Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

On 25/09/2020 at 07:48, rocketdogbert said:

The Classic cut and paste description. £35 new, but this is one is £15 more because it has a couple of cans of gas that you can’t post, and some shitty bb’s 😂😂

Hi there, new member but a long time lurker. I actually signed up here because this for sale ad stirred me to action. I bought one of these brand new recently for 30 quid to see how I got on with it at my local CQB arena in preparation for investing in some good GBB pistols. To be honest it wasn't a bad experience [apart from the gash trigger], got several kills with it and I'm now moving away from AEG rifles and going GBB pistol primary.

But fuck me, this is so overpriced I think it might have given me pancreatic cancer. How does anyone believe a god awful cheapy second hand pistol became worth 50 quid because it's supplied with some gas and a tub 'o' cheapy BBs?

Minds you, if someone is new to the hobby and takes a look at the classified sections of airsoft forums and sites like Prefired in general, they may believe that having a few BB's and a partially used can of gas means their used airsoft gun is somehow worth more than it was new. Not to mention a couple of leaking gas mags, because everyone knows that leaking gas mags supplied with a gun means that the price jumps by the same amount you would pay for a brand new non leaking gas mag from a retailer per leaking gas mag supplied. 

Bearing that in mind, I'm going to advertise one of my 20yr old motorcycles for more than it cost new due to it having a full tank of fuel and new brake pads. 

Absolute fucking deal. You'd be mad not to buy it.   

• Supporters
1 hour ago, lilredmachine said:

Not to mention a couple of leaking gas mags, because everyone knows that leaking gas mags supplied with a gun means that the price jumps by the same amount you would pay for a brand new non leaking gas mag from a retailer per leaking gas mag supplied. 

Well, tbf, m8, they're an easy fix, but tbh, m8, I just don't have the time.

1 hour ago, lilredmachine said:

Bearing that in mind, I'm going to advertise one of my 20yr old motorcycles for more than it cost new due to it having a full tank of fuel and new brake pads. 

New rubber bands?

image.png.ef31a6695eaefaae72621eb7bac94b25.png

The "easy fix" thing is one that always gets me. If it's such an easy fix then why not do it yourself and get a better price? 

17 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

The "easy fix" thing is one that always gets me. If it's such an easy fix then why not do it yourself and get a better price? 

Because we all know it's just an excuse to sell a non working RIF or accessory and claim "Well I was told that's all that was needed to get it sorted "

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Cannonfodder said:

Because they dont have the time......

38 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Anybody fancy an overpriced MWS with a broken lower receiver ?

https://prefired.co.uk/ads/tokyo-marui-m4a1-mws-gbb-with-zet-system-1200-build-for-800/

"Hence the bargain price" 😂😂😂

Even with all the upgrades I wouldn't pay that much even if he hadn't broken the lower receiver

1 minute ago, PopRocket123 said:

"Hence the bargain price" 😂😂😂

Even with all the upgrades I wouldn't pay that much even if he hadn't broken the lower receiver

Same, every “upgrade” I‘Ve ever seen for an MWS, barring maybe a hop rubber and the sixG nub, have made it worse

3 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

every “upgrade” I‘Ve ever seen for an MWS, barring maybe a hop rubber and the sixG nub, have made it worse

I’d add a well chosen barrel and an n-pas to that list. True a barrel can go both ways, but a good one is basically just free extra FPS and the n-pas is a virtual necessity to manage FPS given the wild swings in temp in the U.K.

On 01/10/2020 at 11:58, Cr0-Magnon said:

Because we all know it's just an excuse to sell a non working RIF or accessory and claim "Well I was told that's all that was needed to get it sorted "

I will say that apart from putting stuff on the outside of my rifles, I wouldn't have a clue about doing anything internal and tbh, I have no 'want' to learn. I will always take my stuff to CAMO or Eagle6 to get fixed/upgraded. I will say if I ever did sell something that needed work, my thought process would be it would cost me  more to get fixed which I wouldn't get back in the sale so would rather knock off an amount to get a quicker sale. 

Having said all that, I havent ever sold anything that isnt 100% working purely because I cant be dealing with potential after sale headaches 

• Supporters

tbf though, it's not like a gun being sold "working" is any guarantee of not finding something horrible going on inside.

although if we're being super fair it's not like buying a gun brand new is a guarantee of not finding something horrible going on inside......

