Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

1 hour ago, Raven1 said:

@AlphaBear

Just to pull you up on a few points..

"It's a 2020 model with upgrades."

that's not what it says, it is 2020 spec with upgrades, so some of the cost of parts are to bring it upto the latest 2020 spec.

"would cost £350 plus?"

where did the plus come from ? Lol

"I most curious...."

Not enough to message and ask though..

Again yes. As certain places only allow a short write up and 1 or 2 pictures 

Not really John and after my dealings with you I would consider myself quite a decent buyer and seller.

If I was interested in the item I would have messaged you simple as that...!

Your original ad was worded in such a way it was very open to interpretation.  The whole reason Macks exists is to help our members/community in their decision making when buying second hand RIFS... the fact you have now changed your advert is good. The thread has served it's purpose... End of Story!

Here’s another one to start the new year off. Just found this on eBay. 

£169.99 for 2 empty boxes and a holster 😢

Bear in mind For around £169.99 you could buy a brand new RIF/Pistol (Umarex G19X for example which I own) with its original box and maybe a Nuprol case or similar.

Such an unrealistic listing price which I thought was worth showing. Hopefully no one is stupid or uneducated enough to pay that amount. 

82C2F345-B309-4D5E-9CF3-FEFE886D3789.png

https://prefired.co.uk/ads/a-realistic-replica-of-an-assault-rifle/

Oooh, £500 for this super realistic replica assault rifle which retails for around £225 brand new. Where do I sign up? 

The write up in his advert has been cut and pasted straight from the blurb on Fire Supports website, so it’s not like he can say he doesn’t know the price.

30 minutes ago, glockkidd said:

Here’s another one to start the new year off. Just found this on eBay. 

£169.99 for 2 empty boxes and a holster 😢

Bear in mind For around £169.99 you could buy a brand new RIF/Pistol (Umarex G19X for example which I own) with its original box and maybe a Nuprol case or similar.

Such an unrealistic listing price which I thought was worth showing. Hopefully no one is stupid or uneducated enough to pay that amount. 

82C2F345-B309-4D5E-9CF3-FEFE886D3789.png

I've messaged seller asking for pics of gun. I believe that he has blatantly tried to mislead.

17 minutes ago, Super64 said:

I didn’t realise empty boxes were worth so much. I should empty out my garage and raise a fortune.

He has sent me 6 pics of a tan glock but to be honest it could be any pic.

I only asked if he could send pics of glock which he has done. I should have been more specific.

I noticed that box is for air pistol 4.5mm

11 minutes ago, Shamal said:

He has sent me 6 pics of a tan glock but to be honest it could be any pic.

I only asked if he could send pics of glock which he has done. I should have been more specific.

I noticed that box is for air pistol 4.5mm

Yeah, either they're trying to get around ebays no RIF policy but intend to send the gun or they're trying to trick people in to buying an empty box. Either way you wouldn't be protected by ebay, should the seller not include the RIF.

If you do a search on ebay for 'used airsoft' you'll be surprised how much airsoft gear comes up which doesn't have airsoft in the title. There seems to be a lot of paintball titled stuff masquerading as airsoft  .... but I guess it's one way of getting around ebay's rules.... One seller actually had he's advert for his Magpul sling removed as there was a RIF in the background.....

Onto other news..... BREXIT has had an impact already on eBay.... the 20% VAT is now eligible on items coming in from Europe.... see the advert below..... funny thing is there are other adverts from Europe which don't have this +20% VAT will apply... go figure!!!

2021-01-01_13-21-43.jpg

As new but also 2 years old and needs a new hop rubber

No scratches or dents, yet the slide at the muzzle end has clearly got some wear and tear

Screenshot_20210102-134759.png

1 hour ago, Neptune said:

That's okay, I'll pay for it using my mystery wallet! Will it contain £500 in cash, or just a 4 year old condom, it's a mystery!

Seller is obviously a fcuking tool 😂

For the beginning of 2021 we have a winner.... You all know I'm a TM fan boy and have a soft spot for all things recoil but this is taking the Mickey to be polite.... Drum roll........ I'm trying t figure out why it was originally worth £1900 but of course a bargain at £900.. It's the ASG pistol that really adds value right? Oh and his put his address in the advert too... Crikey!

Oh my bad... it's got £1200 worth of accessories too (which are not pictured).... of course it's a bargain! silly me for not spotting that.. 😂

Marui 416 Delta Recoil Black main with ASG CZ P-09 and complet gear (1900pounds)

£900.00

https://prefired.co.uk/ads/marui-416-delta-recoil-black-main-with-asg-cz-p-09-and-complet-gear-1900pounds/

What am I missing here (from the Comrades discord). I don’t know a lot about AEG’s, but it seems somewhat pricey to me 🤷🏼‍♂️

7088B29F-C1AB-4EBE-A9FE-8B78E429DCE1.png

8 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

What am I missing here (from the Comrades discord). I don’t know a lot about AEG’s, but it seems somewhat pricey to me 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yup, especially when the drum mag is sold at an extra -.-

Would say €400/450 tops for that thing (drum included)

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

Just saw this and shook my head. 

I picked up an ARP9 for £110, I cannot see how that list of parts are worth more than £500

I know retail is around the 180-200 mark normally and there are variants, but still

Oh and I messaged matey on ebay selling the empty box, and the gun is included, hes just trying to bypass ebays rules the knob.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Skara said:

Yup, especially when the drum mag is sold at an extra -.-

Would say €400/450 tops for that thing (drum included)

I wouldnt buy it at all, that looks like a stripped piston waiting to happen

2 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I see the gearbox front part of the shell cracking like crazy with that alu cylinder head, esp on a crappy G&G box :D

45 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Regardless of a pucker piston it’s not a TM recoil... I wouldn’t buy one either 😂

Also the price is just silly it just sounds way off. Surplus store do them for £399 when they are in stock

https://www.surplusstore.co.uk/g-g-arp9-upgraded-dsg.html

3941ADAB-706B-4A28-8AB0-D5C71B51890E.png

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Skara said:

I see the gearbox front part of the shell cracking like crazy with that alu cylinder head, esp on a crappy G&G box :D

Currently trying to remember what we managed to get out of me mates hpa'd one but 40 rps isnt far off where the mags start having issues keeping up iirc.

7 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Currently trying to remember what we managed to get out of me mates hpa'd one but 40 rps isnt far off where the mags start having issues keeping up iirc.

Don't get me started on arp mags lol.

They are the reason why I sold mine and went with the KA pdw :D

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Skara said:

Don't get me started on arp mags lol.

They are the reason why I sold mine and went with the KA pdw :D

For a reasonable build theyre not that bad, i mean even a mighty cyma ak midcap will struggle beyond 50rps

Come to think of it i have built some true wanker guns in my time :P