Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

2 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

Everything has been changed, except for two of the most important bits...

This^😂

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

not to mention, and this methinks is the more important point, that a stock gun put together by someone who knows what they're at can shoot as well if not better than a gun haphazardly thrown together from the most premium parts you can get.

So true, I'm fed up seeing "getting a new/first gun, what upgrades should I do" threads, just use it FFS, as your likely to fook it up trying to throw money at it.

Some great budget guns out there, I'd rather buy two variants, instead of buying one & then spending as much again trying to make it something it's not, nor will it ever be lol.

7 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i dunno, you gotta start somewhere, 

This has gone off topic but I will just say that the main issue I've seen is a lot of new players seem to be under the impression that if you want to improve the gears you just unscrew the gearbox and chuck an expensive set in. The key ingredient to actually "upgrading" your gun is fine tuning so all the parts work exactly as they should and in unison with the others.

I realise that this one may have already been posted but here's another contender: Link (really need to look up how to embed these links to give a preview).

It's an ASG B&T MP9A1 and it is priced at £380.00 which includes:

• MP9 £200 
  • Red dot sight £35
  • 3 Extra magazine £44.99 each (leak free magazine) 
  • MP9 QD Suppresor Quick detach £55

The price isn't that far off the full retail price. Admittedly it does look in good condition as far as the externals go.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

This has gone off topic but I will just say that the main issue I've seen is a lot of new players seem to be under the impression that if you want to improve the gears you just unscrew the gearbox and chuck an expensive set in. The key ingredient to actually "upgrading" your gun is fine tuning so all the parts work exactly as they should and in unison with the others.

this is indeed true, i think the issue is that a lot of what you see/read tends to be "do x to get y" when the reality is it's a multi-variable problem and whilst often advice can be right for one aspect of the problem, it won't do much on its own.

eg when folk ask for range you'll hear "sort your air seal", "upgrade your hop" or "run heavy ammo" when the reality is you've got to do all 3.

or the other big mistake, is assuming that cost=performance=fun.

4 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

I realise that this one may have already been posted but here's another contender: Link (really need to look up how to embed these links to give a preview).

It's an ASG B&T MP9A1 and it is priced at £380.00 which includes:

• MP9 £200 
  • Red dot sight £35
  • 3 Extra magazine £44.99 each (leak free magazine) 
  • MP9 QD Suppresor Quick detach £55

The price isn't that far off the full retail price. Admittedly it does look in good condition as far as the externals go.

Just copy and paste the url...

Agreed, at 70% of retail this should be around the 300 mark. Likely put a higher ask to expect people to negotiate him down. Still about £30 too much for that though really.

Is a tidy looking gun though. 

I paid £320 all in for one with 3 mags and the same parts, mine also had the cqb bolt installed, seller doesnt mention in this if it has it, it says 340fps so maybe it has but if it doesnt then its likely to be higher, its also a hard to find part and costs £50. 

1 hour ago, Albiscuit said:

Agreed, at 70% of retail this should be around the 300 mark. Likely put a higher ask to expect people to negotiate him down. Still about £30 too much for that though really.

Is a tidy looking gun though. 

I paid £320 all in for one with 3 mags and the same parts, mine also had the cqb bolt installed, seller doesnt mention in this if it has it, it says 340fps so maybe it has but if it doesnt then its likely to be higher, its also a hard to find part and costs £50. 

To be honest at £300 + P&P I'd definitely have it off him on payday.

Me too tbh, even though I have one. I need another mag and that silencer :D  

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Super64 said:

https://prefired.co.uk/ads/mws-fully-upgraded/

🤔 em, hang on a minute and I’ll get on to Switzerland and move some money around 😂

Twice the price of a brand new one, 4 extra mags, a Daniel Defence rail and a scope. But hang on, because it’s fully upgraded, so bargain.

man tm are bastions of elegant simple design, i never realized the hop arm and the barrel were the only internal parts on an mws!

11 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

man tm are bastions of elegant simple design, i never realized the hop arm and the barrel were the only internal parts on an mws!

with Tms magic you don't actually need the hop up its just an added bonus🤣

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Super64 said:

Bog standard out the box TM or a “fully upgraded” one, work carried out by god knows who? I’m taking the standard one for half the price thanks.

what worries me more is that the specific products aren't listed, or maybe i'm just weird that i can list the internals of my guns from memory?

15 hours ago, Super64 said:

https://prefired.co.uk/ads/mws-fully-upgraded/

🤔 em, hang on a minute and I’ll get on to Switzerland and move some money around 😂

Twice the price of a brand new one, 4 extra mags, a Daniel Defence rail and a scope. But hang on, because it’s fully upgraded, so bargain.

“I think it’s a fair price” 

yea, everyone else thinks you need to put down the crack pipe 

So I don't end up on this thread, what's a sensible price to ask for a stock LCT Keymod 9.5? It goes for £350 on Patrol Base, only £240 on Fire Support though but it's not in stock and I have no idea when it was last in stock so it could be just permanently out of stock and not updated.

35 minutes ago, Lollingsgrad said:

So I don't end up on this thread, what's a sensible price to ask for a stock LCT Keymod 9.5? It goes for £350 on Patrol Base, only £240 on Fire Support though but it's not in stock and I have no idea when it was last in stock so it could be just permanently out of stock and not updated.

there is an appraisals section. but depends on age and what accessories you have. the in stock price should be your base line. Fire support don't change their offer prices still some thing is back in stock can dash your hope quite a bit. 

• Supporters

So the rifle is £420 (first result on google, i'm sure its cheaper with some sleuthing)

We gut the gearbox and get rid of all of those internal bits that definately aren't worth anything on the secondhand market.

Then we add our shiny new inferno gen 2 spartan for £290

Which leaves us at £710 brand new, did i mention that comes with a warranty on the engine as well?

On 25/06/2020 at 12:38, Albiscuit said:

Me too tbh, even though I have one. I need another mag and that silencer :D  

Always fancied one - they worth it over say a TM MP7?

8 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Always fancied one - they worth it over say a TM MP7?

I would say no, but in all honesty I have not used the mp9 in a game. Only shot it indoors (and my old one on a site before a game as it was too hot to use).

I think the Tm mp7 is possibly the the most fun I have had in airsoft. And it feels right to use and hold, but then I am a smg whore :D  
I would say it’s just a smaller mp7. Has a good kick and makes you smile when you hit something looks cool though and you don’t see many of them around.

Worth picking up if you see a deal though I would say. But find one with the cqb bolt, a few mags and the silencer if you want it as they all seem perpetually out of stock.

I wouldn’t be put off by a big bundle either as I think the parts would sell pretty well individually 

57 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

I would say no, but in all honesty I have not used the mp9 in a game. Only shot it indoors (and my old one on a site before a game as it was too hot to use).

I think the Tm mp7 is possibly the the most fun I have had in airsoft. And it feels right to use and hold, but then I am a smg whore :D  
I would say it’s just a smaller mp7. Has a good kick and makes you smile when you hit something looks cool though and you don’t see many of them around.

Worth picking up if you see a deal though I would say. But find one with the cqb bolt, a few mags and the silencer if you want it as they all seem perpetually out of stock.

I wouldn’t be put off by a big bundle either as I think the parts would sell pretty well individually 

Fire Support just got a few in as well as a load of mags.  I had an MP7 previously and sold it as wasn't being used, ultimately I don't need a new gun but we all know how that ends....