1 hour ago, SgtTalbert said:

I will say if I ever did sell something that needed work, my thought process would be it would cost me  more to get fixed which I wouldn't get back in the sale so would rather knock off an amount to get a quicker sale. 

I mean people who try to assure you that the rifle will be spot on just as soon as you add a washer or screw to that part etc. 

Although, how would you know how much to knock-off unless you knew what the issue was? Otherwise you're just selling as boneyard and we're talking pennies on the pound.

18 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Anybody fancy an overpriced MWS with a broken lower receiver ?

https://prefired.co.uk/ads/tokyo-marui-m4a1-mws-gbb-with-zet-system-1200-build-for-800/

Good grief.... it's got every upgrade under the bonnet there! But realistically a lot of that is not needed... Just a SIxG nub, a Modify Tan bucking.... and the barrel which may add about 5fps... A lot of 3rd party components may not have the same tolerances as the original stock Marui and hence lead to inconsistencies in behaviour... At least he's been honest about the crack so fair dues.... I wonder how that was caused? Possibly by the way the rail was installed or perhaps by the rail itself when opening the receiver so banging the rail onto the receiver... Either way it's sucks! A lower receiver is approx £150 and sourcing one is like rocking horse poop! 

2 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Good grief.... it's got every upgrade under the bonnet there! But realistically a lot of that is not needed...

I would say that this is a classic case of upgrade-itus - pouring large sums of money into pointless shiny things....just because. (I shall refrain from passing comments about TM users in general 😜)

I would also say that the the crack was because the seller fitted a 7.62 Rail onto a 5.56 pattern rifle. The 7.62 rail mount has an extra 'lump' on the bottom which would clear the front of a 7.62 pattern receiver upon opening, but perhaps not so on a 5.56.

Madbull 5.56 rail mount:

image.png.60309d0a089c7a37eb8380c2467d84f9.png

Madbull 7.62 rail mount:

image.png.4e3d38c482ea2bb24eb29cd4da70cd40.png

Pics from Evike & Madbull websites respectively.

13 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I would say that this is a classic case of upgrade-itus - pouring large sums of money into pointless shiny things....just because. (I shall refrain from passing comments about TM users in general 😜)

I would also say that the the crack was because the seller fitted a 7.62 Rail onto a 5.56 pattern rifle. The 7.62 rail mount has an extra 'lump' on the bottom which would clear the front of a 7.62 pattern receiver upon opening, but perhaps not so on a 5.56.

Madbull 5.56 rail mount:

image.png.60309d0a089c7a37eb8380c2467d84f9.png

Madbull 7.62 rail mount:

image.png.4e3d38c482ea2bb24eb29cd4da70cd40.png

Pics from Evike & Madbull websites respectively.

'TM users' 

You mean fellow airsofters that just use a different platform than yourself?

1 hour ago, RMDavis said:

'TM users' 

You mean fellow airsofters that just use a different platform than yourself?

No no, I actually meant TM NGRS/MWS users. Take from that what you will.

It was a slightly tongue-in-cheek joke ribbing those who have a penchant for buying expensive TM guns and spending lots more money on upgrades. No malice or jealously - I just find it funny.

Airsoft, after all, is just LARPing with toy guns. But no matter how much you spend, it's still only a toy.

2 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

No no, I actually meant TM NGRS/MWS users. Take from that what you will.

It was a slightly tongue-in-cheek joke ribbing those who have a penchant for buying expensive TM guns and spending lots more money on upgrades. No malice or jealously - I just find it funny.

Airsoft, after all, is just LARPing with toy guns. But no matter how much you spend, it's still only a toy.

I don't see why people have a problem (not suggesting you have) with others spending their hard earned cash on their chosen hobby.

Whether that's fitting lots of accessories onto a rifle or wearing crye, and everything that goes with it...

It seems totally fine to shame/mock others for spending what certain people regard is 'too much money' 

However if I or any of the other 'crye,tm,ngrs,mws' users started ripping into somebody for their shitty budget aeg and viper gear, I'd be an arrogant bastard!

It works both ways as far as I'm concerned. 

I couldn't care less how somebody enjoys their hobby. Whether its in a pair of jeans and a hoody with a cyma or fully decked out in crye and a das 416...

Providing you take your hits and aren't a dick you're fine by me.

20 minutes ago, RMDavis said:

I don't see why people have a problem (not suggesting you have) with others spending their hard earned cash on their chosen hobby.

