Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

Guest Tommycupra
On 31/05/2020 at 12:31, BigStew said:

I agree but i have always wonder why M11A1 lose so much value. there are variations in quality between the ASG/KWA/KSC but the cheapest i have seen and ASG in stock is £135, a KSC is about £180 and the mags start at £40 (not in UK more like £50.00) hell the proper silencers are £40ish if you can find one. You are right they aren't massively skirmishable which means a second hand one should be relatively unused but yet to sell they have to be dirt cheap. 

Rubbish, kwa/asg (same gun) m11a1s are perfectly skirmishalble out of the box.. I've ran one for years.. As long as they are lubed properly and the inner frame within the top receiver dosnt get bent they are golden and have very few issues with a brilliantly simple design! 

• Supporters
40 minutes ago, Tommycupra said:

Rubbish, kwa/asg (same gun) m11a1s are perfectly skirmishalble out of the box.. I've ran one for years.. As long as they are lubed properly and the inner frame within the top receiver dosnt get bent they are golden and have very few issues with a brilliantly simple design! 

My reference wasn't in relation to technical qualities, that appeared to be great, I just wasn't happy with a gun that emptied a mag in less than two seconds, the fire rate on mine was phenomenal, but that's not how I play so hence I soon sold it.

didnt get on with my glock 18c either,  prob for the same reasons.

i like my guns like my wimmin, bit on the slow side lol 😂 

22 minutes ago, Tommycupra said:

they function perfectly they are just not much use at a game. 

Guest Tommycupra
1 hour ago, Tackle said:

My reference wasn't in relation to technical qualities, that appeared to be great, I just wasn't happy with a gun that emptied a mag in less than two seconds, the fire rate on mine was phenomenal, but that's not how I play so hence I soon sold it.

didnt get on with my glock 18c either,  prob for the same reasons.

i like my guns like my wimmin, bit on the slow side lol 😂 

You know there's a selector lever right? Haha

7 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

The price ain't bad but oh sweet lord look at that paint job... camo? Who does that to a perfectly nice Marui 416? Who? Who?

https://prefired.co.uk/ads/t-m-416-next-gen-with-alot-of-accessories/

spacer.png

I'm going to low ball them, say £250 for kicks and that it's shocking paint.....

• Mostly Retired Moderators

To be fair with the sheer amount of stuff you get with that gun, I'd probably be happy to buy it for £350.

I'd spend an afternoon with some rubbing alcohol and a tooth brush, and take it back to black.

Sell it again for £350 with just gun, mags and battery.

Then sell the Red Dot, PEQ, Fore-grip, 2 Stocks, Torch and Grenade launcher separately.

You'd probably come away £100-£120 up.

53 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

To be fair with the sheer amount of stuff you get with that gun, I'd probably be happy to buy it for £350.

I'd spend an afternoon with some rubbing alcohol and a tooth brush, and take it back to black.

Sell it again for £350 with just gun, mags and battery.

Then sell the Red Dot, PEQ, Fore-grip, 2 Stocks, Torch and Grenade launcher separately.

You'd probably come away £100-£120 up.

You can actually use rubbing alcohol to take the paint off? I never thought of doing that! Will it not affect the original paintwork or the plastic grip or the plastic stock?

Army Armament R501 available brand new for £80-90. Guys asking for offers and already turned down £65.

Aaaand this kids is why we have Macks. A quick google might have told him that £120 wasn't a bargain price.........

Screenshot_20200604-103543_WhatsApp.jpg

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Yeah there are some retailers taking the piss with that gun. It's sub-£100 mostly.

Taiwangun is around £77 last I checked.

Bespoke & Patrolbase is £89. 

308 Sniper is £110.

A2 in Reading has it up at £120.

I've been told that the wholesale price from UK distributor iWholesales is £85

So some are making next to nothing (for some reason?)  and some are making a decent 40% mark up on cost.

On 03/06/2020 at 10:13, AlphaBear said:

You can actually use rubbing alcohol to take the paint off? I never thought of doing that! Will it not affect the original paintwork or the plastic grip or the plastic stock?

Fairy Power Spray used to be really good for getting krylon off but i heard they've changed the formula. It was also safe enough for plastic. As long as the original paint was decently applied in the first place, you could get a gun roughly 'back to black' - although not factory fresh.

Personally, for a TM 416, I would have it stripped to bare metal and sent for Cerakote.

https://prefired.co.uk/ads/rare-gg-ak-highly-modded/

£400 for a  supposedly rare G&G AKs-74U  that can be found at softairgames  for  € 269  https://www.softairgames.net/en/ak-dragunov/19327-electric-rifle-gks74u-full-metal-real-wood-ak74u-gg-gg-rk74-u.html 

And then Icing on top the "upgrades" installed mean that if you fire the AK on full auto  for more then a undefined short burst you break  the gun.   

Cost them £470 in total but happy to let you have the dumpster fire for £400

13 minutes ago, Sniper780 said:

£400 for a  supposedly rare G&G AKs-74U  that can be found at softairgames  for  € 269  https://www.softairgames.net/en/ak-dragunov/19327-electric-rifle-gks74u-full-metal-real-wood-ak74u-gg-gg-rk74-u.html 

And then Icing on top the "upgrades" installed mean that if you fire the AK on full auto  for more then a short burst you break 

the gun.   

Rather buy a brand new £130 Metal CYMA AK from TaiwanGun, throw £100 of parts at it (Motor, hop bucking, MOSFET etc) and end up with a gun that performs the same, if not better. Then I would use the £170 to buy another CYMA AK as a backup gun (because why not?), and still have some money left over.

I love this bit: The guns lever has been welded back on and dip coated. Doesn’t effect guns play.

17 minutes ago, Sniper780 said:

And then Icing on top the "upgrades" installed mean that if you fire the AK on full auto  for more then a undefined short burst you break  the gun.   

so I'm not very good at counting but I go 1 2 3 4 5 but he seems to go 1 2 4 5 

but as a welder I must be doing it wrong as when I weld its not supposed to be able to move so how do you move a welded lever to allow you to go full tonto?

• Supporters
22 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

"some sort of hardened gearbox shell"

Wtf is that about, are the regular shells made from jelly ?.

The guys a proper tool, reading between the lines it should say "totally bodged AK, strictly sold as seen, mugs only need apply" 

😠

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Tackle said:

The guys a proper tool, reading between the lines it should say "totally bodged AK, strictly sold as seen, mugs only need apply" 

😠

Agreed. If i was going to upgrade a gun that much i'd at least bother to know what parts are actually in it and who did the work...

25 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

And avenger is at it again spamming boards with ads.  At this point its obvious he is a retailer, is there anything the Mods can do?

30 adverts ongoing at the mo and that's not including the completed/uncompleted ones

32 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

And avenger is at it again spamming boards with ads.  At this point its obvious he is a retailer, is there anything the Mods can do?

This was raised a few pages back. Perhaps there should be a cap on the number ads you can have concurrently?

3 hours ago, Sniper780 said:

2 hours ago, Tackle said:

😠

i still can’t get over this advert in prefired... the gun should be listed as Boneyard.

that thing looks and sounds like it would have been less damaged had it been in the Blitz. Let alone trying to charge more than retail for “upgrades” which let’s be honest... is just glorified damage