Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

6 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

this is one of the things i hate about the internet is when the original drama thread gets deleted and you missed the party.

that's the price i pay for living under a rock i guess

Just read through some of that. Whatever Milspec did aside, the ones commenting "got any feedlips? lololol" likely also think the things they shout during the safety briefing are hilarious.

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, M_P said:

True enough but also, you reap what you sow I guess. What did he think was gonna happen 

see this is why i dislike not having seen the start of how things all kicked off, i'd rather read the original comments he and the customer had because out of context it's hard to judge if it was the reaction of an arsehole, a joker, or a stressed shop owner losing his mind over yet another difficult customer.

seeing things in retrospect/secondhand makes it much harder for me to form my own opinion.

4 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

see this is why i dislike not having seen the start of how things all kicked off, i'd rather read the original comments he and the customer had because out of context it's hard to judge if it was the reaction of an arsehole, a joker, or a stressed shop owner losing his mind over yet another difficult customer.

seeing things in retrospect/secondhand makes it much harder for me to form my own opinion.

Agreed. Granted, irrelevant of how it all started I can't help but feel like calming the situation, even if that meant bending the knee when he didn't feel he was in the wrong, is generally a better way to go as a business owner rather than doubling down and it becoming the memefest it has turned into. Just seems like such a perculiar route to take.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, alxndrhll said:

Agreed. Granted, irrelevant of how it all started I can't help but feel like calming the situation, even if that meant bending the knee when he didn't feel he was in the wrong, is generally a better way to go as a business owner rather than doubling down and it becoming the memefest it has turned into. Just seems like such a perculiar route to take.

the last post on the timeline reads like classic pissed off and angry to me. but again hard to tell if that's a position to be sympathetic to without the full story.

ahh well, i already got my svd mags from ky anyway.....

I managed to find an image of the intial messages exchanged over the whole Milspec thing, I can sympathise to Milspec, times are going to be rough and retail has suffered so clearly wants to get as many sales as possible so the weight of a business will be heavy but if answering benign questions late at night isn't what you want to do then simply don't read the messages or turn off the notifications.

Again a plague of this always on world is that people expect immediate answers although the guy who asked did not come across like that, likely Milspec had a bad day and took it out on the wrong prospective customer, a really bad choice/lash out which will have hurt him.

I will footnote though that Milspec does need to learn from this, either clean up the responses or don't respond until the next day.

I wouldn't wish hardship on anyone but when you are selling luxury items, at least be thankful people choose you as that cah could easily go on so many other things.

The closest I can find to the original call out post is this bastardised screenshot. Short version is, guy messages the page around 10:30 asking about the feed lips, not expecting an answer until the next day and gets the standard automated message saying they'll respond during working hours. So far so standard. The guy from milspec then messages back telling him to fuck off and it all goes to shit from there.

FB_IMG_1598019796496.jpg

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

I managed to find an image of the intial messages exchanged over the whole Milspec thing, I can sympathise to Milspec, times are going to be rough and retail has suffered so clearly wants to get as many sales as possible so the weight of a business will be heavy but if answering benign questions late at night isn't what you want to do then simply don't read the messages or turn off the notifications.

Again a plague of this always on world is that people expect immediate answers although the guy who asked did not come across like that, likely Milspec had a bad day and took it out on the wrong prospective customer, a really bad choice/lash out which will have hurt him.

I will footnote though that Milspec does need to learn from this, either clean up the responses or don't respond until the next day.

I wouldn't wish hardship on anyone but when you are selling luxury items, at least be thankful people choose you as that cah could easily go on so many other things.

next day is always better.

i generally hold to the standard of expecting folk to check/respond to their emails once per working day so i never expect a reply in any shorter time than 24 hours.

2 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

The closest I can find to the original call out post is this bastardised screenshot. Short version is, guy messages the page around 10:30 asking about the feed lips, not expecting an answer until the next day and gets the standard automated message saying they'll respond during working hours. So far so standard. The guy from milspec then messages back telling him to fuck off and it all goes to shit from there.

