Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Again, perfectly valid points too. I was just playing devils advocate.

But until either he comes on here to clarify his intent, or the Mods make contact with him, it's no good sharpening the pitchforks and lighting the torches based on opinion and supposition.

Just my 2p.

i suppose the main point really as you say if there aren't any specific rules being broken.

i mean he's not scamming anyone and if people are happy to pay retail prices for secondhand kit then that's their decision.

47 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Don't get me wrong - he could very well be a retailer. But without real evidence, and a change (or clarification) of the Classified rules, it's unfair to keep calling for him to be banned. You've done it a couple of times now in this thread.

I just think that the Classifieds should be for the usage of people who actually contribute to the forum rather than the private selling ground of one person which is what he turns it into at times with his spamming of adverts.  But as Adolf says, I dont run the place nor pay for it and this is just my opinion.

Though Jedi did say this on 25 May:

We do not let retailers use the site.  However, a member who follows the rules can sell in the Classifieds. Whilst there may be very many adverts, at least they are actually in legible English, with decent photographs, and prices; which is something some other members fail to achieve.

Upto you to judge whether he is a retailer or not. I think he qualifies.  Either way I will shut up about it now and just block him

• Head Moderator

Moderator Message

There is a limit of 14 live adverts per 7 days.

Much of the activity (traffic) on the forum is via the Classifieds. Whilst it would be beneficial for all members to actively contribute, they are not required (via post count limit) to do so.

Breaches of the forum / Classifieds rules will be dealt with by the Mods.

Sellers can ask what they like, the buyer has the choice to accept the figure or not. And this topic is to highlight dreamers asking outrageous prices for secondhand goods.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

But offering it as collection only sharply reduces the potential market.

I'd list the gun as postable - granted with the risks of that - and see if I could find a local buyer for the case.

Regarding the risks of posting expensive toys, I wouldn't deal with someone who comes across as a professional angry man, either as a seller or a buyer.

without having to explain myself over the other day I have spoken to hitman2 and cleared the air...this matter is now closed 

It’s a TWO tone £550 TM recoil.....! 3 months old apparently...... and he bought it in blue so that he could paint it in blue camo coz that makes you invisible when playing deep in the depths of the blue lagoon right?

Oh and then there’s Avenger,......

Speaking to a brick wall here..... 😂

5 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

I just think that the Classifieds should be for the usage of people who actually contribute to the forum rather than the private selling ground of one person which is what he turns it into at times with his spamming of adverts.  But as Adolf says, I dont run the place nor pay for it and this is just my opinion.

That's a fair comment.

I will point out that he seems to have many satisfied buyers (or you could argue 'customers'), that in itself is a good thing for the forum in my opinion. The better the collective reputation of the sellers on here, the more popular this forum will be. You can see that there has been work done to root out scammers with recent announcements and this very thread serves as checks and balances for those who sell on here.

I know you think that he's spamming - but if he's keeping people happy and coming back to the forums looking for more, that's a good thing right? I mean he has more positive feedback and followers than you, me and @Adolf Hamster combined.

6 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I know you think that he's spamming - but if he's keeping people happy and coming back to the forums looking for more, that's a good thing right? I mean he has more positive feedback and followers than you, me and @Adolf Hamster combined.

Thats just cos I am grumpy old git :P That and my offer of free back rubs for everyone keeps getting me shunned for some reason...

He has more positive feedback coz he just keeps selling his private collection coz his wife keeps buying him a lot of toys I mean RIFs. 

On on a positive, he does allow you to collect from his home. 

Oh, I’ve dropped two tone guy to open an appraisals thread. Not sure how’s he’s gonna react to my email though 😂

• Supporters

Doesn't the fact that he hasn't spoken up about his situation ring alarm bells, most people would respond to just getting one ad put on Mack's, he's had loads, all of which have caned him on price, especially without warranty, & alleged "newness" ,yet he keeps schtum ?

Sorry, it's moody, yep no one has to pay his inflated prices, but every time he chucks half a dozen ads on regular users, who actually contribute in threads other than the classifieds get their occasional ads bumped down or off the page, & can do nothing about it for a week, what then, he does it again ?.

@avenger63, speak up, answer your critics, cos frankly nobody believes your just a regular player ?

11 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Doesn't the fact that he hasn't spoken up about his situation ring alarm bells, most people would respond to just getting one ad put on Mack's, he's had loads, all of which have caned him on price, especially without warranty, & alleged "newness" ,yet he keeps schtum ?

Sorry, it's moody, yep no one has to pay his inflated prices, but every time he chucks half a dozen ads on regular users, who actually contribute in threads other than the classifieds get their occasional ads bumped down or off the page, & can do nothing about it for a week, what then, he does it again ?.

@avenger63, speak up, answer your critics, cos frankly nobody believes your just a regular player ?

And the gauntlet is thrown down. This should be interesting.

30 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

And the gauntlet is thrown down. This should be interesting.

I doubt it, they won't reply

• Supporters
1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

I just think that the Classifieds should be for the usage of people who actually contribute to the forum

I'd view it as a gateway for "as new never been scrimmished" sellers to drop into the forums if they want to.

It's particularly funny if they go straight from the classifieds to this thread.

