Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

22 hours ago, L3wisD said:

Nothing wrong with the advert per se, just wondering if the guy runs a fetish website from home... 😅

image.thumb.png.1b5530960f70a82c2c74ef6eaeca11af.png

An accurate description of many airsofters

The Classic cut and paste description. £35 new, but this is one is £15 more because it has a couple of cans of gas that you can’t post, and some shitty bb’s 😂😂

• Supporters

Bit of a Nerd/Geek "in" joke then, but not exactly helpful when selling a rif that someone might want to skirmish asap ?

Correction, just read the rest of it, boneyard 😂 

Not sure where to start with this. The downgrade from 400fps says to me it's a Chinese clone and the lack of branding for the kit makes me think its cheap kit too. 

1 hour ago, Cannonfodder said:

Not sure where to start with this. The downgrade from 400fps says to me it's a Chinese clone and the lack of branding for the kit makes me think its cheap kit too. 

The upper is a 416 and the lower is a generic M4, all internals have been replaced with moderate upgrades and it hasn't been to a game since being "upgraded". £50 says that thing doesn't even shoot. 

*Edit*

Wait he payed extra for the downgrade according to the invoice but on the list of parts there's an M120 spring. 

I see the advert has been edited. Price dropped from £350 to £300 and the make changed from  "genuine" to "custom" 

I'm no tech, but 348fps from a m120 spring doesn't sound right to me. 

24 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Thoughts on this one £430 for a Frankenstein gun built by the 'Tech' at Zero One.  Its got no hop up though.....

So it's boneyard. Doesn't matter what's in it if you're selling a gun that is missing vital parts that's a boneyard gun.

• Supporters

I like the bit where he says "unsure of what brand of gears"

And then on the next line "please don't hesitate to ask any questions"

Ok, what gears are they & what's it's FPS like 🤣

• Supporters
43 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Thoughts on this one £430 for a Frankenstein gun built by the 'Tech' at Zero One.  Its got no hop up though.....

if they forgot to install the nub god knows what else aint right.

sure the parts list is impressive, but there's more to getting a gun to shoot well than stuffing a bunch of expensive bits in it and expecting it to work better.

29 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

if they forgot to install the nub god knows what else aint right.

sure the parts list is impressive, but there's more to getting a gun to shoot well than stuffing a bunch of expensive bits in it and expecting it to work better.

It was the 'Tech' at Zero One that set alarm bells ringing....... and of course your beautiful custom gun that you stuck loads of expensive parts in has only been fired in the garden and never skirmished.  As we say in Belfast - I didnae come up the Lagan in a bubble.....

• Supporters

Spends £1,136 (plus the rest).

"The gun has never been used in game but a few shots have been fired down a range".

At a £686 loss, I'd wonder how much each of those BBs cost to shoot.

I guess it is a bargain if you want all of those exact parts and are prepared to make them actually work together.

Honestly, these adverts just make me sad.  Comes with 7 mags and 3 batteries, but has never been used for its intended purpose.  Somebody save it! :(

3 minutes ago, proffrink said:

I know for me that at one time buying and building was more fun than actually playing, so maybe that's the same for him. I wouldn't trust anyone to have done it correctly though.

Except he didn't build it. He payed a tech with a bad reputation to do it for him. If it's been used so little and is being sold at such a loss I can only assume it's fucked and whatever work has been done to the gearbox is going to need to be undone alone with a few replacement parts, most likely the piston. The mags and batteries included also tell me this was built for skirmishing. 

Though I imagine the reason is that the seller isn't comfortable doing tech work (assembly or disassembly) sales like this always baffle me slightly. In my experience 9/10 times you'll get more selling each part as an individual part. There is already a list breaking down each part, so the bulk of the annoying work of breaking down a RIF to sell as parts is done. So, if you're reading this Mr 5777 maybe have a think about taking this route.

• Supporters
37 minutes ago, proffrink said:

I wouldn't trust anyone to have done it correctly though.

this i reckon is the strongest argument for learning to do your own tech work. means you can buy in confidence that you can fix any issues that might arise.

• Supporters

Right now your just as likely to spend £150 on a new similar looking cyma that will perform better & probably outlast his overpriced "box of bits".

If the story is to be believed, that's a shocking hit to take on what he allegedly paid 😲

All this aside, I can celebrate having finally got a legit Ad on Mack's!  Now if only he would come into the discussion steaming mad it would be perfect :)

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Right now your just as likely to spend £150 on a new similar looking cyma that will perform better & probably outlast his overpriced "box of bits".

in fairness cyma's and jg's have a habit of punching above their price bracket in terms of performance these days.

don't take much if anything to make some real good shooters out of em.

Has no one brought this one up? From £700 for a pistol with no hop chamber, barrel or bucking to £350 for half a pistol. Not saying you could build it yourself for less, just that it goes to show that no matter how much you put in to a build, there's a maximum value when selling them on.

• Root Admin
6 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

Except he didn't build it. He payed a tech with a bad reputation to do it for him. If it's been used so little and is being sold at such a loss I can only assume it's fucked and whatever work has been done to the gearbox is going to need to be undone alone with a few replacement parts, most likely the piston. The mags and batteries included also tell me this was built for skirmishing. 

Fair enough, I must've missed that.