Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Cromulon1994 said:

A mate of mine has a TM recoil in a box. In bits, complete. He can't be arsed to put it back together as, his words, "meh"

I don't see their appeal either.

Is it actually he can’t be arsed to put it back together or is it more like “I’ve taken it apart AND now I haven’t a fecking clue how to put it back together !” 🤔 seen it happen SO MANY times ! 

if I’m buying TM recoil 2nd hand the nano second I see ‘upgrade’ I turn and walk off in the opposite direction ! Don’t care who’s upgraded it , anything bar a deans connector fitted as far as I’m concerned the guns bollox’ed and will implode sometime in the future where as a stock one is just like the energizer bunny 🐰. 👍

Actually in all fairness a recoil is pretty easy to take apart and put back together. It’s not rocket science and there are so many videos on YT these days. All one needs is the right tools and a bit of patience and plenty of whiskey. 

Now going back to the actual topic... £900! Is it worth that’s? It’s all a matter of perspective. If the upgrades can be verified and you know which tech has done the work then there may be some merit is the asking price. If you don’t ask, you don’t get. But as I said, it’s quite easy to upgrade a recoil. But then again some people may just not want the faff of doing it themselves. 

Now, would I pay that for such an item which can’t be verified. Erm No! Nada! Nichts! No way hosey.... However there maybe someone who may....

Oh will it make you a better player? Erm.... somehow I doubt it.... but then again you may feel like the only seal team member on the field with your CAG 416 and that’s all that matters at the end of the day isn't it? .... enjoying oneself and taking part....

• Supporters
1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

Oh will it make you a better player? Erm.... somehow I doubt it.... but then again you may feel like the only seal team member on the field with your CAG 416 and that’s all that matters at the end of the day isn't it? .... enjoying oneself and taking part....

True, but so many of these fUlLy UpGrAdEd GnUs are sold as "never skirmished" or "put four rounds through it".

I even get the appeal of making - or paying someone to make - the best possible toy, without any real intention of using it for its ostensible purpose.  I guess it's like those chaps who trick out cars with every available Stage Eleventy-Nine performance part just so that they can park them up at a car meet with the bonnet open then wander off and ogle similar concours queens.

However, I can't help but feel sorry for such hardware.  Their Machine Spirits must be restless.

• Supporters

Oh for sure, the diminishing returns is strong in this hobby.

The biggest lesson i learnt from the m4 is perfection is nice but not worth the effort over "good enough" and that was after having incrementally got it there over the guts of a decade

I decided to upgrade two of my guns professionally and see what difference if any a professional tech could make. To be honest I could have done the same quality of job myself. Other than tuning and fixing a RHop and soldering wires. I hate soldering grrrr. Has it made me a better player. Nope. Does it make me smile each time I use them? Hell yes! Will I ever get a good return back on them if ever I sell them? Absolutely not! Oh will I ever use a tech again? Nope. Disclaimer... >>>Just Luke at Negative Airsoft cuz he ‘loves TM recoils and Titans’ and I just got to see the video when I ask him to make it the best pew pew like ever. 

7 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Oh for sure, the diminishing returns is strong in this hobby.

The biggest lesson i learnt from the m4 is perfection is nice but not worth the effort over "good enough" and that was after having incrementally got it there over the guts of a decade

Couldn’t have said it any better myself. 

8 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

True, but so many of these fUlLy UpGrAdEd GnUs are sold as "never skirmished" or "put four rounds through it".

This is what I can’t get my head around. If you’re buying something which has been gutted and replaced with upgraded parts and it’s been done by known named techs then why sell it. I mean what am I missing here. Agreed situations can change for whatever reason cuz we live in crazy times. But still...

11 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Is it actually he can’t be arsed to put it back together or is it more like “I’ve taken it apart AND now I haven’t a fecking clue how to put it back together !” 🤔 seen it happen SO MANY times ! 

if I’m buying TM recoil 2nd hand the nano second I see ‘upgrade’ I turn and walk off in the opposite direction ! Don’t care who’s upgraded it , anything bar a deans connector fitted as far as I’m concerned the guns bollox’ed and will implode sometime in the future where as a stock one is just like the energizer bunny 🐰. 👍

No, he's actually not one of those people, genuinely just doesn't interest him.

https://prefired.co.uk/ads/well-mb4405-custom-vsr10-airsoft-sniper-rifle/

Yours for just £30 thats right £30 over retail price from bbgunzfirless!

