Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

8 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

for the sake of bringing things back on topic:

so leaving aside my deep professional concern as to the notion of putting carbon fibre under immense pressure then subjecting it to potential impact events.....

As a paintball tank, it'll be fine for general sports usage such as paintball or airsoft. They are immensely strong, and I've not heard of many catastrophically failing other than when some idiot put 3-in-1 oil in the fill nipple at a paintball tournament (never, ever oil an HPA regulator kids). The tank launched itself like a rocket across the safe zone.

image.png.129302960f3830cfb743627e4a62038d.png

How is he gonna send the tank would be my question. He'll need to remove the regulator first (which can be bitch to do without marring the anodising), even then RM/PF and other couriers hate the bottles as they are pressure vessels.

1 hour ago, Cromulon1994 said:

This seems a touch expensive for a used hwasan shotgun.

Screenshot_20200819-100259_Chrome.jpg

Oh God....you've opened the Airsoft Imports can o' worms...

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

As a paintball tank, it'll be fine for general sports usage such as paintball or airsoft. They are immensely strong, and I've not heard of many catastrophically failing other than when some idiot put 3-in-1 oil in the fill nipple at a paintball tournament (never, ever oil an HPA regulator kids). The tank launched itself like a rocket across the safe zone.

the problem i have is carbon is notoriously bad at dealing with impact damage, and the idea of something like that taking a bump against a tree or such is quite worrying.

they're likely hideously over-built but that still doesn't inspire confidence.

that and impact tag rounds are the 2 things in airsoft that genuinely scare me.

I’d be willing to bet quite a lot on that being a Chinese copy. The big clue for me is the airsoft (Tokyo Marui) Spec mounting plate.

• Supporters
46 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

I’m by no means an expert, but this looks suspiciously like a Chinese clone to me

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trijicon-Red-Dot-Sight/264831947299?hash=item3da936d223%3Ag%3AmkUAAOSwrdVfOCSD&LH_ItemCondition=3000

https://www.trijicon.com/support/product-authenticity

"Please do not contact us to determine if a potential [used] purchase is authentic. We can only determine authenticity if we have the product in-hand at our factory. "

That seems like rather a silly attitude. I know they've probably spoken with some lawyer who's said what lawyers will always say: "Do nothing, say nothing, that'll be $5000."

But why not say "Send us a picture, and we'll answer with either 'That's definitely a fake' or 'We can't say for sure if that's a fake'.  We will never say 'That's genuine' from a picture."

Because it's in their interest to reduce used market sales, and protect buyers from being ripped off with fakes and then bitching about the brand.

31 minutes ago, Cyberlawyer said:

I’d be willing to bet quite a lot on that being a Chinese copy. The big clue for me is the airsoft (Tokyo Marui) Spec mounting plate.

Pretty sure RS doesn’t say Pat Pending either 

Busted! 

You're goin' down sunshine! 👮‍♂️

1 hour ago, MagpieAirsoft said:

Yeo, it has exactly the same serial number as the one i got from ali express for 16 quid20200819_193404.thumb.jpg.a6922b769f1736fe3e79692c863464a3.jpg

Nice fit dude.problems fitting in holster?

Regards

6 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Nice fit dude.problems fitting in holster?

Regards

No problems. Using an FMA g17l holster as i also have a torch mounted

Is it good for fast target acquisition.

Do you play cqb as you have the torch.

Regards 

• Supporters
6 hours ago, BigBlackGlock said:

Edit: the listing just went from 6 bids at £102 to 1 bid at £85

Withdrawn bid, lucky escape.  I've reported it to eBay for all the good that will do.

Back in the day, eBay used to let you message other bidders directly. I'd take great pleasure in sending winning muppets links to new items that cost less than what they'd just bid on a used one.  Ah, good times,good times.  I can see why eBay stopped allowing that. ;)

• Supporters
46 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Withdrawn bid, lucky escape.  I've reported it to eBay for all the good that will do.

Back in the day, eBay used to let you message other bidders directly. I'd take great pleasure in sending winning muppets links to new items that cost less than what they'd just bid on a used one.  Ah, good times,good times.  I can see why eBay stopped allowing that. ;)

Reported it too, but it's still up, I've a mind to message the seller to let him know he's been rumbled, he might have an attack of conscience & pull it, otherwise some poor mugs getting ripped off.

Edit: just posted in zin in case the potential buyers on there, & pmd the seller, I feckin hate to see some poor sap get turned over 😠

Edited by Tackle

I have messaged him (a few hours ago, actually) & no response thus far. Also reported the listing with Rocketdogbert, so hopefully ebay take notice. He is also selling what he describes as a "genuine Surefire" in another listing for £45, which I am doubting

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, BigBlackGlock said:

I have messaged him (a few hours ago, actually) & no response thus far. Also reported the listing with Rocketdogbert, so hopefully ebay take notice. He is also selling what he describes as a "genuine Surefire" in another listing for £45, which I am doubting

That's strange, I politely messaged him at about 1030 asking if he's still taking offers on it (as per his description), but he replied almost immediately & said no, not since having a bid.

Shame, I was hoping he'd say yes so I could then offer the obligatory "50p & a packet of Haribo for your fake shit" 🤣, but alas he didn't go for it.

But if he replied to mine that quick, he must have read yours too.

15 minutes ago, Tackle said:

That's strange, I politely messaged him at about 1030 asking if he's still taking offers on it (as per his description), but he replied almost immediately & said no, not since having a bid.

Shame, I was hoping he'd say yes so I could then offer the obligatory "50p & a packet of Haribo for your fake shit" 🤣, but alas he didn't go for it.

But if he replied to mine that quick, he must have read yours too.

I sent mine at about 7, so he has most definitely seen it then. Seems like he is trying to get something for nothing & trying to make it seem like it is real because he used it on a .22... Not the most honourable thing to do!

6 hours ago, BigBlackGlock said:

I messaged him asking if the surefire was a genuine  item.

He replied,'I believe that it is but have no paperwork with it'.

Regards

1 hour ago, Shamal said:

I messaged him asking if the surefire was a genuine  item.

He replied,'I believe that it is but have no paperwork with it'.

Regards

That is explicitly against eBay rules

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, BigBlackGlock said:

Oh jesus 🤕

Screenshot_20200820-102522_eBay.jpg

Big oofs, that's awful.

I really wish eBay allowed contacting bidders, just for circumstances like this where there's no way to warn them that they're about to get ripped off. :(

I know, "privacy", but since they won't do a damn thing about counterfeits themselves, it's a piss poor way to protect customers.

I've never done it before, but I'm half tempted to register a sock account and bid a crazy amount just to try to protect these victims.

I've reported the listing too. Hopefully eBay will pull their finger out and review the listing before the auction end.

At least with PayPal there is some recourse for the buyer. I just hope the buyer is savvy enough to work out that what they've bought isn't legit. ☹️