Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Tackle said:

Waiting on ebay to call me back on this 😡

Update: just had a call from the us, all documented & their going after the slimy cnut..........allegedly 😀

Not all heroes wear khaki.

tenor.gif?itemid=15342227

Or maybe you do, I don't know.  Either way, thanks for doing this, I wish eBay would make it a bit easier.

• Supporters
22 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

https://www.trijicon.com/support/product-authenticity

"Please do not contact us to determine if a potential [used] purchase is authentic. We can only determine authenticity if we have the product in-hand at our factory. "

That seems like rather a silly attitude. I know they've probably spoken with some lawyer who's said what lawyers will always say: "Do nothing, say nothing, that'll be $5000."

But why not say "Send us a picture, and we'll answer with either 'That's definitely a fake' or 'We can't say for sure if that's a fake'.  We will never say 'That's genuine' from a picture."

Because it's in their interest to reduce used market sales, and protect buyers from being ripped off with fakes and then bitching about the brand.

They're not interested because the minute they say they'll do it their inbox will be jammed full of airsofters asking if the sight they bought from ebay is genuine or not.

They could of course do what Leupold do which is keep a database of legit serial numbers and let you enter the SN of yours online to check if it's fake or not.

I wonder if they always had that rule or they learned the hard way....

Database would work until they get a hold of one of the genuine serials and put that over everything haha.

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Brophy said:

I wonder if they always had that rule or they learned the hard way....

Database would work until they get a hold of one of the genuine serials and put that over everything haha.

It's pretty easy to filter out duplicates on a database.

Not long on the auction now!

If I was scammed on it I would take it back to him,set it on fire and push it up his arse and say "hows that for a fuckin' rimfire"!!

Regards

3 Scorpion Evos just came up for sale literally in the last 30mins. WTF is going on. It’s like a London bus! 

Oh and that vector. There’s something about one that makes me wanna get one. But alas I don’t CQB

People power. Well done all 👍

• Supporters
1 hour ago, BigBlackGlock said:

Well, well, well

Screenshot_20200820-184452_eBay.jpg

Thank feck for that, I'd made up my mind that if the auction went on to the end I was gonna bid £500 in the last ten seconds & then hit him with the most evil feedback before he could cancel my bid lol 😈  

Did his account get suspended, as I can't find the sure fire here had for sale (didn't put it on my watch list duh 🤓)

16 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Thank feck for that, I'd made up my mind that if the auction went on to the end I was gonna bid £500 in the last ten seconds & then hit him with the most evil feedback before he could cancel my bid lol 😈  

Did his account get suspended, as I can't find the sure fire here had for sale (didn't put it on my watch list duh 🤓)

I actually wasn't able to find the surefire earlier, I assume someone had bought it as it was Buy It Now as opposed to another auction, unfortunately! His account is still active though but at least we saved someone 🤣

• Head Moderator
10 minutes ago, Leonine said:

1) Not uk

2) Retailer?

Foreign retailer, has been warned by Mods.

• Supporters
16 hours ago, BigBlackGlock said:

I actually wasn't able to find the surefire earlier, I assume someone had bought it as it was Buy It Now as opposed to another auction, unfortunately! His account is still active though but at least we saved someone 🤣

Think the surefires back on, auction this time.

Anybody able to tell if it's the real McCoy ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?isRefine=true&sid=geobottomley123

Though not a surefire (😏) way of checking my usual go to at first is the standard end cap/switch. Real ones are marked with ‘www.surefire.com’, and the inside of the cap is black with a silver coloured (no idea of the material) contact. Unless Surefire have changed their marking and materials, combined with the previous offence I’d probably go ahead and assume the light isn’t genuine either.

Photos of my end cap are below. Unless I got sailed down the river a while back it’s genuine.

D61F4D5C-8746-465F-BC2E-E16C5B463211.thumb.jpeg.b4183cb850d961892efef1909c29041a.jpeg

07967824-B2DC-4528-8044-D4CA3C79E991.thumb.jpeg.f945a3923a950bcfca1a3b3199762f5a.jpeg

Edit:

Mine also has what I’m guessing is a serial number beneath the main branding on the body of the light. Though I’m not an expert so this could be a version marking rather than a serial number. Either way, it isn’t present on the images in the eBay sale.

79ED152D-79CD-4F39-8AFD-74B758D39BFD.thumb.jpeg.65c838c842b57e48e06bdff280f86838.jpeg

The one pictured on the listing looks... familiar.

Cheers,

Alex

• Supporters
49 minutes ago, M_P said:

Can't help but feel everything sold by Milspec Solutions should be on here after the last few days 

Wait, did I miss some drama?

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Wait, did I miss some drama?

Very much so. Stole this from facebook but pretty much sums up what happened and genuinely doesn't exaggerate it either.

Screenshot 2020-08-21 at 12.55.36.png

Some guy wanted 6 ghk feed lips, messaged the milspec solutions FB page and received a tirade of abuse back. Bits still ongoing on their FB page, worth a look if you'd like a giggle

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Just had a quick perusal of Milspecs FB page.

Wow. Just...wow.

It's like watching a freight train derail in slow motion.

A lot of the heavier stuff has been deleted, the guy who owns the store has a rather extensive 4 letter vocabulary saved just for customers it turns out

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Just had a quick perusal of Milspecs FB page.

Wow. Just...wow.

It's like watching a freight train derail in slow motion.

this is one of the things i hate about the internet is when the original drama thread gets deleted and you missed the party.

that's the price i pay for living under a rock i guess