Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

16 minutes ago, Sboardley said:

Yesterday a certain person harangued a guy selling a Fal. He accused the seller of buying  it cheap from another guy on this forum, and reselling it at an inflated price. The 3rd party was named as the original seller, and when replied to the accuser, saying it in fact was not the same rif, the accuser just about called him out as not telling the truth. 
So, essentially, because the truth didn’t suit the duty officer, he saw it fit to slight two people. What right does he have to do this and go unchallenged apart from being a member of the price police clique?

If you like the price buy it.if not dont. simple as that in my eyes. 

We all like a deal and I'm an old hand at it having many years buying from seccy shops.i would know what I was prepared to pay for an item but if i couldn't haggle the price to suit me i wouldn't buy.nobody was twisting my arm.

Regards 

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, Sboardley said:

Yesterday a certain person harangued a guy selling a Fal. He accused the seller of buying  it cheap from another guy on this forum, and reselling it at an inflated price. The 3rd party was named as the original seller, and when replied to the accuser, saying it in fact was not the same rif, the accuser just about called him out as not telling the truth. 
So, essentially, because the truth didn’t suit the duty officer, he saw it fit to slight two people. What right does he have to do this and go unchallenged apart from being a member of the price police clique?

you mean this convo? lets run through it shall we:

7 hours ago, EDcase said:

original callout, just mentioning the price is expensive for what it is, which isn't unknown for this particular seller who often will link to websites in his own ads that are selling the same gun for cheaper than his price.

7 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

The advert says these are rare as a rocking horse. Just for the record I have a rocking horse. Well two as a matter of fact. Don’t judge me 😂

bit of side banter

6 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

How so?

Comes with mags and other bits, clearly says retail is £409 in his Ad, hes not that far off the 70% which is commonly agreed is the general value for good quality second hand bits.

Obviously had a look around for current prices too, and missed socom.

playing devils advocate and defending the pricing (part of the open debate this thread is meant to have)

6 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Also Socom have literally just had their JG restock.

5 hours ago, EDcase said:

I just pointed out that 2 sites were selling for less that his quoted retail

both countering the points raised by albiscuit, again open debate and presented in a non-offensive manner.

5 hours ago, Tackle said:

Also, didn't somebody comment (now removed ?) that avenger63 had literally just bought most of the package from another seller, for £190, probably less ?.

While there's no rules against making a profit, clearly avenger63 is a "trader", without any of the guarantees or CS associated with a retailer.

images (1).jpeg

and this is the one i'm guessing you're meaning, where it is theorised (but not explicitly stated) that the gun was bought cheaper than it's being sold for, whilst also stating that there's no rule against this practice.

granted there's an expression of distaste for the practice of acting as a trader via the forums, which is an opinion that can be argued to be entirely reasonable, although in this case stated with the help of memes in the banter-laden fashion that is common to this thread.

i seem to be missing the bit where the toxic bullying happened?

yeah, think you’ve missed out the bit where the third party chirps in and explains that it wasn’t his being resold, as he’d withdrawn it some time ago. And the bit where mr duck implies that the guy is not telling the truth, and it is in fact the same rif being sold on for more cash. 

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Sboardley said:

yeah, think you’ve missed out the bit where the third party chirps in and explains that it wasn’t his being resold, as he’d withdrawn it some time ago. And the bit where mr duck implies that the guy is not telling the truth, and it is in fact the same rif being sold on for more cash. 

are you meaning perhaps in the ad? because i ain't seeing what you're referring to in this thread.

looks like the comments have been moderated and the discussion directed here, without seeing them i can't tell if you have a point or not.

2 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

They’re a pretty discriminatory lot. My AK identifies as an M4 and someone on this thread threatened to burn me as a witch.

Might need thicker skin for this place

Agreed. You gotta.know when to roll with the punches and when to quit and run. I'm up for any argument if it comes to me. But will never go looking for one.

I believe we are all kindred spirits here and our aim(no pun intended) is to share knowledge and some have more knowledge than others.That is what makes the world go round.

I have learnt not to get bitter and twisted unless someone feeds you lemons and bitter aloes.(the older chaps will know) 

Dont let it upset you unless it upsets yours!!

Back in the room 🤭👍

Regards 

• Head Moderator
17 minutes ago, Sboardley said:

Conveniently deleted perhaps. Ed knows what I’m talking about. Was in the question section. 

