Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

13 minutes ago, Talltom said:

anyone still believe this guys not a dealer.............

He just has a warehouse for his personal Airsoft collection no biggie 😜

He very clearly is, even if not associated with a retailer. 

This is my favourite:

A second hand WE subcompact and some extra mags for £190 plus postage...bargain!

13 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

“A second hand WE subcompact”

But the magic touch makes it new again. Like most of the guns listed on his profile. 😜

But the magic touch makes it new again like most of the guns listed on his profile 😜

9 hours ago, Daver said:

Not if u add it all up it’s not if ur interested then make a offer also I’m not a dreamer I’m asking the price that I believe it’s worth for the price I paid to put it all together.

Don’t like response don’t say anything in the 1st place....clearly got nothing els to do...grow the fuck up and stop with ur childish little piss take groups

At last a normal response...if this was said in the 1st place my response would of different...and that’s all it needed,not to be tagged into a group called a dreamer...I did ask for a offer to be made....but telling me to be careful is not the response I was after hence my second response ....as for the rest of your post I appreciate what was said and thank you for your suggestions👍🏻

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

Finally, I'd recommend removing the batteries from the bundle and making them an optional extra. I'd also suggest doing the same for the optic and pouch. You may also want to fill in some details such the manufacturer and model of the scope along with the manufacturer of the pouch.

solid advice there

the mistake you're making is trying to sell everything as a single package.

you're selling a vector, meaning your prospective buyer is probably going to be more interested in it as a cqb gun, therefore a magnified optic like that is worthless to them.

same applies for the drum mag, some folk just dont like marracca's hanging off their gun so for those people a drum is just going to be something that's either not going to get used or is hassle for them to sell on.

as freefrag correctly points out if a manufacturer isn't specified and it can't be easily identified from the photos then people reasonably have to assume the worst when estimating value.

for example if i were in the market for a vector and saw that ad what i'd see is a gun, some midcaps, couple of batteries in unknown condition and a bunch of stuff that will either need to be sold on again or end up permanent residents in various boxes of random airsoft bits.

now you could strike lucky and find someone who just happens to want, whilst simultaneously not currently having, exactly the combination of bits your selling. but that's really narrowing your market.

Thanks for the advice and if I can ask your advice....the vector with just the 7 mags one battery and the case what would u say is a fair price...or would u sell the case separate 

3 hours ago, Daver said:

Thanks for the advice and if I can ask your advice....the vector with just the 7 mags one battery and the case what would u say is a fair price...or would u sell the case separate 

Battery essentially worthless secondhand, they’re so cheap new.

two, three mag packs are £120

case is £150

gun is £450

so £720 new

65% is about £470, but personally I’d sell the case on its own

3 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

“personally I’d sell the case on its own”

That’s debatable depending on if you have the original box or not. If you don’t have the original box I would sell with case. But that’s personal preference too. It’s up to you @Daver 👍🏻

I do have the box still but I think the inserts are missing...after speaking to guys it’s swaying me to split down as suggested👍🏻

• Supporters

there's a lesson here for new players:

normally the airsoft community doesn't bat an eyelid at a 2-tones gun because we're all well aware of the issues a newer player faces and the excitement at wanting to get new kit. it's a necessary evil and we accept that.

however, you 2-tone something nice and prepare to be a pariah......

I thought we were going to implement a post requirement for people to use the Ads section or am I misremembering?

Also can we just ban Avenger63 now please? Its clear he is operating essentially as a retailer not a private seller

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

I thought we were going to implement a post requirement for people to use the Ads section or am I misremembering?

i remember it being discussed, but i think the consensus was to stick with using mack's.

21 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Also can we just ban Avenger63 now please? Its clear he is operating essentially as a retailer not a private seller

Playing devils advocate: what exactly has he done wrong? I mean specific rules he has broken? The mods have already said previously that he has, by and large, operated within the forum rules:

To be clear, I've never bought from, communicated with, or met the guy.

6 minutes ago, Heist said:

So I don't end up on here 😄 How much would you guys say I should put up my totally stock Silverback SRS 20" A1 Sport for? Only used it twice just didn't get on with it. Thanks 😃

Post it up in the Appraisals section: https://airsoft-forums.uk/forum/151-appraisals/

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Playing devils advocate: what exactly has he done wrong? I mean specific rules he has broken? The mods have already said previously that he has, by and large, operated within the forum rules:

that is a fair point, i thought there was a specific rule against retailers plying their trade via the classifieds.

i know there are some strict policies about self-promotion for the various retailers on the forum.

