Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

I don't know if this actually good value i don't up grade guns but why would you put this much money into a £110 gun that is one of the best out the box performing guns on the market?

• Supporters
35 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

£100 over retail (retail in this case being the first shop in a google search claiming the same model in stock)

Ahh yes but it does come with a ‘Swiss arms’ gun bag 😱, so quite frankly he could have asked for a lot more ?😳

https://prefired.co.uk/ads/raven-meu-railed-series-1911-gas-blowback-pistol/

Another good one here. Pistol looks to have had next to no use, but he's asking the full new price for a railed Raven 1911 plus the extra mag.

The kicker is the £20 postage. This makes it actually 10 quid more expensive than ordering this gun, extra mag and paying postage from even ripoffbas... Er, sorry, Patrolbase brand new.   

What the actual fuck? 🤷‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

This is an odd one, a complete web site, reborn or a con?

https://www.usedairsoft.co.uk

There appears to be one or two new adds, and LOTS of very old adds, most without pics

That website has had a makeover it seems. I stumbled upon it in December last year but thought how odd it had the same adverts over and over or perhaps people kept bumping them up. Or whatever.... Suffice to say I’ve not bought anything off anyone on there...

Just now, AlphaBear said:

That website has had a makeover it seems. I stumbled upon it in December last year but thought how odd it had the same adverts over and over or perhaps people kept bumping them up. Or whatever.... Suffice to say I’ve not bought anything off anyone on there...

Yup, was a legit site last year, disappeared for a few months. Maybe it’s back, maybe it’s a scam site now, who knows 🤷🏼‍♂️

5 hours ago, Raven1 said:

Um.....o....k....check out the individual ads too...wow..

https://prefired.co.uk/ads/three-rifles-and-pistol/

Wow, I mean, wow. Time, I think for a compilation of 'Mack's biggest dreamers of 2020'. Well that is my evening sorted for tonight.

4 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

This is an odd one, a complete web site, reborn or a con?

https://www.usedairsoft.co.uk

There appears to be one or two new adds, and LOTS of very old adds, most without pics

This does look so much better than it used to, the old ads are clearly left over from last time. The people running this needed to just delete all old ads and put in some rules similar to here or prefired. 

• Supporters

And another hopeful one ,

asking just £14 Less than the price of brand new for 2nd hand ? 😳

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

And another hopeful one ,

asking just £14 Less than the price of brand new for 2nd hand ? 😳

does come with 3 mags, and looks to be in pretty nice condition maybe mitigating factors?

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

does come with 3 mags, and looks to be in pretty nice condition maybe mitigating factors?

Only 2 extra if you don’t including the one that actually comes with the gun ? 
had quick look around and i could buy new for only £14.38 more than the asking price , hence think sellers being a ‘bit’ hopeful with there asking price ? 

I've been thinking of picking up an EVO Scorpion as of late especially after Patrolbase did them for £239 over the Black Friday weekend (although I believe they were the 2018 ones).... Anyway, that beside the point, this advert popped up on here and Z1. It's a 2020 model with upgrades. I mean what possible upgrades could have been done to a Scorpion which would cost £350 plus? I know with a TM you can gut it completely and prommy it to death or do whatever you want to one (I have the T-Shirt) but with a EVO? I most curious.... 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Only 2 extra if you don’t including the one that actually comes with the gun ? 
had quick look around and i could buy new for only £14.38 more than the asking price , hence think sellers being a ‘bit’ hopeful with there asking price ? 

That is a fair point, maybe put this down as a lower mid range dream?

1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

I've been thinking of picking up an EVO Scorpion as of late especially after Patrolbase did them for £239 over the Black Friday weekend (although I believe they were the 2018 ones).... Anyway, that beside the point, this advert popped up on here and Z1. It's a 2020 model with upgrades. I mean what possible upgrades could have been done to a Scorpion which would cost £350 plus? I know with a TM you can gut it completely and prommy it to death or do whatever you want to one (I have the T-Shirt) but with a EVO? I most curious.... 

So he wants folk to contemplate skipping the known high performing quantity that is a standard evo for one with upgrades that may or may not have actually improved the gun without listing what said upgrades are?

Lol he is me and all people have to do is ask and they can see a complete list with receipts..not that hard to do

2 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Maybe you should just do the obvious thing and ask whats done like it says in the advert..lol

Its posted in 7 different places and each place has different rules on how many pics and how much info you can post so to speed things up its just easier to ask anyone that is seriously interested to message and get the full details.

Edited by Raven1
Spelling

• Supporters

Its easier to write the details out and send them to every interested person who messages you than to write them out once in the ad?

