Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

20 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Snip 

Maybe he wants to pay for English lessons. I've seen scam e mails with better spelling and punctuation than that 

4 hours ago, Skara said:

Don't get me started on arp mags lol.

They are the reason why I sold mine and went with the KA pdw :D

If you want something cheap and fun, you can do a lot worse than an ARP9 and drum mag!

14 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

If you want something cheap and fun, you can do a lot worse than an ARP9 and drum mag!

Aap and drum mag, for example :D

Might just be worded poorly which results in being misleading, but there is no way that is genuine Surefire suppressor (largely because real ones cost north of $1000) if that is legitimately what is being claimed here. Decent quality repro’s tend to be pricey for sure (ones with trades tend to run around the £80 mark, varying based on which one they're a replica of), and quite hard to track down with trades but buyer beware.

13 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Oh i LOVE mine. I wasnt expecting it, after the first (extremely loud) shot I said I didnt like it, after running around for 20 mins with it in game I was shocked. The range was great, response perfect and I got loads of comments about it too. I was VERY impressed.

I can see myself using it in games a LOT, not bad considering I basically bought it as a cheap back up gun

cUgtxbS.jpg

'nother one from Telegram.

"M4 Specna Arms full metal perfect conditions (without internals) €150 including iron sights, suppressor and stock"

Too bad the gun brand new, including them internals, retails for the same exact price :D

30 minutes ago, EDcase said:

The advert says these are rare as a rocking horse. Just for the record I have a rocking horse. Well two as a matter of fact. Don’t judge me 😂

1 hour ago, EDcase said:

How so?

Comes with mags and other bits, clearly says retail is £409 in his Ad, hes not that far off the 70% which is commonly agreed is the general value for good quality second hand bits.

Obviously had a look around for current prices too, and missed socom.

• Supporters
46 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

The advert says these are rare as a rocking horse. Just for the record I have a rocking horse. Well two as a matter of fact. Don’t judge me 😂

I have a rocking sheep does that count ? 😁

30 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Also Socom have literally just had their JG restock.

38 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

How so?

Comes with mags and other bits, clearly says retail is £409 in his Ad, hes not that far off the 70% which is commonly agreed is the general value for good quality second hand bits.

I just pointed out that 2 sites were selling for less that his quoted retail

• Supporters

Also, didn't somebody comment (now removed ?) that avenger63 had literally just bought most of the package from another seller, for £190, probably less ?.

While there's no rules against making a profit, clearly avenger63 is a "trader", without any of the guarantees or CS associated with a retailer.

images (1).jpeg

• Supporters
48 minutes ago, Sboardley said:

This thread is nothing but toxic bullying. If someone overprices an item, and it doesn’t sell, it’s down to them. Not the ‘price police’ to shame people. 

This thread is certainly an unusual setup, but its purpose is to highlight to prospective buyers what acceptable pricing for secondhand gear should be so they dont unwittingly get ripped off.

It also shows sellers the issues that might lead to them not getting much demand for the items they're selling be it price, poor description, bad images etc. Sometimes folk just dont realise how an ad appears to a prospective buyer.

It works both ways though, if someone drops an ad in here that's actually fair then that point will be raised too. For example the debate about avenger's fal has multiple perspectives going on.

Of course it is steeped in banter, but nothing worse than you're going to encounter at your local site. But if someone is willing to take on criticism then it's a helpful environment, if they arent then it's open season for a bit of entertainment.

1 hour ago, Sboardley said:

This thread is nothing but toxic bullying. If someone overprices an item, and it doesn’t sell, it’s down to them. Not the ‘price police’ to shame people. 

This particular thread is ran by the Ukara Police, they recently opened a price checking department

If this thread helps people make an informed decision about a purchase or as others have send help sellers with advice what's the harm. If you put something on here for too much money and people have banter with you then deal with it. Either you don't sell it or you have to rethink the ad. To be fair the majority of listings are fair so never make it to this thread.

1 hour ago, Skara said:

This particular thread is ran by the Ukara Police, they recently opened a price checking department

Oh oh I’ve got a vest which says  POLICE. Plus a very big truncheon.  Now whose not been complying with the rules eh? Dib dib lubbly jubbly.. 

2 hours ago, Sboardley said:

On a serious note (yes we can be) this thread aims to bring a level of acceptable checking to keep our community safe. We do not bully nor are we keyboard warriors. This thread is here to help people make an informed decision.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Skara said:

yeah, we've had to add a customs branch since brexit.

54 minutes ago, GenuineGerman said:

To be fair the majority of listings are fair so never make it to this thread.

and if they do (outside of people just posting for a laugh) it tends to get pounced on pretty quick, eg:

Yesterday a certain person harangued a guy selling a Fal. He accused the seller of buying  it cheap from another guy on this forum, and reselling it at an inflated price. The 3rd party was named as the original seller, and when replied to the accuser, saying it in fact was not the same rif, the accuser just about called him out as not telling the truth. 
So, essentially, because the truth didn’t suit the duty officer, he saw it fit to slight two people. What right does he have to do this and go unchallenged apart from being a member of the price police clique?