• Supporters
On 16/08/2020 at 09:42, Leonine said:

If you don’t have the original box I would sell with case.

But offering it as collection only sharply reduces the potential market.

I'd list the gun as postable - granted with the risks of that - and see if I could find a local buyer for the case.

Regarding the risks of posting expensive toys, I wouldn't deal with someone who comes across as a professional angry man, either as a seller or a buyer.

1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

that is a fair point, i thought there was a specific rule against retailers plying their trade via the classifieds.

Don't get me wrong, It does look a bit fishy on face value.

But I will point out a couple of things -

- 1) He is only selling singular Items, many of which have a 'slight' variance on what you would get on a true NIB gun (i.e. some are wired to deans, have got an extra mag(s) included etc.)

- 2) There isn't much consistency with the brands he sells, he basically covers every major manufacturer from ICS to TM, with a smorgasbord of others in between. That is relatively unusual for all but the bigger retailers.

I think (and I could be wrong) he could buy a fuck-tonne of guns with a large disposable monthly income, and bins off anything he gets bored with/doesn't like fairly quickly.

For context: I work for an Investment Bank, where the even the upper-mid-level guys are on six-figure salaries (not me unfortunately). They could drop a grand or two a month on whatever they want, cover their monthly bills and expenses comfortably, and still jet off for two holidays a year. You should see the car park - there must be £50 million quids worth of cars and motorbikes parked in it (again, not me...)

Again, I do not know this guy at all, but there could very well be other reasons why someone would sell in this manner.

8 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

- 1) He is only selling singular Items, many of which have a 'slight' variance on what you would get on a true NIB gun (i.e. some are wired to deans, have got an extra mag(s) included etc.)

- 2) There isn't much consistency with the brands he sells, he basically covers every major manufacturer from ICS to TM, with a smorgasbord of others in between. That is relatively unusual for all but the bigger retailers.

I think (and I could be wrong) he could buy a fuck-tonne of guns with a large disposable monthly income, and bins off anything he gets bored with/doesn't like fairly quickly.

For context: I work for an Investment Bank, where the even the upper-mid-level guys are on six-figure salaries (not me unfortunately). They could drop a grand or two a month on whatever they want, cover their monthly bills and expenses comfortably, and still jet off for two holidays a year. You should see the car park - there must be £50 million quids worth of cars and motorbikes parked in it (again, not me...)

Again, I do not know this guy at all, but there could very well be other reasons why someone would sell in this manner.

All valid points, but I tend to favour Occams Razor - the simplest solution/explanation etc

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

true, however to counter that argument if he is the type you're describing, how come there aren't any really high end guns? i'm talking fully decked out daytona's etc. sounds like the kind of thing i'd be buying with that kind of cash. same applies to having multiples of the same gun.

if he isn't acting as a retailer then it is problematic to be charging retail prices for secondhand hardware with no warranty (in many cases he's charging more than known retailers like firesupport and even links them in his own ad)

if he is acting as a retailer and providing warranties with his products, then it's down to the forum admins to make a call as to whether or not they're happy with a retailer plying trade via the classifieds, personally i'm not in favour of it but that's just my own opinion and i'm not paying to keep the place running.

16 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

All valid points, but I tend to favour Occams Razor - the simplest solution/explanation etc

But whilst there is another valid explanation, and he is operating within the forum rules, why should he be banned? Your gut feeling? That's not a valid reason either.

Don't get me wrong - he could very well be a retailer. But without real evidence, and a change (or clarification) of the Classified rules, it's unfair to keep calling for him to be banned. You've done it a couple of times now in this thread.

Perhaps a moderator could contact the guy and establish his motivations, just to put the matter to rest?

7 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

true, however to counter that argument if he is the type you're describing, how come there aren't any really high end guns? i'm talking fully decked out daytona's etc. sounds like the kind of thing i'd be buying with that kind of cash. same applies to having multiples of the same gun.

if he isn't acting as a retailer then it is problematic to be charging retail prices for secondhand hardware with no warranty (in many cases he's charging more than known retailers like firesupport and even links them in his own ad)

if he is acting as a retailer and providing warranties with his products, then it's down to the forum admins to make a call as to whether or not they're happy with a retailer plying trade via the classifieds, personally i'm not in favour of it but that's just my own opinion and i'm not paying to keep the place running.

Again, perfectly valid points too. I was just playing devils advocate.

But until either he comes on here to clarify his intent, or the Mods make contact with him, it's no good sharpening the pitchforks and lighting the torches based on opinion and supposition.

Just my 2p.