Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

1 hour ago, L3wisD said:

image.png.a00617ba7972e7c859b1a2c19dc78a1c.png

image.png.b9008daadb2c0dc6a105ebaa62121046.png

image.png.10fd057d2962bdb42db523c800824428.png

image.png

Jesus wept.

More like a "I tried to paint the black version Green to match the one in the movies, but no one ever taught me how to water-down my paints as a child" Look.

The price is also bad.

I'm getting angrier by the minute here 😂

Look at the brush strokes on the thing!

image.png.f4a54690c89ccac24ab1a246bb91cbea.png

The battle must have been in a car wash I reckon. Look at those brush strokes. That’s art is that... innit

For those who are weeping... I suggest... Man size 😂

6BFAEC1F-1CBC-472A-8DDC-D3013CC67BDE.jpeg

• Supporters
16 hours ago, Shamal said:

Well you prob dont remember many moons ago,but in sunny bournemouth a lot of the public toilets for men were underground. I dont know why? 

And to answer your question...some very iffy places! Lol 😉

Regards 

You frequent the ‘triangle’ ? 🤫

2 hours ago, L3wisD said:

image.png.b9008daadb2c0dc6a105ebaa62121046.png

image.png

Look at the brush strokes on the thing!

image.png.f4a54690c89ccac24ab1a246bb91cbea.png

You calm it ‘battle worn’ I call it a REALLY piss poor paint job ! Discuss ? 🤔

31 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

I don’t understand false weathering/wear unless it’s done by someone who knows what they are doing. This has just devalued the rifle and means who ever buys it next has to put even more work into it. A crappy paint job doesn’t add value. 

55 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

You frequent the ‘triangle’ ? 🤫

Oh yes spent lots of nights in the triangle clubs. 🤮lol

Regards 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

The battle must have been in a car wash I reckon. Look at those brush strokes. That’s art is that... innit

For those who are weeping... I suggest... Man size 😂

6BFAEC1F-1CBC-472A-8DDC-D3013CC67BDE.jpeg

HEY none of that gender stereotyping here

No longer MAN SIZE - so they are now called EXTRA LARGE

to avoid offending extreme feminists, soy latte confused non binary types etc...

Kleenex Says Goodbye to Its 'Mansize' Tissues, Which Will Be Rebranded as  'Extra Large'

https://metro.co.uk/2018/10/18/mansize-tissues-scrapped-by-kleenex-because-theyre-sexist-8050464/

(fucks sake, can even say to these weirdo's MAN UP coz that will offend them too)

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Sitting Duck said:

HEY none of that gender stereotyping here

21AE1686-17B4-436E-A62B-525BDF54CF7E.jpeg

6 hours ago, Shamal said:

Oh yes spent lots of nights in the triangle clubs. 🤮lol

Regards 

Don’t knock it I worked in the royal Bournemouth and had some howling nights out with the girls from work in the triangle ! (one of the perks of being one of the few men in the operating theatre that wasn’t PC/in touch with his feminine side or just gay !dem nurses did love this ugly old rugby playing ex-squaddie on nights out when some nobber started getting a bit ‘frisky’ with my girls. 😉) but only the gay ‘light’ establishments , wasn’t quite ready for the full on ones ! 😳

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Sitting Duck said:

soy latte

it is a well known law of the universe that the longer the coffee shop order the bigger the douchebag.

for example:

"cuppa"

versus

"i'll have a mocha frappuchino with lactose free cream a shot of pistachio topped with fairtrade cocoa powder and does that come in a cruelty free recyclable cup?"

3 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

What’s with the recent influx of adverts. It’s £30. Oh wait postage is a fiver and PayPal fees apply unless paying by friends and family so the actual price is £42 in reality. 

I’ve been thinking about this. Who should cover the PayPal fees? Should the seller should as they want to get money for an item. Or the buyer as they want it. I totally agree all of a sudden item is 10% more expensive with shipping and Fees. Who should pick up the cost. 

I tend to see PayPal fees as somewhat of a 50/50 split given the outcome of them being paid protects both parties.  Though generally the perception is that it’s protection for the buyer. With that being said I list everything with an ‘all in’ price because I just feel it saves everyone the headache.

Though as mentioned on multiple occasions I do feel at times that the actual cost of PayPal fees is dramatically inflated to aid in the justification of what could be seen as a ‘high price’.

• Supporters

Thought paypal "fees" were about 3.5% to 4%

or was when I bought/sold a bit

as said if you have the funds in your paypal account there is no fee to pay to send money etc...

but if you are buying something on paypal on the plastic linked to account with no balance

then yeah fees come into play...