I removed all the comments in the advert, that was not the place for the discussion whereas here is. 

Moderator Comment 

All members, please (re)read the forum rules, and remember:

• No Arguing
Don't argue, if you feel offended by the comments of another user or believe a post is offensive, report it to the moderators, and they or I will be deal with it. Starting a fight may result in sanctions for all those involved. Our first decision is our final one!

• Be nice to other forum users
Treat others as you would like to be treated to yourself. There is absolutely no need to be abusive on these forums. If you are then your posts / topics will be edited or deleted, you may be given a warning, you may get your account suspended, and persistent offenders will be banned.

• Be Constructive
If you don't have something constructive to add to a thread then don't post at all. This applies especially in the "Classifieds" section, if you have something to say, PM it to the seller. Comments like "good luck with the sale" or "nice gun" are also not appreciated.

17 minutes ago, Sboardley said:

Dude. I got thick skin.  I’m a Stonemason! Just don’t like injustice bud. 

My brother Was a stone Mason.built some beautiful fire places.

He tried to instill it in me but to no avail. Handy with a hawk and trowel though lol. 

Regards 

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, Sboardley said:

Conveniently deleted perhaps. Ed knows what I’m talking about. Was in the question section. 

i can't say i'm sold on the idea of the moderation team acting as part of a conspiracy, they tend to be pretty impartial here.

18 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

They’re a pretty discriminatory lot. My AK identifies as an M4 and someone on this thread threatened to burn me as a witch.

Might need thicker skin for this place

you're conveniently forgetting to mention the bit where me and @Skara offered you a fair trial.

i mean as fair as any other witch trial :P

6 minutes ago, Sboardley said:

Yeah looks like that’s what has happened here. 
silence.....

was having a nice relaxing bath, and whilst my z5 might have been waterproof out of the box i ain't so confident it's waterproof now.....

2 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i can't say i'm sold on the idea of the moderation team acting as part of a conspiracy, they tend to be pretty impartial here.

you're conveniently forgetting to mention the bit where me and @Skara offered you a fair trial.

i mean as fair as any other witch trial :P

was having a nice relaxing bath, and whilst my z5 might have been waterproof out of the box i ain't so confident it's waterproof now.....

I’m not saying anything about a conspiracy mate. Why would a random person ie myself decide to make up nonsense for the sake of it.  Ed knows what he said and conspicuous in his silence.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Sboardley said:

I’m not saying anything about a conspiracy mate. Why would a random person ie myself decide to make up nonsense for the sake of it.  Ed knows what he said and conspicuous in his silence.

fair enough, i thought when you used the term "conveniently deleted" you were inferring a cover up or something.

btw who do you mean when you say Ed? if you're meaning avenger then i don't know his IRL name.

Well he called me toxic less than an hour ago 

1 hour ago, EDcase said:

In fact the only person who has been toxic is Sboardley.

You're quite new here so you will learn...

...or go back to Facebook 🤣

He had the opportunity to deny it shortly afterward. 

See's Macks is 'hot'. "Is this it, has something happened that may cure my boredom momentarily?"

See's someone grumbling about Macks, while the thing they're grumbling wasn't actually on Macks. Thus causing a bit of ruckus on Macks, while still referencing the thing that wasn't on Macks.

Booooooo, I'll put the popcorn back in the cupboard.

Anyway, I imagine it'll be entirely ignored but I might suggest it'd be easier the sell the RIF itself with 1 or 2 mags at a cheaper rate and sell the rest of the mags separately. Ultimately depends on how much of a 'rush' there is on completing the sale, but had it been a RIF I was interested in I'd probably look at 8 500 round hicaps as a tad excessive to the point I'm paying for things I don't really have a use for. Food for thought 🤷‍♂️.

But a lot of us have bought Systemas....now that’s an over priced ¥#%€. But we’ve coughed up the dough!

those were the days. 
.....and on the seventh day, God created the gbbr....

.....and he saw that it was good!

1. The fact that Edcase hasn’t denied that he called out an innocent third party for lying about not selling his fal, thus it not being the £190 rif ‘inflated’ to £x sold by avenger is the point. Not avenger. 

2. no one got to buy something they think is too expensive. 
3. I’m past caring bruv. 

Let's all just get along and take anything on here with a grain of salt, for mild amusement at best. One of the reasons I like airsoft is escapism from politics and stuff that actually matters and I've seen far to much of both on here recently.