Cant say i'm seeing the logic.

As for listing in different places, well if you cant be bothered tailoring the ad to a particular site that isnt going instill confidence in a prospective buyer that you didnt take the same apathy towards fitting the upgrades.

27 minutes ago, Raven1 said:

Lol he is me and all people have to do is ask and they can see a complete list with receipts..not that hard to do

Maybe you should just do the obvious thing and ask whats done like it says in the advert..lol

Its posted in 7 different places and each place has different rules on how many pics and how much info you can post so to speed things up its just easier to ask anyone that is seriously interested to message and get the full details.

A nerve you have touched 😂

Here’s a thought, just make a list in the ad if you don’t like being questioned 😱

@AlphaBear

Just to pull you up on a few points..

"It's a 2020 model with upgrades."

that's not what it says, it is 2020 spec with upgrades, so some of the cost of parts are to bring it upto the latest 2020 spec.

"would cost £350 plus?"

where did the plus come from ? Lol

"I most curious...."

Not enough to message and ask though..

3 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Its easier to write the details out and send them to every interested person who messages you than to write them out once in the ad?

Cant say i'm seeing the logic.

As for listing in different places, well if you cant be bothered tailoring the ad to a particular site that isnt going instill confidence in a prospective buyer that you didnt take the same apathy towards fitting the upgrades.

Again yes. As certain places only allow a short write up and 1 or 2 pictures 

3 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

A nerve you have touched 😂

Here’s a thought, just make a list in the ad if you don’t like being questioned 😱

Not really John and after my dealings with you I would consider myself quite a decent buyer and seller.

10 minutes ago, Raven1 said:

@AlphaBear

Just to pull you up on a few points..

"It's a 2020 model with upgrades."

that's not what it says, it is 2020 spec with upgrades, so some of the cost of parts are to bring it upto the latest 2020 spec.

"would cost £350 plus?"

where did the plus come from ? Lol

"I most curious...."

Not enough to message and ask though..

Not really John and after my dealings with you I would consider myself quite a decent buyer and seller.

Nobody said you weren’t, see my WhatsApp 👍🏻

7 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Nobody said you weren’t, see my WhatsApp 👍🏻

I will refrain from any more defence then. If someone is serious about knowing whats gone into it then they are free to message and ask.

Edit. Updated as best I can.

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, Raven1 said:

thing is it's the buyers perspective. it's what people see when they look at that ad.

for example i'll walk you through my thought process as i look at that ad:

it's an evo, a gun that is known to be a pretty high standard out of the box and in a lot of cases people who attempt to "upgrade" the base tend to end up making it a lot worse.

so the first question is what bits are in it? are they better than standard? well i don't know because it doesnt say in the ad.

the next question is have the parts been assembled correctly? well that comes down to the skill of the tech, as there's no big name drop of a professional tech (eg if you'd paid someone like negative airsoft or the like to do the work) then the assumption is that you've done the work yourself.

so how can i assess your personal competence as a tech? well i haven't got much to go on as i don't know you personally or your reputation. so the only thing i can really go on is the ad itself.

of course as i mentioned, if the effort hasn't been put into the ad then it begs the question has the effort been put into the gun? and with a lack of information it's just human nature to assume the worst.

this isn't meant to be insulting btw, this is meant to be constructive criticism, to point out where people who might otherwise be very interested in buying might change their minds and decide that maybe grabbing a brand new gun that comes with a warranty and they know will perform to a given standard is the safer option.

2 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

thing is it's the buyers perspective. it's what people see when they look at that ad.

for example i'll walk you through my thought process as i look at that ad:

it's an evo, a gun that is known to be a pretty high standard out of the box and in a lot of cases people who attempt to "upgrade" the base tend to end up making it a lot worse.

so the first question is what bits are in it? are they better than standard? well i don't know because it doesnt say in the ad.

the next question is have the parts been assembled correctly? well that comes down to the skill of the tech, as there's no big name drop of a professional tech (eg if you'd paid someone like negative airsoft or the like to do the work) then the assumption is that you've done the work yourself.

so how can i assess your personal competence as a tech? well i haven't got much to go on as i don't know you personally or your reputation. so the only thing i can really go on is the ad itself.

of course as i mentioned, if the effort hasn't been put into the ad then it begs the question has the effort been put into the gun? and with a lack of information it's just human nature to assume the worst.

this isn't meant to be insulting btw, this is meant to be constructive criticism, to point out where people who might otherwise be very interested in buying might change their minds and decide that maybe grabbing a brand new gun that comes with a warranty and they know will perform to a given standard is the safer option.

Well hopefully the necessary information is now there for all to see.