold one 10 years ago or so for £100 nobody wanted one. Dispite just being a KSC Glock 18C it wasn't reliable.

That's the sort of price they fetch now.

He will probably get it but Raresoft sold an as new boxed one with a bunch of boxed mags for a touch less.

As rdb says, find another.

The design is certainly an acquired taste....I've only ever seen YT videos of this and never one used in the airsoft world.... kinda looks as though one needs a proton pack to go with it... 😂 "Who ya gonna call.......'

4 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

The design is certainly an acquired taste....I've only ever seen YT videos of this and never one used in the airsoft world.... kinda looks as though one needs a proton pack to go with it... 😂 "Who ya gonna call.......'

It's the answer to the riddle: When's a sidearm, not a sidearm? 

Definitely a case of limited production and gimmick appeal leading to impulse purchases. Seems like the kinda thing that get's bought on a whim, then sold, bought on a whim then sold, rinse and repeat.