Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

3 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

I see a lot of people, especially speedsofters/cqb players using their middle finger on the trigger. Is that actually faster than using your index?

It can be for some - when I played paintball with mechanical guns (Autocockers), I was faster shooting with my middle finger than my index.

• Head Moderator
1 hour ago, PopRocket123 said:

"Barrel length doesn't matter"

#BarrelLengthMatters :)

3 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

This was doing the rounds on social media recently:

Shrt1.JPG.0113ea60166d40170eeb2d47de998c8c.JPG

TBH, i don't know what's worse...the short barrel...or the short shorts...

Dear god ! that's something you can't un see 🤢

2 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I'm assuming in the buffer tube.

Must be very short given how close the thing is to his mask. Probably doesn't actually fire, he just runs around shouting 'pew' at people 

8 minutes ago, Nick G said:

Must be very short given how close the thing is to his mask. Probably doesn't actually fire, he just runs around shouting 'pew' at people 

Ah, you mean the picture, not the advert. I think it’s an HPA gun. 

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Ah, you mean the picture, not the advert. I think it’s an HPA gun. 

Not seeing an airline? Not that i want to look at that picture for any length of time.....

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

This was doing the rounds on social media recently:

Shrt1.JPG.0113ea60166d40170eeb2d47de998c8c.JPG

TBH, i don't know what's worse...the short barrel...or the short shorts...

Everything, & I mean literally everything in that picture is wrong 🤮

dreamer or chancer?

Pistol is £150 new

Mags £22,

So 60% would be much closer to £150 , without case, cosmetic bits & holster

Sure all the other bits are in there as well....thoughts

• Supporters
15 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

I see a lot of people, especially speedsofters/cqb players using their middle finger on the trigger. Is that actually faster than using your index?

I prefer it.  You get a stronger and more direct pull, and can "point shoot", literally pointing your index finger at your doomed victim.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_shooting

It was taught as a technique into the early 20th century but has fallen out of favour because of fairly obvious issues with blowback slides, and with trigger discipline, as covered here: http://www.theppsc.org/Staff_Views/Aveni/Vermont_Technique.htm

• Supporters

Jesus wept, I mean, if they were punting it on for postage cost with a mag, maybe.  But £35 for plastic spares, no thank you, I'll pass on that even if I have become a bit P90-curious recently.

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, osteoshot said:

Lol, Another one trying to redefine the definition of "new" in order to justify a high price, in that alleged hour of gameplay it might have had 5000 bbs through it ffs.

2 hours ago, Tackle said:

Lol, Another one trying to redefine the definition of "new" in order to justify a high price, in that alleged hour of gameplay it might have had 5000 bbs through it ffs.

Also I can't exactly place why but people referring to airsoft guns as "weapons" bothers me.

On 22/07/2020 at 17:46, PopRocket123 said:

I used to use that technique when playing Time Crisis in the arcades, it does work. But funnily enough  I havent tried it at airsoft, I guess as I pick my targets and dont spam the trigger.

• Supporters
22 hours ago, Tackle said:

its also something worth questioning as to why he's selling it after only an hours use.

now granted the ppsh isn't exactly the worlds most ergonomic gun and maybe he just doesn't like the feel of it, but why not specifically say that's why he's selling?

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

its also something worth questioning as to why he's selling it after only an hours use.

now granted the ppsh isn't exactly the worlds most ergonomic gun and maybe he just doesn't like the feel of it, but why not specifically say that's why he's selling?

To grift a profit on it, it seems.  £280 including postage (plus whatever PayPal fees he slaps on the top) for something that can be had for under £180 delivered from bbguns4less (with 7% 'secret' discount), if they had it in stock.

Which they don't, so he does have a fair point.  It's a case of how much you want one, and where else you could get it.

Cheeky fecker listing it as new though.  Sites shouldn't even allow this.  "Didn't work last time I used or" or "Worked last time I used it" should be the categories.

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Sites shouldn't even allow this.  "Didn't work last time I used or" or "Worked last time I used it" should be the categories.

can we please have the categories on here changed to that :lol: