Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

11 minutes ago, E21A said:

“Easy to adjust from 300-400 fps🤔🤔🤔

It’s a bit of an exaggeration but not total bollocks. I’ve got about a 50-60fps variation moving the spring guide from the outermost and innermost settings.

Still wouldn’t pay that for a second hand gun tho!

• Supporters

This caught my attention, mainly because I like the fal/SLR family, then I saw the price, wtf, I'm thinking he's optimistic to the tune of £100-£150 ?, Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong ?

https://forums.zeroin.co.uk/forum/classifieds/rifles-smg-s-for-sale/electric-rifles-smg-s/3147837-classic-army-dsa-sa58-osw

13 minutes ago, Tackle said:

This caught my attention, mainly because I like the fal/SLR family, then I saw the price, wtf, I'm thinking he's optimistic to the tune of £100-£150 ?, Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong ?

https://forums.zeroin.co.uk/forum/classifieds/rifles-smg-s-for-sale/electric-rifles-smg-s/3147837-classic-army-dsa-sa58-osw

I really wanted one of these but when jd Airsoft were selling them they appeared to be £125 cheaper than BB guns 4 less now have it up at. Regardless I feel £300 would be a closer price for this but someone may buy it. 

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, osteoshot said:

I really wanted one of these but when jd Airsoft were selling them they appeared to be £125 cheaper than BB guns 4 less now have it up at. Regardless I feel £300 would be a closer price for this but someone may buy it. 

That's the price I had in mind, I too want one but if I was blowing £450 I'd do it on an all singing all dancing L1A1, ideally with plenty of mags, CA fals nice but the JG version from one of the polish shops performs just as well for way less dosh.

On 08/06/2020 at 17:14, AlphaBear said:

Moving on a tad.... Silverback HTI.... holy crap!. Have you seen the one for sale on prefred? It's like £1K... I had no idea a base model costs like £899!. I mean that's a lot of dosh for any gun (except a Systema PTW)!!

Is it like the ultimate sniper or what?

https://prefired.co.uk/ads/silverback-hti-fully-upgraded-with-edgi/

I've been deliberating going back to the SRS platform given the latest Gen has just been released, whilst the HTI is a beast, for what he's offering / what's with the package - if it can be verified with whom supplied it then the price is reasonable. however the god awful paint job has me running to the hills so one I'll pass on by

• Supporters

so here we have a wonderful case of lazy advertising.

i'm well aware that a sufficiently well put together hi-capa with high quality parts assembled by a reputable tech is an expensive proposition.

however how in gods name am i supposed to work out if i want to drop £800 of my hard earned on such a gun when the seller doesn't even bother to set out the parts list? or at least name-drop the tech he used if he doesn't know it himself?

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Eamzyy said:

I’ll update it for you 

Update it for yourself mate, no one in their right mind will offer you anything without some validation.

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Eamzyy said:

I did say message for parts list . Either way I fixed it and I apologise 

No apology needed mate, wasn't digging you out per se, guys here are super helpful, almost to the point of spoonfeeding lol, but at the same time we can be a bit critical, especially when it comes to this thread.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Tackle said:

No apology needed mate, wasn't digging you out per se, guys here are super helpful, almost to the point of spoonfeeding lol, but at the same time we can be a bit critical, especially when it comes to this thread.

true, i'm kinda regretting jumping in so quickly with the scathing analysis now.

In stock on PatrolBase for £279.95

By my maths- £243 worth of upgrades

So on the surface a good deal, up until you see "under fps". According to a discord post- under fps here is actually 100 fps under what it should be. 

Yeah... in my mind that makes the upgrades worth exactly £0 because I've got no idea where the issue is. Yes is most likely an air seal issue and probably easy to fix but you never know. 

My advice, get it to a tech and firing at a good fps and then post it back up at the same price. Hell can probably even as for more (£523 * 0.6 = 313)

• Supporters

golden rule of airsoft- be very wary of anything that's "likely an easy fix"

because the question then becomes if it's an easy fix then why doesn't the owner want to fix it?

in this case it looks likely to be poor air seal, something someone confident in tech work is probably going to be tinkering with on any gun they buy anyway (even brand new), however it could also be something more sinister, like stripped teeth or a mangled spring. also potentially worrying on a high speed build that looks like it's taken a fair few names.

on a side note this is also one of the stronger arguments for anyone wanting to learn tech work, takes a lot of headache and worry out of secondhand buying if you have the confidence to know that you can deal with any hidden problems.

8 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

on a side note this is also one of the stronger arguments for anyone wanting to learn tech work, takes a lot of headache and worry out of secondhand buying if you have the confidence to know that you can deal with any hidden problems

I feel like this gas guns, but they are an order of magnitude easier to work on, in my experience, and another order of magnitude more satisfying 🙂

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

I feel like this gas guns, but they are an order of magnitude easier to work on, in my experience, and another order of magnitude more satisfying 🙂

can depend on what's up with it.

problem i have with gas guns is a lot of the time you're talking proprietary parts which on it's own isnt a problem, until one of said parts is the one that needs a fixin.

however granted for the most part inspecting key parts for the common failures is a fair bit easier than the rigmarole of pulling and splitting a gearbox.

54 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Exactly my experience with buying the WE MSK being an “easy fix” only to discover that there’s a whole reddit novel dedicated to telling WE their designer/engineer should be sacked and everyone’s converted them to HPA... 

^ But agreed... once they work, has guns are another level of fun to have a play with 🤣

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

More a dig at when people say "fully upgraded"

yep

no gun is ever fully upgraded.

the closest ive managed still has the original outer barrel....

4 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

yep

no gun is ever fully upgraded.

the closest ive managed still has the original outer barrel....

By definition, no gun can be. As soon as it is, it becomes triggers broom 😂😂

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

By definition, no gun can be. As soon as it is, it becomes triggers broom 😂😂

not to mention, and this methinks is the more important point, that a stock gun put together by someone who knows what they're at can shoot as well if not better than a gun haphazardly thrown together from the most premium parts you can get.