Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

1 hour ago, proffrink said:

In terms of making this a paid service and the logistics of that, it's actually not too difficult. IPB already has ways of letting you pay your way into a group and from there it's just a case of restricting posts per group (something we already do, because Supporters can list an unlimited number of ads per week). If you're a supporter, please go here to discuss further.

Out of interest, how does one became a supporter?

17 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Thanks  - I'll pick up a patch shortly.

13 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Listen carefully...

image.png.dac8b9f900ee6f9d8642eacadfaf695e.png

I honestly cannot think of a meaningful comeback to that. Well played, old chap, well played.

image.png.b0634aca8b7ca2d18cc5364a1f2a7050.png

• Supporters

Seems this thread is gaining some notoriety out in the wider interwebs! (check out the last line of the ad)

Image may contain: text that says "These normally have more leaks than Mccanns does Joseph seals tighter than basement. actual using metalwork, though taken orange pricei currently ithth finest gar beaten find does shoot well you use good armed stick. second word even place living room,t take pictures down what ever done you, right? ifit project though loader have next weekends western game. Swaps revolvers Shooting neighbour's scats, ihe and defence BlOoDy UkArA policE. buy. incase. Hello Mack's. Specs Make Chinesium Model Winchester M1892 FPS 330 Accessories least"

• Supporters
On 17/08/2020 at 12:45, Speedbird_666 said:

And the gauntlet is thrown down. This should be interesting.

Well, he's been on & nothing ?, Any mods heard from him.

Checking his profile, I couldn't see any other posts other than his sales threads, not a single thread interaction ?.

Great forum member 😏

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

Well, he's been on & nothing ?, Any mods heard from him.

Checking his profile, I couldn't see any other posts other than his sales threads, not a single thread interaction ?.

Great forum member 😏

A bit disappointing, this could have been put to bed once and for all.

He's either:

- Ignorant to everything in this thread, even with you tagging him

- Keeping his head down to stay out of the inevitable shitstorm and not incriminate himself.

- Aloof, and doesn't see the need to communicate with us as he believes that he's done nothing wrong and doesn't need to justify himself.

At the end of the day though, until he's demonstrably broken the rules (which have since been tightened because of feedback on this thread), he can do what he wants, and if that means not talking on here and being part of the community, so be it. 

As the mods have said, posting elsewhere on the forums is not a prerequisite of use of the classifieds. 

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

Seems this thread is gaining some notoriety out in the wider interwebs! (check out the last line of the ad)

Image may contain: text that says "These normally have more leaks than Mccanns does Joseph seals tighter than basement. actual using metalwork, though taken orange pricei currently ithth finest gar beaten find does shoot well you use good armed stick. second word even place living room,t take pictures down what ever done you, right? ifit project though loader have next weekends western game. Swaps revolvers Shooting neighbour's scats, ihe and defence BlOoDy UkArA policE. buy. incase. Hello Mack's. Specs Make Chinesium Model Winchester M1892 FPS 330 Accessories least"

Where did you find that? The guy who wrote that is a right nob

1 hour ago, Speedbird_666 said:

A bit disappointing, this could have been put to bed once and for all.

He's either:

- Ignorant to everything in this thread, even with you tagging him

- Keeping his head down to stay out of the inevitable shitstorm and not incriminate himself.

- Aloof, and doesn't see the need to communicate with us as he believes that he's done nothing wrong and doesn't need to justify himself.

At the end of the day though, until he's demonstrably broken the rules (which have since been tightened because of feedback on this thread), he can do what he wants, and if that means not talking on here and being part of the community, so be it. 

As the mods have said, posting elsewhere on the forums is not a prerequisite of use of the classifieds. 

I don’t really think the forum member gives a monkeys to be frank. He’s selling he’s wares and people are buying them. As you said he’s not breaking any forum rules other than grating  our cheese on here. Yes it’s annoyingly annoying to see his adverts cycle up weekly and push those members who sell one or two items down the list. That’s really taking the proverbial but what can we do? Diddly. 

Anyway, i think we have given too much time and effort to this topic. Let’s move on. Is there anyone whose asking way too much for anything Airsoft anywhere ? Tally ho chaps. 

Oh what’s this discord server I keep hearing about. Do I need to be on it?

• Root Admin
8 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Out of interest, how does one became a supporter?

7 hours ago, EDcase said:

Buying a patch doesn't make you a supporter. You have to be invited and shown the secret handshake that Rogerborg has already given too much away of. As soon as we reach a quorum he's on his way out.

1 hour ago, proffrink said:

Buying a patch doesn't make you a supporter. You have to be invited and shown the secret handshake that Rogerborg has already given too much away of. As soon as we reach a quorum he's on his way out.

Are willy-licks a valid currency in lieu of a secret handshake on the forum? Asking for a friend...

5 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Are willy-licks a valid currency in lieu of a secret handshake on the forum? Asking for a friend...

Depends whose cock-pop you are licking tbh.....and whether you swallow or spit

• Root Admin

In all seriousness we basically open the floor to letting new Supporters in now and again but it's a decision made by all existing supporters. Generally if you post frequently and with entertaining or informative content you'll find yourself becoming a Supporter after not too long.

A target number of Supporters is 2% of our total regular membership (i.e. people who have visited in the last year). If you've not visited the forums for a year as a Supporter you're not counted in this number. Basically it caps us at a certain number of highly active members so it's a genuine recognition of those who make the forums worth visiting. In many ways they are the reason why our forums have done so well since their inception.

There are a couple more requirements too but these are a bit of a secret.

It used to be that you could buy your way in, but not any more.

1 minute ago, proffrink said:

It used to be that you could buy your way in, but not anymore.

image.gif.412f7c636b1b087b6fc5105acf935051.gif

That should cover me and @Speedbird_666 right just don’t tell the rest 😜😂

• Head Moderator
4 hours ago, Cromulon1994 said:

Where did you find that? The guy who wrote that is a right nob

That is probably one of the best adverts I have seen. The seller is a genius - blends facts and wit.

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

how the hell did i become a supporter then :wacko:

Lol, I've only just spotted I'm one, dunno when that happened, doesn't help when I've got the attention span of a goldfish 🐠

• Supporters

for the sake of bringing things back on topic:

so leaving aside my deep professional concern as to the notion of putting carbon fibre under immense pressure then subjecting it to potential impact events.....

£250 for an 88ci carbon tank? even if i was mad enough to buy one i could get brand new for sub £220

or alternately you could buy a secondhand dive tank for ~£130, fill adapter for ~£40-£60 and a regular 48ci tank for £40 and have a hell of a lot more air.....

7 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

That is probably one of the best adverts I have seen. The seller is a genius - blends facts and wit.

It's my advert... how else do you describe an a&k rifle other than crap? At least it was honestly described 😂. Like the peacemaker ad that worked well too.

7 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

for the sake of bringing things back on topic:

so leaving aside my deep professional concern as to the notion of putting carbon fibre under immense pressure then subjecting it to potential impact events.....

£250 for an 88ci carbon tank? even if i was mad enough to buy one i could get brand new for sub £220

or alternately you could buy a secondhand dive tank for ~£130, fill adapter for ~£40-£60 and a regular 48ci tank for £40 and have a hell of a lot more air.....

Does this thing come with flippers too and a snorkel? I guess if you wanna be a Navy Seal this Is a must have in addition to your £1200 CAG! But seriously people actually run around with such things slapped on their backs? 

I particularly like the:

Has loads of air in it... won't come with any air in it.

Maybe its 250 quid as it's a rare Schrodingers edition? 

A bit like SWAT grenades. But they both do or don't exist until you pay for them and then they very definitely no longer exist.