Add in the £60 for postage and a load of bb's from a brand I have never heard of and you have a real dreamer. 

So with a touch more google fu I managed to find this gun with bi-pod and scope for £165 (again bbg4l) so really this is a massive saving of £15 off retail....

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/well-mb4405-custom-vsr10-airsoft-sniper-rifle-in-green.html

1 hour ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

https://prefired.co.uk/ads/well-mb4405-custom-vsr10-airsoft-sniper-rifle/

Yours for just £30 thats right £30 over retail price from bbgunzfirless!

Add in the £60 for postage and a load of bb's from a brand I have never heard of and you have a real dreamer. 

So with a touch more google fu I managed to find this gun with bi-pod and scope for £165 (again bbg4l) so really this is a massive saving of £15 off retail....

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/well-mb4405-custom-vsr10-airsoft-sniper-rifle-in-green.html

£60 postage? Where the fuck is he posting it from, Antarctica? I honestly had to check the ad just to make sure you hadn't made a typo. 

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, BigStew said:

£600 for a third hand two tone A&K m249  https://www.airsoft-hub.com/item/955-ak-m249-mk2 

active brake mosfet on a support gun, for all the good that's gonna do.....

only thing i can see bumping the price up is the elcan, but it's not specified if it's real or not.

29 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

active brake mosfet on a support gun, for all the good that's gonna do.....

only thing i can see bumping the price up is the elcan, but it's not specified if it's real or not.

unlikely and the airsoft ones are like 80/90 new. so new M249 with rails £350 to £450. Scope Mosfet and mag sub £200 so maybe 650 brand new for everything 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Except you can knock 4% / £6.60 off that if you leave it in your basket for 24 hours so it's £158.40, delivered.  But his comes with 6,000 rounds of "Bad Ass"... aaaahahahah, 0.2g BBs.

image.png.d7db865ca1a0d91748508f96077c8329.png

I'd hope for the sake of my sanity that the postage cost has an extra digit in it.  I'm not sure I'd pay £60 for the whole thing delivered.

2 hours ago, Raven1 said:

https://www.airsoft-hub.com/item/4705-we-g-force-glock-18c

One of them new 18's without the selector? Lol and that price ??

Screenshot_20201026-082449_Chrome.jpg

But bro it's got a punisher logo on the back!!!1!!

• Supporters

someone’s being a bit hopeful ? 

Just a touch hopeful, but if I did have a spare grand to drop into the hobby it wouldnt be like this.

I dont understand how people can gather a collection like this in such a short time without 1. Playing a game 2. Really being able to afford it.

Maybe it is the budgetsoft nature of my hobby, but then I have played games....

I think it's a problem born by folks feeling they can't turn up looking like they're new to the hobby (there is certainly a weird stigma around rentals), and feel it's much better to show up 'all gear, no idea'. The cost can ramp up so quickly, especially if you start to go outside of the things you actually need. I think we're all aware that the return on our investments won't tend to be great, two tone only exaggerates that further. It's an easy to hobby to get carried away with and end up some real financial problems from if you're not careful, listings like that one are a pretty painful reminder.

If Mr Horus happens to read this, I suspect you'd be lucky to get half of what you paid for everything back... but your best bet of being able to clear the lot would be individual listings. At the very least separating out the RIF and the gear.

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

I think it's a problem born by folks feeling they can't turn up looking like they're new to the hobby (there is certainly a weird stigma around rentals), and feel it's much better to show up 'all gear, no idea'. 

Ironically the longer i've been playing the less complicated my loadouts have got.

You make a very good point about the stigma though.

1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Ironically the longer i've been playing the less complicated my loadouts have got.