46 minutes ago, Tackle said:

every time he chucks half a dozen ads on regular users, who actually contribute in threads other than the classifieds get their occasional ads bumped down or off the page, & can do nothing about it for a week, what then, he does it again ?.

Fair point, maybe the frequency of ad posting (not just concurrent live ads) could be dialled down a bit.

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Fair point, maybe the frequency of ad posting (not just concurrent live ads) could be dialled down a bit.

i dunno, we're at 14 active ads which for a 7-day expiry time means you're not really posting more than 2 ads a day on average which seems fine to me.

might seem like a lot if a block of them get renewed at once but over time that's not so bad.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i dunno, we're at 14 active ads which for a 7-day expiry time means you're not really posting more than 2 ads a day on average which seems fine to me.

might seem like a lot if a block of them get renewed at once but over time that's not so bad.

The main thing now isnt the frequency of posts its that he/she/it is obviously acting as a retailer.  The posts just provided the evidence for that

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i dunno, we're at 14 active ads

I haven't checked, but is he taking ads down early in order to post new ones?

Also, it's 14 per account.  Has anyone checked IP addresses?

Not great for anyone who posts something similar just before a fresh pile-o-gunz gets dumped.

1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

The main thing now isnt the frequency of posts its that he/she/it is obviously acting as a retailer.  The posts just provided the evidence for that

I'd call caveat emptor on that.

Also, giving the ongoing stocking situation, if he has something for sale that would be cheaper at a retailer if they had any, but they don't, then isn't he offering the best deal?

My only real objection is if he's making it hard for folk to find other sellers. I guess that depends on whether you're visiting the facilities before or after another steaming dump.

• Head Moderator
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Also, it's 14 per account.  Has anyone checked IP addresses?

Not great for anyone who posts something similar just before a fresh pile-o-gunz gets dumped.

My only real objection is if he's making it hard for folk to find other sellers. I guess that depends on whether you're visiting the facilities before or after another steaming dump.

Yes, Mods do make checks.

Sellers need to make better adverts and be competitive. 

Members can use the search tool.

Why does this forum not charge large volume sellers anyhow - I am new here but can see a lot of work has and does go on with the forum.

These high volume seller are on a win win here for sure - reaping all your hard forum work for no return to the forum.

I have seen other forums that have different levels of membership

For example -

Standard Members can list 5 items per month(free membership)

Premium Members can list up 15 items per month(£9.99)

Platinum Member - unlimited listing per month(£14.99)

If someone is or wants to be a seller make them pay.

16 minutes ago, Noddy45 said:

Why does this forum not charge large volume sellers anyhow - I am new here but can see a lot of work has and does go on with the forum.

These high volume seller are on a win win here for sure - reaping all your hard forum work for no return to the forum.

For example -

That's actually not a bad idea. You could then have filters so if you're not interested in high volume sellers you could just look at the regular sellers. Then as a seller you're not worrying so much about getting buried

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Jedi_Master said:

Sellers need to make better adverts and be competitive.

Airsoft eugenics FTW.

I actually agree: if you want to sell, git gud.

35 minutes ago, Noddy45 said:

Why does this forum not charge large volume sellers anyhow

Consider the cost and time required to set up and handle payments from the one or two volume sellers.

23 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

That's actually not a bad idea. You could then have filters so if you're not interested in high volume sellers you could just look at the regular sellers.

That wouldn't work.

"Pay to be a premium seller, so buyers can easily hide your ads from the search results" 

5 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

That wouldn't work.

"Pay to be a premium seller, so buyers can easily hide your ads from the search results" 

No I mean you can filter between the different kinds of sellers, depending on what you're looking for. The point being to level the playing field and stop individual ads from being buried

21 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

That wouldn't work.

I haven’t sold so I don’t know however can you not bump your own ads by simple putting a message in the advert and submitting 

25 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:
1 hour ago, Noddy45 said:

Consider the cost and time required to set up and handle payments from the one or two volume sellers

Could a limit of say 5 ads be set on an account any ads over that from one individual would require a membership upgrade or at least a fee 

I’ve more or less given up selling stuff now, can’t be arsed with volume sellers, but each to their own, no rules being broken.

Personally I wouldn’t buy from volume sellers on principle, but meh, whatever

rdb

• Root Admin

as a consequence of your mods bringing this to my attention:

Number of ads per week reduced to 10 from 14.

15 hours ago, Noddy45 said:

For example -

Believe me, getting free money for hosting is always a plus but one has to consider that the Classifieds are a way of on-boarding new members who head over to the forums and have a discussion, not as a way to make money. We've spent all this time discussing people spamming the Classifieds only to let retailers pay their way in? Seems a little silly, but I understand your point.

The return to the forum is - as mentioned - the fact that we are one of the premier places to list airsoft goods (and buy them). This attracts new traffic to the site (a fraction of which might stick around).

In terms of making this a paid service and the logistics of that, it's actually not too difficult. IPB already has ways of letting you pay your way into a group and from there it's just a case of restricting posts per group (something we already do, because Supporters can list an unlimited number of ads per week). If you're a supporter, please go here to discuss further.

14 hours ago, Noddy45 said:

I haven’t sold so I don’t know however can you not bump your own ads by simple putting a message in the advert and submitting 

Could a limit of say 5 ads be set on an account any ads over that from one individual would require a membership upgrade or at least a fee 

The only way to 'bump' is to relist your ad after it expires.