I usually offered to front the full 3.5% fee if buying - especially if I really wanted item at good price

(fuck me - buy shit from GunFire, those bastids charge you for paypal, where TWG don't)

obviously if money is tight, seller won't accept any "reasonable" offer (not insulting take the piss offer)

then yeah bollox maybe keep the fucking gun, if we can't mediate a little

And then there is people on both sides who think they can charge £20 for a 1st class stamp

or feel a bulky item only costs a few quid fully insured to ship

(it isn't always about the weight - but also size of parcel)

postage could be between £10~£15 on AEG's depending on service/insurance/shipping options etc...

All that being said - I fucking hate haggling with the "lookey lookey men" on holiday etc...

I have a price in mind say €10 & when he says best price €20, when I know it is €5 on AliExpress

I'm off down the road already - fuck off we are poles apart m8 & I ain't wasting my time haggling crap

so no I can negotiate a little but fuck hard bargaining & haggling shit all day long...

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

it is a well known law of the universe that the longer the coffee shop order the bigger the douchebag.

for example:

"cuppa"

versus

"i'll have a mocha frappuchino with lactose free cream a shot of pistachio topped with fairtrade cocoa powder and does that come in a cruelty free recyclable cup?"

gender bollox - Monty Python was way ahead predicting all this in Life of Brian

I wonder if they thought the funny weird shit back then 1979 (41 years ago)

could one day risk becoming the new norm today - wtf ???

• Supporters
4 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

What’s with the recent influx of adverts. It’s £30. Oh wait postage is a fiver and PayPal fees apply unless paying by friends and family so the actual price is £42 in reality. 

Yup totally agree , I always go for an all in price(been in the game long enough to know how much things cost to post and what not) the moment I see price is ex postage and PayPal fees I just turn around and walk away , absolutely does my swede in ! 
Also when buying if the seller is good enough to do an all in price then I’ll frequently tag an extra 3-4% on as a thank you for doing it . 

• Supporters

I always do an all in price because 8 cant be fucked doing the mathematics to figure out what to charge exactly to cover postage and fees and stuff.

If your selling secondhand airsoft gear you're gonna be tanking a horrendous loss anyway and after you've lost 40% of retail (more if the current retail is less than what you paid) then is it really worth the hassle for a few quid?

• Supporters
1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

I think I need to get glasses....! I can't make out the number after the £ sign...

I can make them out, I just can't count that high 🤣

But yeah I thought that, my first gat was one of these, literally a fraction of this for a better package, without the "upgrades", which are generally unnecessary, it's TM FFS.

Clearly another case of "pay all my costs, & more, as I now want something costing a lot more" 😏

8 minutes ago, Tackle said:

I can make them out, I just can't count that high 🤣

But yeah I thought that, my first gat was one of these, literally a fraction of this for a better package, without the "upgrades", which are generally unnecessary, it's TM FFS.

Clearly another case of "pay all my costs, & more, as I now want something costing a lot more" 😏

I’d better go to Specsavers and you’d better take Maths classes 😂

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

I’d better go to Specsavers and you’d better take Maths classes 😂

I think we'd better, as for the seller.........

unnamed.jpg

27 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

I’m loving all the recent adverts that end “FuLlY uPgRaDeD”

Im going to start listing all my stuff as fully upgraded - Spare chest rig, FULLY UPGRADED. Makarov holster, FULLY UPGRADED.

Easy money

Viper multicam boots.fully loaded.extra long laces,soles recut for extra grip.slick zips added for speed.

🤭

Regards 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Alimcd said:

Yep, a meaningless phrase as even if you replaced every part with an aftermarket alternative its still no guarantee it'll be any good.....

Plus most of them you look in the ad and apparently "fully upgraded" is an ebay "tightbore" barrel and a new handguard.....

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Alimcd said:

Especially when it’s on a TM advert , as the mongtard selling it has more than likely bolloxed it so that even if it’s working ok now you know sometime in the near future there is an implosion just waiting for you ! There’s a reason TM are still regarded as the benchmark for reliability without needing basically to do ANYTHING to your gun . There built for the Japanese market and the Japanese don’t really give a flying fornication about what the rest of the world wants , the Japanese just don’t go in for all the ‘upgrading’ bullshitery , they just want out of the box total reliability end of and that’s how TM design there guns so once you do start pissing about with them you just knock the thing out of sink and what started as a ‘simple’ spring replacement to up the FPS (because we all know only FPS matters !🤦‍♂️) suddenly becomes near a total gear box ‘upgrade’. 😳

https://prefired.co.uk/ads/we-glock-g17-gen-5/

Your standard 'Only yeeted about in a field three times' WE Glock Gen 5. With the tenner postage added on, this owner expects to recoup the exact money required to perloin a brand new one from most fine airsoft establishments.

That and the backstrap has been swapped for the optional one in the package and mullered on there judging by how it sits. So good luck ever removing it and replacing the frame to fix the elongated pin hole.