Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

20 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Afaik isnt it -1 reputation?

I cant say i've ever paid that much attention to how that whole thing works.

Nope, it does nothing :D

1 hour ago, timski said:

£300 and bad spelling, brilliant deal! 😂

I guess you didn't see the rest of the thread, where it was agreed that it's actually a good price

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

[STAGE WHISPERS] It sold pretty much immediately.

Actually... it was being sold as part of my mates collection, and I just figured I'd actually have it for myself.

It's properly nice.

Though I have had a few... odd... messages about it.

Not through here though

To bang on about this, there is a tutorial on how to turn two TM 1911's into a hardballer. Given the rarity of the item I am considering it, fair play to @Cromulon1994 for taking first pick. Do let ys know what it shoots like.

I'm of the inclination to say that this is worthy of a mention here.

The LCT AK-74M can readily be found for £299 brand new (possibly a bit less with some shopping around). The LCT magwell spacer is typically £19 (still say these should come standard but it's a futile argument with LCT) and genuine LCT mag's are readily available for approximately £11 a piece. CYMA magazines tend to be similar in the UK but can be found far cheaper elsewhere. Overall I estimate the gun to be worth around: £265.00 all in (calculated at about 65% retail using UK prices).

I'll have to give some concession to the launcher although I will say these used to sell for around £85 brand new in the UK. Despite the owner insisting they're discontinued, they're not but they are very hard to find. For the sake easiest comparison and easiest to find I'll compare it to the King Arms GP-30 which can be found for around £130.00. I'd be of the inclination to estimate the value of the GP-25 in this area given its rarity. Thoughts?

I'd say the 6SH117 Ratnik Vest isn't too far off the going rate for it from a retailer by the time you're done with all your import fees and postage. I suspect it can probably be found a bit cheaper with some perseverance.

To sell it all as a bundle I suspect it would probably need to come down to around £550.00 but I could be wrong and there's every chance I'm being a little harsh in my valuation for the AK-74M and the launcher.

• Supporters

One of these vests can be picked up new for as little as £30, or you can start the bidding on this one for £90 +p&p, apparently it's worth triple it's RRP as the owner claims it's been used in 'stan ?

(Or maybe he just kicked it around a dusty yard 😏)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Special-Operations-Black-Ops-Tactical-Vest-Used-In-Afghanistan-Web-Tex/353205191970?hash=item523cab8522%3Ag%3AOIcAAOSwtsNfYogu&LH_ItemCondition=2000|2500|3000|4000|5000|6000|7000

4 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

GP-25

The Dboys GP-25 while rare, they are fragile and are prone to breaking  in particular the sights coupled their propriety shell size, ( you can get tag rounds for it) makes them more of a novelty than any real use, £200 is very steep in my opinion I would say £95-£100, especially when you can buy the king arms GP-30 which uses the stand 40mm shell type.    

The LCT AK74-M is high considering it second hand, you can buy brand new ( in my opinion superior)E&L gen2 AK74-M from gunfire for £274.89 granted you have factor in the cost postage and a new spring to make comply with UK fps but it easy with QC gear box.  https://gunfire.com/en/products/el-74-mn-assault-rifle-replica-gen-2-1152202736.html 

• Supporters
22 minutes ago, Sniper780 said:

The LCT AK74-M is high considering it second hand, you can buy brand new ( in my opinion superior)E&L gen2 AK74-M from gunfire for £274.89 granted you have factor in the cost postage and a new spring to make comply with UK fps but it easy with QC gear box.  https://gunfire.com/en/products/el-74-mn-assault-rifle-replica-gen-2-1152202736.html 

I agree the e&l is the superior gun out of the box, at least comparing new buys. I just wish i hadnt found out by buying a new lct :(

Also gunfire doesnt charge extra for spring downgrades (although it appears they preferr to chop the stock spring)

Edit: also the e&l comes with the magwell spacer out of the box......

Unfortunately LCT have slipped over the past couple of years in terms of QC and by failing to look at what their competitors are doing (magwell spacer inclusion by E&L). Admittedly LCT are starting to roll out their QC gearboxes. For me the biggest draw to LCT over E&L is that they are far better when it comes to aftermarket parts compatibility.

@Sniper780 - Whenever I look at pricing I'll try and stick with the same product in order to assess it fairly. If you start heading down a route of "well x is the nearest competitor" then it opens the door to a slippery slope, at least in my opinion.

When it comes to the GP-25, I was attempting to treat it fairly as they still seem to hold a lot of appeal to many (I'm assuming because of how iconic it is). Admittedly given the choice between the GP-25 and GP-30 I'd opt for the GP-30 on every occasion. My reason for this would be, as @Sniper780 rightly pointed out, based on the fact  it'll accept standard 40mm rounds.

7 hours ago, Tackle said:

One of these vests can be picked up new for as little as £30, or you can start the bidding on this one for £90 +p&p, apparently it's worth triple it's RRP as the owner claims it's been used in 'stan ?

(Or maybe he just kicked it around a dusty yard 😏)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Special-Operations-Black-Ops-Tactical-Vest-Used-In-Afghanistan-Web-Tex/353205191970?hash=item523cab8522%3Ag%3AOIcAAOSwtsNfYogu&LH_ItemCondition=2000|2500|3000|4000|5000|6000|7000

Apparently they can provide photos of it being worn in Afghanistan 😂😂😂

I was playing around with an E&L the other weekend and was mighty impressed by its handling and also the fact it’s made of metal mostly with real wood hand guards. I mean the thing had some serious weight to it that’s for sure. 

@FreeFrag.UK I personal consider LCT and E&L on the same tier in regard to my view on the airsoft AK pantheon,  so I would compare the two as they are both are very similar, in regards to manufacture, materials used and pricing.  However after the Nuprol price tax on LCT AK's, E&L for me are taking a lead, you just get more bang for your buck currently, especial compared to the price of the LCT in the AD you linked.  Although UK Shop pricing on E&L AK's is steep Gunfire are competitively priced .

Now if the seller decided to adjust the price inline with your estimation of £265.00 all in then I would say that fair a second hand market price, but at  £380,  I would just buy the brand new E&L and cyma mags, genuine AK slings are cheap and easy to find.