I think it’s for the wallys who appear in all hobbies, spending loads of money modifying and then expecting to get all their hard-earned back when realisation hits that it hasn’t made much difference lol

5 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

I think it’s for the wallys who appear in all hobbies, spending loads of money modifying and then expecting to get all their hard-earned back when realisation hits that it hasn’t made much difference lol

That's fair enough, although there's plenty of 'wallys' playing airsoft regardless how much they've spent on their kit! 😂

Hindsight is wonderful thing, but I'm sure we've all been there and spent ex amount on something thinking that you've now managed to reinvent the wheel with your new 'upgrade'

I've been playing long enough to know that an 'upgrade' isn't necessarily better than the stock part it replaces!

Let people make these mistakes and hopefully they'll learn from it, even if they didn't have the common sense to research a little information on this forum!

(People just want to be spoon fed these days and expect an immediate answer via Facebook) - but thats a rant for another time...

29 minutes ago, RMDavis said:

Whether that's fitting lots of accessories onto a rifle or wearing crye, and everything that goes with it...

It seems totally fine to shame/mock others for spending what certain people regard is 'too much money' 

However if I or any of the other 'crye,tm,ngrs,mws' users started ripping into somebody for their shitty budget aeg and viper gear, I'd be an arrogant bastard!

It works both ways as far as I'm concerned. 

I couldn't care less how somebody enjoys their hobby. Whether its in a pair of jeans and a hoody with a cyma or fully decked out in crye and a das 416...

Providing you take your hits and aren't a dick you're fine by me.

Personally, I couldn't care less how you spend your money. If you want to be decked out in gucci RS kit and happy to drop a grand or two 'upgrading' your tupperware death cannon - kudos. I've got a decent job and could head down that path if I wanted to, but it's just not for me - my £150 guns get the job done just fine. I'd rather spend the money on hookers and cocaine.

I do find it funny (and this is not aimed at you) that there are a number of people with 'all the gear but no idea'. Happy to flex the credit card on 'upgrades', but making the square root of fuck all difference when it comes to in-game performance, indeed more often than not making things worse.

Don't worry, my jokes used to be aimed at PTW users back in the day, when Systemas were de rigueur and cost far more than a TM. The 'bestest gun evar' a guy at a skirmish site tried to convince me once. Of course he had to send it off to Tackleberry and spent another £500 on 'upgrades' just to make the thing work properly.

• Supporters

tbf marui users aren't the only ones who can deck a gun in shiny and expect it to work better.

it's just that the tm recoil platform seems to attract enough of that type of player to make a stereotype.

i don't mind it, especially when it makes their guns shoot worse, makes my life much easier :P

13 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Personally, I couldn't care less how you spend your money. If you want to be decked out in gucci RS kit and happy to drop a grand or two 'upgrading' your tupperware death cannon - kudos. I've got a decent job and could head down that path if I wanted to, but it's just not for me - my £150 guns get the job done just fine. I'd rather spend the money on hookers and cocaine.

I do find it funny (and this is not aimed at you) that there are a number of people with 'all the gear but no idea'. Happy to flex the credit card on 'upgrades', but making the square root of fuck all difference when it comes to in-game performance, indeed more often than not making things worse.

Don't worry, my jokes used to be aimed at PTW users back in the day, when Systemas were de rigueur and cost far more than a TM. The 'bestest gun evar' a guy at a skirmish site tried to convince me once. Of course he had to send it off to Tackleberry and spent another £500 on 'upgrades' just to make the thing work properly.

Ah I totally agree with you there. 

I'm under no illusion that my Crye G3's offer me any better concealment than a set of surplus mtp!

It all comes down to what we all personally want to get out of our hobby I guess.

6 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

tbf marui users aren't the only ones who can deck a gun in shiny and expect it to work better.

it's just that the tm recoil platform seems to attract enough of that type of player to make a stereotype.

i don't mind it, especially when it makes their guns shoot worse, makes my life much easier :P

Agree with you also bud.

Coming back to the whole hindsight thing my TM MK18 NGRS had all of its guts ripped out and replaced with the prommy back catalogue.

Don't get me wrong it performed exceptionally, but was it worth it? And was the step up in performance that much higher than stock? No I personally don't think so, and I wouldn't do it again as I'm now a GBBR snob...

However its the people that get their guns 'fully upgraded' without even using them stock that are the real mugs!

Sorry for derailing this thread mods, I'll shut up now... 😊