I'm much the same, I've been through the 'trying to replicate actual military personel' thing carrying a whole heap of extra weight and had a great time while doing so... but as I've got older the less I'm carrying on me the better. Going back to basics, so to speak, while having enough playing experience to know what I do and don't want to be lugging around all day has definitely made me enjoy the game more. Not to say there is a right way to do it, but that's the right way for me.

9 hours ago, Druid799 said:

someone’s being a bit hopeful ? 

Deffo. Hoping that you're on only going to lose £250 and sell it as a job lot (especially when it was originally two tone and some stuff is broken/marked) is the very definition of this thread title. Sadly they'd be fortunate to get £500 as a package.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

I'm much the same, I've been through the 'trying to replicate actual military personel' thing carrying a whole heap of extra weight and had a great time while doing so... but as I've got older the less I'm carrying on me the better. Going back to basics, so to speak, while having enough playing experience to know what I do and don't want to be lugging around all day has definitely made me enjoy the game more. Not to say there is a right way to do it, but that's the right way for me.

Its a mix, i still tend to carry a fair amount (refusing to use hicaps ever will do that for you) but its things like not putting that flashlight on the gun unless you need it, not carrying things like bayonets, speedloaders and spare bags of ammo if you can last the round with the mags you have.

Even camo, sure i still wear it but the focus is more on comfort and freedom of movement than being a walking hedge.

Of course the downside is ending up with boxes full of bits and bobs that are perfectly fine but you dont use/dont fit your style and arent worth the hassle of selling :P

• Supporters

All the noob points are the reason I didn’t rip in to him feel sorry for him , I wish potential new players would do some decent research before diving in to what can be either a reasonably affordable hobby OR a money pit from hell of a hobby ! Just see it time and time again “first game coming up , what shall I buy ?” , Us ‘the been there done that’ mob “don’t buy anything just rent your first few games look at everyone’s kit then decided “ noob “but I must buy EVERYTHING To fit in !” Us “no you don’t , anyone gives you grief for being a noob with no kit tell them F-off as there’s plenty of others who’ll be more than welcoming “ 

several mths late this very advert pops up from said noob . Say’la’vie ! 👍

14 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Of course the downside is ending up with boxes full of bits and bobs that are perfectly fine but you dont use/dont fit your style and arent worth the hassle of selling :P

Hahaha, preeeeeach! I’ve found the best way of clearing out those bits and bobs (outside of offering them up during a game day) is slinging them in as freebies to folks that purchase something similar/related from me.

Bought some mag pouches? Take a free ‘cheapo’ utility pouch. Bought some mags? Take a free speedloader. So on and so forth, I’d much rather things get used than sit gathering dust until they go thrown out and end up in a land fill.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

All the noob points are the reason I didn’t rip in to him , I wish potential new players would do some decent research before diving in to what can be either a reasonably affordable hobby OR a money pit from hell of a hobby ! Just see it time and time again “first game coming up , what shall I buy ?” , Us ‘the been there done that’ mob “don’t buy anything just rent your first few games look at everyone’s kit then decided “ noob “but I must buy EVERYTHING To fit in !” Us “no you don’t , anyone gives you grief for being a noob with no kit tell them F-off as there’s plenty of others who’ll be more than welcoming “ 

several mths late this very advert pops up from said noob . Say’la’vie ! 👍

agreed, if there's one thing i dislike in this hobby it's the ones who won't cut the new guys some slack. i remember having to explain to a kid that his cyma ak was a perfectly good gat and he didn't need to go dropping loads of money on another gun just because it was 2 tone.

lets face it as long as you play honestly and fairly does it matter how long you've been at it or how shiny your toys are?

2 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Hahaha, preeeeeach! I’ve found the best way of clearing out those bits and bobs (outside of offering them up during a game day) is slinging them in as freebies to folks that purchase something similar/related from me.

Bought some mag pouches? Take a free ‘cheapo’ utility pouch. Bought some mags? Take a free speedloader. So on and so forth, I’d much rather things get used than sit gathering dust until they go thrown out and end up in a land fill.

now that's not a bad idea.

i did donate some kit to a mate who's just starting out, figured it'd get him over that hill of thinking he needs to buy more stuff to be effective.