Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters
28 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

Of course if someone asked to post something overseas that will have an extra cost but generally people anticipate that and in my experience at least are very understanding of it. 

Tell me about it, sold an idf vest on eBay & the guy turned out to be in the Lebanon, wanted to pay more for shipping than the price of the vest. True.

Seemed like a very nice chap, ended all of his emails with "alluah Akbar" 🤔🤫

Have we done this one yet?:

You won't find this gun in the UK! You will find it in Poland though....

TaiwanGun:

Base gun  £153

'A5' Stock £16

Knockoff CTR Stock £10

Kublai PMags £8 each

Vert Grip £7

Total: £202

This guy wants £240 (No Offers! Collection only) - So those H&K stickers must be totally worth the extra £38...

48 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Have we done this one yet?:

'A5' Stock £16

You can even buy it with the A5 stock already fitted for the same as the other versions.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

This seems about £100 ish overpriced. It’s the new base price without VAT. What do we think?

I think it makes me sad.

"Ghk mk18 never skirmished and around 7 bbs shot for a slow motion video and put back in its box"

I reckon that cost him just shy of £16 per trigger pull.

I'm sure we all understand the urge to buy stuff just to have stuff, but economically speaking, this is like buying a G&G CM16 then just throwing it straight in the bin.

16 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I think it makes me sad.

"Ghk mk18 never skirmished and around 7 bbs shot for a slow motion video and put back in its box"

I reckon that cost him just shy of £16 per trigger pull.

I'm sure we all understand the urge to buy stuff just to have stuff, but economically speaking, this is like buying a G&G CM16 then just throwing it straight in the bin.

I certainly got caught in the 'buying things to try and make me happy' throughout the early stages of the COVID situation. Fortunately that led me down a path which has made me fall in love with the game all over again, but it's also left me with a very expensive MWS build that I should absolutely sell on but am in denial about doing so. Selling a RIF before I've skirmished it atleast once is something I've never done, and never thought I would do... but after some frivolous spending to try and put a smile on my face I can absolutely see how it happens.

2 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

This seems about £100 ish overpriced. It’s the new base price without VAT. What do we think?

Yeah for sure overpriced. When I saw the advert I was expecting to see it with about 4 magazines. 

3 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

I certainly got caught in the 'buying things to try and make me happy' throughout the early stages of the COVID situation. Fortunately that led me down a path which has made me fall in love with the game all over again, but it's also left me with a very expensive MWS build that I should absolutely sell on but am in denial about doing so. Selling a RIF before I've skirmished it atleast once is something I've never done, and never thought I would do... but after some frivolous spending to try and put a smile on my face I can absolutely see how it happens.

I'll give you...*rummages in pockets*... £4.77, some fluff, a receipt from pets at home and a unused disposable glove.

I'm in the same boat - I got bored, and bought a 2nd hand GHK to scratch an itch, rather than wait for a good deal on a TM.

Now that itch is recurring in AK form, either a GHK or the TM Space AK ngrs.

4 hours ago, Raven1 said:

Gotta love bargain postage and a retail priced gun..but it does come with an extra high cap..

Screenshot_20201019-021958_Discord.jpg

£30 for postage! Although to be fair, they've managed to modify M4 magazines so they fit in M4 pouches...genius!

33 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Although to be fair, they've managed to modify M4 magazines so they fit in M4 pouches...genius!

G&G high caps have weird shapes and bulge out in the middle for some reason.

Also, trigger reponce :D

27 minutes ago, Raven1 said:

Also. 'Perfect' gun for cqb because you can get tag kills with that 12 inch bloody barrel....

That is not really an issue tbf.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Raven1 said:

My point is, that he advertises it as a 'perfect' cqb gun simply due to trigger response and it is far from 'perfect'

To be (grudgingly) fair, it is a significant factor, if you're talking very CQ.

And depending on how, uh, "mental" the "reponce" is.

But yes, over-sold and over-priced. If it's that "perfect", why's he selling it?

And we have a winner today...

TM NGRS Delta, fully upgraded (by KoA), no box, got it in a SWAP, no BB's fired thru it and it's got an M100 so must be doing about 320-230fps..... although the chap doesn't have a chrono so can't verify it.... Deal at £900 yeah? 

https://forums.zeroin.co.uk/forum/classifieds/rifles-smg-s-for-sale/ebb-rifles-smg-s/3178484-tm-416-delta

• Supporters
1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

Deal at £900 yeah?

Why on earth would you think that it's wor...

"Fully upgraded by KOA "

Ohhh.

Translated: "All the diamond encrusted stuff that neither the guy who paid for it, nor I who traded for it, ever once actually liked enough to use: that must be worth at least that that much to you as well.  Beg me to sell it to you, peasant.  On your mud encrusted knees."

A mate of mine has a TM recoil in a box. In bits, complete. He can't be arsed to put it back together as, his words, "meh"

I don't see their appeal either.

For Sale - A mistake shaped like a TM NGRS Delta - £900

Feel like this should be in that airsoft fallacies thread, I beg one day that the general airsoft player base realises that ‘aftermarket’ ≠ ‘upgrade’.

Granted that leads to a longer thought pattern of what ‘upgrade’ actually means. Many are seemingly happy in winning a gucci point pissing contest than they are having a nicely performing rif, and if that’s what you’re after then I guess it is upgraded for the intended purpose.

The only ‘actual’ reasons I can think of for selling a rif before skirmishing it that doesn’t ultimately lead me to suspicions of it not performing very well are:

1) Unexpected financial difficulties.

2) Ergonomically uncomfortable for the user (be that too long, too heavy, too much like a P90).

3) Too loud for intended purpose.*

*This is only here so I can use it as a justification if I sell my MWS. Gotta think ahead so I don’t look like a hypocrite later down the line 🧐.

I’m all for putting fancy stuff in and on my rifs, but am very aware that much of it gives little to no improvement over what was already in/on there. Which is largely why installing aftermarket parts on brand new rifs makes my head spin, what is the improvement from the ‘upgrade’ being judged against?

• Supporters

The problem with "upgrades" is the ability to make a gun perform better often lies in simply assembling it properly with a few choice parts in the places where they really count.

Its not a case of buying the most expensive iteration of each component, slapping them together and expecting the end result to be better.

I guess the point I was trying to make and having read my post back managed to entirely miss, was my suspicion the root of the disappoint that I feel leads to a lot of these sorts of sales.

Using a rif stock should act as your ‘control’ when playing around with putting aftermarket parts in something. Not having that benchmark to gauge the potential improvements from feels like a big miss, and a very easy way to wind up disappointed with your results.

Apologies, I suspect I’ve caused this to deviate away from where the topic was.