Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

I7d4WbB.png

'nother one from Telegram.

"SELLING! ARP-9 €120 posted! There are no internals apart from the hop chamber and barrel. As you can tell from the picture, the gun is NEW!"

HTAYbYa.png

'tis one "Selling CM16 G&G + metal bipod, grip, sling, suppressor, 11.1 battery, charger and hard case...the gun is new, bought in september, used for plinking, not a single game, not a single scratch...€250 posted"

Cause it makes no sense to buy TWO new CM16s when you can buy ONE 2nd hand for the same price :D

Holy shit, these 2 alone made my day :D

12 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

wow, just wow.

eNXkdxd.png

"Sniper R96 Well camouflaged, used three times, 2 magazines + hop adjustment key (which I suspect is just a simple allen key) and 3-9 scope, bipod. PM for info, €200 + postage"

(nobody told him that the whole package is like 150 new and comes with a warranty)

Yes.

Wow.

17 minutes ago, Skara said:

eNXkdxd.png

"Sniper R96 Well camouflaged, used three times, 2 magazines + hop adjustment key (which I suspect is just a simple allen key) and 3-9 scope, bipod. PM for info, €200 + postage"

(nobody told him that the whole package is like 150 new and comes with a warranty)

Yes.

Wow.

I think this might be my favourite of the bunch, purely because it comes across as genuine disappointment that a ‘hop adjustment key’ is in fact just an allen key. No idea why I find it adorable, but I do.

16 minutes ago, Clanktank said:

I'll give you 20pounds and not a penny more lol.

🤭

Regards 

32 minutes ago, Clanktank said:

Some might argue this is inspired thinking given how much value seems to be placed on original packaging when it comes to second hand sales. Cut out the frustration of trying to sell the actual RIF, just sell the thing that's clearly so desired.

Actually there is some method to this madness... I know if I buy a used RIF I'd always prefer having the original box too... it just makes the whole transaction better... now a tatty box may even be a deal breaker for some people...

Also, in the world of collectibles especially things like Hot Toys having an original box is all part of the whole experience and actually adds to the value of the item..... Then there is a whole conversation about brown shipper boxes.... I'm not even gonna open that can of worms!!!!

2 hours ago, Clanktank said:

I once bought a original box for £12 as I wanted to store my gun so bought the box on eBay as only one I could find. So I can have my gun case available. 😋

21 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

£920 here, or $420 from ehobbyasia , so not discontinued at all 😂

https://shop.ehobbyasia.com/umarex-hk417-gbbr-by-kwa-1.html

AND its a KWA GBBR so it will automatically be shit .  Only their MP9 are worth it

• Supporters
On 27/11/2020 at 19:57, AlphaBear said:

Actually there is some method to this madness... I know if I buy a used RIF I'd always prefer having the original box too... it just makes the whole transaction better... now a tatty box may even be a deal breaker for some people...

Also, in the world of collectibles especially things like Hot Toys having an original box is all part of the whole experience and actually adds to the value of the item..... Then there is a whole conversation about brown shipper boxes.... I'm not even gonna open that can of worms!!!!

Plus to be fair if someone is selling an AEG and it’s in its original box then that says to me there more likely to have looked after it and NOT abused the shit out of it as if it’s a ‘real’ gun ? 

9 hours ago, BigStew said:

https://prefired.co.uk/ads/tm-mp7-gbb/ currently on offer at Gunfire for £250 most UK retailers about £300. 

It's not uncommon for sellers to think "it's still brand new", so loses no or very little value. Of course they're wrong lol but there ya' go...

2 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

It's not uncommon for sellers to think "it's still brand new", so loses no or very little value. Of course they're wrong lol but there ya' go...

2 contradictions here - 'Brand new out of the box' and 'never used - amazing kick' someone point this out to this clown

Just now, EvilMonkee said:

2 contradictions here - 'Brand new out of the box' and 'never used - amazing kick' someone point this out to this clown

Edit - not Cr0 Magnon - the seller 😜

An awful lot of builds that I can only imagine were intended to be 'forever RIFs' with all the bells and whistles going up at the moment. I think we've all been there where you pour a lot of either/and/or time, effort, funds into a RIF that you want to be an absolute dream peace... but ultimately just becomes too hard to justify having that expense tied up while getting out to play is so limited. Makes me genuinely a bit sad, same old story I guess. If you're going to pump a large amount of funds into a single RIF, you do you, but do so in the knowledge you're getting nowhere near that back should you want/need to part with it.

I'm not versed well enough with AEGs to have any idea as to what could justify the price, but given it's also a pretty niche piece I suspect you'd be lucky to see somewhere around the £600 region.

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Not sure, but it's only £50 less than new and all the work done is cosmetic. 

https://www.davescustomairsoft.co.uk/AirsoftWeapons/Customs /DCA-SA80A3

maybe it's just me but if i'm dropping that kind of cash on a gat i'd like a little more under the hood than stock g&g.....

2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

maybe it's just me but if i'm dropping that kind of cash on a gat i'd like a little more under the hood than stock g&g.....

Same here. I understand that businesses need to make a profit but that takes the piss

2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Plenty of people out there who don't give a damn about performance and only want the looks.

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Skara said:

Plenty of people out there who don't give a damn about performance and only want the looks.

fair point, it's not a desire i share.

don't get me wrong i appreciate a nice gat but i also have a minimum standard of performance because my guns are for playing with.

• Supporters

Plus if you source the parts and build it your self it’s a couple of hundred cheaper !

People pay for the ‘magic’. The polished gearbox. The perfect air seal. The fact the gun will hit bang on 350fps.... 

But seriously, There will be many people who don’t have a clue about how to upgrade a gun or are afraid to do it in case they cock it up. I understand why the market is there. It’s simply coz there is a demand for it. We should never ridicule anyone whose gone down that route. 

I’m an example. I know my way around a next generation recoil gearbox with my eyes closed. But I can’t solder to save my life (fitting a Gate Titan and doing the soldering in this case). So I asked KoA to work on one well two of my guns as I wanted to see how a professional tech would do it. I’ve got the T-Shirt. Simple as that. Will I sell those guns? Hell no! I’ll never get my investment back. But I know they rock and that’s all that matters. 

And looks over performance. That’s an easy one. If I can hit a speed softer between the eyes it’s all rock n roll. 😂