Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters
17 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Oh dear.... above retail (albeit with a handful of cheapo accessories) on some mediocre guns.

It's actually sad when folk list as a bundle, as though they're likely to find a buyer for them.  OK, in this case he's also listed individual prices, but it's still a poor way to get sales.

And yes, those look like retail prices.

Oh, look, all "brand new in box yet to be used".

What, even the 416 with a Gate Aster fitted? 🤨

Ooh, two broken mags, and for only full retail price!

• Supporters
16 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

[Gate Asters] come fitted to the Edge 2.0 series as standard.

Huh, so they do.  That actually makes for a pretty compelling package: https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/specna-arms-sa-h20-edge-2-0-aeg-rifle?pv=13217

But at £200, not at £350 plus fees for adding a bunch of stuff that you may or may not want, and subtracting the warranty.

1 minute ago, BigStew said:

Gun can be bought for £115 new from patrol base so that better be an expensive scope 

Oh well at least he accepts broken JG 552s in exchange 

That's like the best multi-cam MTP I've seen on a gun... You gotta admit it kinda looks good... 🤣

Although I have had a double shot or two of whiskey...

ConCamo would like to have a word with you :P

54 minutes ago, BigStew said:

Gun can be bought for £115 new from patrol base so that better be an expensive scope 

So he joined the forum about two weeks ago, and his only post is this shite advert?

I feel we should have a minimum post count before being able to advertise

and if they just post up random crap to get to the minimum number, the posts get deleted
(I’ve had a bad day at work and am a tad grumpy ✌️)

• Supporters

That's far from the worst paint job I've seen.  The issue is that people pay for gnus to be customised to their specification.  He's expecting someone to pay for his enjoyment.

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

That's far from the worst paint job I've seen.  The issue is that people pay for gnus to be customised to their specification.  He's expecting someone to pay for his enjoyment.

This is the key thing, the quality of the paint job isnt the issue.

For example i quite like the sigs, and that rifle in its original colours, maybe olive furniture, would be quite nice to me.

But that paint job, again, to me, is just something that would need stripped before i'd want to use it.

I suppose we're all guilty of it to some degree, i know i have guns that are very niche.

18 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

The issue is that people pay for gnus to be customised to their specification.

Comes back to what was discussed earlier re; expensive real steel grips, sights etc.

23 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I suppose we're all guilty of it to some degree, i know i have guns that are very niche.

That's exactly why I'd probably never sell any of my main guns. They've all been built from parts or boneyard guns and have had hundreds pumped into building them exactly how I want them but I know if it came to selling them, they wouldn't sell for more than £300

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

This is the key thing, the quality of the paint job isnt the issue.

For example i quite like the sigs, and that rifle in its original colours, maybe olive furniture, would be quite nice to me.

But that paint job, again, to me, is just something that would need stripped before i'd want to use it.

Buy a gun to enjoy it do what ever you want to it. just always assume any paint job will lose by value.

29 minutes ago, BigStew said:

Buy a gun to enjoy it do what ever you want to it. just always assume any paint job will lose by value.

This is so true which is why none of my guns are painted... Once that's done no matter how good it is the gun will surely lose value unless the buyer is a Camo junkie himself.. (meant in the nicest possible way...)

• Supporters
2 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

That's exactly why I'd probably never sell any of my main guns. They've all been built from parts or boneyard guns and have had hundreds pumped into building them exactly how I want them but I know if it came to selling them, they wouldn't sell for more than £300

49 minutes ago, BigStew said:

there's nothing inherently wrong with doing up a gun how you want, as long as you aren't under any illusions that you are reducing your target market.

• Supporters

7 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Comes back to what was discussed earlier re; expensive real steel grips, sights etc.

I guess if you find a buyer who gasps "That's exactly what I've always dreamed of!  But can't be bothered spending 20 minutes fitting myself!" then you're quids in.  It's pretty optimistic though.

5 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

there's nothing inherently wrong with doing up a gun how you want, as long as you aren't under any illusions that you are reducing your target market.

Tru dat. I'm currently turning a CYMA CM.123 AEP (target market likely 0) into a WH40K laspistol.  In the unlikely event that I can be bothered to do a good enough job, I might be able to flog it on Etsy to a cosplayer who doesn't care if it pews or not.  But in the airsoft world, the target market is 1, me.  Don't let your dreams be memes, but don't plan your retirement on them either.

25 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I guess if you find a buyer who gasps "That's exactly what I've always dreamed of!  But can't be bothered spending 20 minutes fitting myself!" then you're quids in.  It's pretty optimistic though.

Tru dat. I'm currently turning a CYMA CM.123 AEP (target market likely 0) into a WH40K laspistol.  In the unlikely event that I can be bothered to do a good enough job, I might be able to flog it on Etsy to a cosplayer who doesn't care if it pews or not.  But in the airsoft world, the target market is 1, me.  Don't let your dreams be memes, but don't plan your retirement on them either.

It can go the other way too. I had an idea for a for an uzi style AEG with a funky custom gearbox after the disappointment that was the MP7 AEG. I posted it to go get lol at this cool thing I'm working on and I had loads of interest about buying it and even people offering help to bring it to market! Of course I'm not getting my hopes up but sometimes these things people really do want what you can make

• Supporters
4 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

I had an idea for a for an uzi style AEG with a funky custom gearbox after the disappointment that was the MP7 AEG

When Luke at Negative Airsoft got to the end of his VFC MP7 build and said "Put this technology inside an Uzi", I howled in agreement.

Please make it happen.

16 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

When Luke at Negative Airsoft got to the end of his VFC MP7 build and said "Put this technology inside an Uzi", I howled in agreement.

Please make it happen.

It's going to be something of a sci fi Uzi. It uses the right mags though

FB_IMG_1596230141151.jpg