FB_IMG_1598019796496.jpg

if that's how it went down then i must admit i'd find it hard to sympathise with milspec on this, people send messages at all hours, hell how does he know the guy isn't in a different time zone and emailing him at 2pm?

7 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

next day is always better.

i generally hold to the standard of expecting folk to check/respond to their emails once per working day so i never expect a reply in any shorter time than 24 hours.

if that's how it went down then i must admit i'd find it hard to sympathise with milspec on this, people send messages at all hours, hell how does he know the guy isn't in a different time zone and emailing him at 2pm?

Exactly. Apparently the guy works long hours and doesn't get a chance to message during work hours which I definitely get. The fact that this is the latest in a *very* long list of times this guy's been a complete prick erodes any sympathy I may have had for him and definitely added fuel to the shitstorm the original post caused. I think there were over 500 comments in less than an hour

9 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

FB_IMG_1598019796496.jpg

The guy wanting the feed lips isn't at all in the wrong there. I have to do things when I think of them or usually end up forgetting. Messaging a company out of hours is something I've done many a time, because of that (and of course most of us work during the day). Had he chased-up for a response five minutes later, the reaction would be in some way understandable (although still unprofessional). As far as I can see that wasn't the case.

• Supporters

Clearly the milspec guy needs to turn off notifications on his phone at night, maybe when it pinged it put him off his stroke lol.

I might have to ask about a product myself tonight, I'll do it when I get up for a piss, usually about 4am 🤣

• Supporters
1 hour ago, PopRocket123 said:

Exactly. Apparently the guy works long hours and doesn't get a chance to message during work hours which I definitely get. The fact that this is the latest in a *very* long list of times this guy's been a complete prick erodes any sympathy I may have had for him and definitely added fuel to the shitstorm the original post caused. I think there were over 500 comments in less than an hour

it does indeed read like he's had a long hard day and getting notifications right before bed was the straw that broke the camels back, however snapping at someone is one thing, following it up is another.

i mean if he'd replied the next day and simply said "yeah i'm sorry, been a very rough day that was unprofessional" then that would be fine, but the rest of his reaction is just adding fuel to the fire.

8 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

it does indeed read like he's had a long hard day and getting notifications right before bed was the straw that broke the camels back, however snapping at someone is one thing, following it up is another.

i mean if he'd replied the next day and simply said "yeah i'm sorry, been a very rough day that was unprofessional" then that would be fine, but the rest of his reaction is just adding fuel to the fire.

I meant the guy who messaged him works long hours. The guy from Milspec is a prick to everyone

• Supporters
Just now, PopRocket123 said:

I meant the guy who messaged him works long hours. The guy from Milspec is a prick to everyone

oh, lol i thought you'd meant the other way round.

i mean snapping at a customer is unprofessional but not unforgivable when there's context behind it.

I defended him slightly. In as much as I just said I'd dealt with him a couple of times and they'd been really good experiences. 

Bloody hell I got jumped on. So did Matt Skunk among others. It was a really odd, really toxic bit of trial by social media.

Guest Tommycupra
7 hours ago, M_P said:

Very much so. Stole this from facebook but pretty much sums up what happened and genuinely doesn't exaggerate it either.

Screenshot 2020-08-21 at 12.55.36.png

Some guy wanted 6 ghk feed lips, messaged the milspec solutions FB page and received a tirade of abuse back. Bits still ongoing on their FB page, worth a look if you'd like a giggle

Aww I was wondering what all that was about! Thankyou for clearing It up haha

• Supporters
56 minutes ago, Heath said:

It sold this morning, reported it anyway, they reckon they still follow up on reports of counterfeit stuff up to a year after the sale.

We'll see lol ?

• Supporters

He clearly needs the extra cash to get even more tasteful Tatt's on his head & neck.

no-just-no-memegenerator-net-patrick-stewart-facepalm-meme-50165380.png