Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

Look a prommy TBB is an improvement over the stock Marui barrel for performance and accuracy. Period. There is no denying that. It simply is the way of the world. You will get a free improvement on FPS and grouping accuracy. Now you may as well change the bucking at the same time so it makes sense sticking a purple bucking or one of your choice. Of course don’t forget the nub too. So it’s cost  £50 for the barrel, £10 for the rubber and £10 for the nub so £70..... oh wait £70 for a 10-15 FPS increase and better grouping? Maybe 5metre more range too. Oh bollocks that’s like 1/6 the price of the RIF

Where’s my sarcasm emoji???

• Supporters
1 hour ago, rj1986 said:

TM NGRS upgrade schedule:

Day 1: Deans connector

Day "Ordering some stuff and there's a sale on": TBB and bucking

Day "Something in the gearbox that should be one piece in now multiple": Replace stuff with prommy and add a fet.

You missed the bit where you add a stronger spring.

Also am i the only one who doesnt think the prommy purple is that good? I mean its not bad sure but some folk seem to think its the only hop rubber worth buying when frankly maple leaf isnt much more cash but is better.

9 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Also am i the only one who doesnt think the prommy purple is that good? I mean its not bad sure but some folk seem to think its the only hop rubber worth buying when frankly maple leaf isnt much more cash but is better.

You know what my answer will be regarding the purple prommy 😂 

Different people different rubbers. That’s the beauty of our hobby and of course tinkering. I used a Maple Leaf in my MWS and didn’t like it and went back to stock Marui. Go figure.... Yet on my recoils I run purples in them without fail and damn they work for me. Still can’t hit anyone but hey ho 😂

6 minutes ago, osteoshot said:

Tru hop is my favourite, haven’t used anything that beats it

Not heard of that one truth be told. 

14 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I think it's the best among the endless sea of standard rubbers.

It was my go to rubber before discovering MR-Hops and it's still my go to when ML rubbers cause issues (or when I only sling 0.25s like in my King Arms)

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Skara said:

I think it's the best among the endless sea of standard rubbers.

It was my go to rubber before discovering MR-Hops and it's still my go to when ML rubbers cause issues (or when I only sling 0.25s like in my King Arms)

if you don't classify the pdi w-hop as standard then yeah i can see that angle.

like i said it's not bad, it's just not as good as it's made out to be.

3 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

if you don't classify the pdi w-hop as standard then yeah i can see that angle.

like i said it's not bad, it's just not as good as it's made out to be.

Nop, the PDI W-thingy is not a standard rubber in my book.

I'd like to try it though... Next order I guess :D

Also, it's the Internet Man's law, just like AOE and many other shit people do.

Someone did it once, so now the whole Internet think it's the best thing ever.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Skara said:

Nop, the PDI W-thingy is not a standard rubber in my book.

I'd like to try it though... Next order I guess :D

i kind of view it as standard just because it's a drop-in replacement for a standard (no fancy nubs required like the ml stuff). but at this point we're haggling on terminology.

they're pretty decent, certainly i'd prefer them over the prommy for the up to .32 ish range although if your trying to lift heavier it'll struggle. basically i put them in guns that don't like ml stuff.

5 minutes ago, Skara said:

Also, it's the Internet Man's law, just like AOE and many other shit people do.

Someone did it once, so now the whole Internet think it's the best thing ever.

yeah, it's a case of folk recommending things they think they can trust. but often there can be a lot of parroting going on.

personally i try to only suggest things i've used myself and found to be good, if i'm suggesting something based on reputation alone i try to mention it.

aoe is the oddball though, it does have its place and there are valid reasons to check it but often folks set way more store in it than is really necessary and you get folk over-correcting or applying corrections to guns that don't need it because "you always have to correct the aoe"

• Supporters
On 17/11/2020 at 12:09, osteoshot said:

You sure about that?

There’s a steady flow of students from Japan at the uni in my home town and it has a very active Airsoft society so theres always a few playing at one of my local sites , just what I’d been told by them over the yrs so just took it as gospel seeing as they’d be the one to know ? 👍

• Supporters
On 17/11/2020 at 12:09, osteoshot said:

You sure about that?

As someone that deals with Mitsubishi Electric on a regular basis, no...no they don't.

• Supporters

I remember an article from waay back (probably in AI ?) where someone from the UK visited Japan, playing a few games & just generally getting the lowdown on all things Airsoft in Japan.

The upshot was that due to the strict power restrictions they do very little with them internally, BUT externally it's another matter, they dress up their gats with literally everything available, the flasher the better 😎 , & that they were big on loadouts, as accurate as possible with no expense spared.

• Supporters
On 18/11/2020 at 15:57, Tackle said:

I remember an article from waay back (probably in AI ?) where someone from the UK visited Japan, playing a few games & just generally getting the lowdown on all things Airsoft in Japan.

The upshot was that due to the strict power restrictions they do very little with them internally, BUT externally it's another matter, they dress up their gats with literally everything available, the flasher the better 😎 , & that they were big on loadouts, as accurate as possible with no expense spared.

Yea what he said , my error for not clarifying I ment internal upgrades , but  external ? They have more things bolted on than a pikey’s caravan ! 😳

31 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Just got an email from LandWarrior, Black Friday sale has started 😂😂😂

5384C9DB-FD81-4EFC-9926-410A0600E8BA.jpeg

Price has jumped up I got mine a year or so ago for£380.00

• Supporters
2 hours ago, BigStew said:

Price has jumped up I got mine a year or so ago for£380.00

Well yea , Mark it up ‘just’ before the sale starts THEN mark it back down in the sale but not quite as low as it was ! 😂😂😂

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Asomodai said:

These "Parts" look absolutely shagged. 

There’s ‘shagged out’ and then there’s ‘shagged out’ but to be fair they look waaaaaayyyyy beyond either level of shagged ! 

On 20/11/2020 at 17:10, MiK said:

isnt the point of "Black Friday" to get a deal not to pay through the nose ???? /shameful 

I thought that too but...

The point of black friday is so retailers can control what people buy for a week - nothing else.