Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Sounds like they had the same suspicions! 

I'm possibly just being salty but yeah it's a bit annoying when within 24hrs your listing has been pushed about 20 down the list and 15 are from the same seller.

Yeah, funny that ?😏

Surely he'd affect other sellers less if he'd list multiple rifs in one thread ?

• Supporters
4 hours ago, zwright01 said:

Hey All, 

This isnt related to any advert in particular however i really need to have a rant. 

What is it with people gucciing up a gun and then putting it on sale for more than retail without airsoft tech cetificate/warranty. like nah man i do not trust some kid with poundland tools trying to install a gate titan or drilling holes into a piston cylinder. Is it just me that finds this so annoying? Likw how gallous to you have to be to sell something thats second hand for retail or more price

that's pretty much what this thread is about.

the problem with folk teching their guns either professionally or at an amateur level is there's no standardisation or qualification, pretty much we have to rely on reputation.

it's why learning those skills yourself is well worth the effort, means you can afford to risk it and fix any problems yourself.

Guest Tommycupra
5 hours ago, zwright01 said:

Hey All, 

This isnt related to any advert in particular however i really need to have a rant. 

What is it with people gucciing up a gun and then putting it on sale for more than retail without airsoft tech cetificate/warranty. like nah man i do not trust some kid with poundland tools trying to install a gate titan or drilling holes into a piston cylinder. Is it just me that finds this so annoying? Likw how gallous to you have to be to sell something thats second hand for retail or more price

It depends on the seller tbh, personal opinion that I'll probably get flack for, but just because something had been upgraded by a "tech" dosn't mean the work has been done right or to a high standard. ( I could be wrong, but there's no airsoft accreditation similar to imi, or gas certified etc? Or is there 🤷‍♂️ )When ever I'm selling a gun I'll talk through in exact detail and field strip to show the quality of work that I've done to show the buyer so I know they're happy. You can usually get an idea of how competent the person is when it comes to airsoft guns by just speaking to them and seeing how long they've been in the sport for and what guns they've had in the past.  But yea I agree there are plenty of people doing shit jobs on "upgrades" and then charging more than what you could by a new gun for. 

3 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Interesting post that has been put on Zeroin yesterday https://forums.zeroin.co.uk/forum/classifieds/rate-a-trader/3141481-avenger63

Ah the classic "yes this guy is great and definitely not exactly what everyone is accusing him of". Who wants to bet he knows/is avenger

3 minutes ago, Talltom said:

a new old one:

so anyone else seeing the same thing I am here

awesome, ten quid for fixing the wiring, at least he started out honest 👍🏻

Guest Tommycupra
1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

awesome, ten quid for fixing the wiring, at least he started out honest 👍🏻

The whole brand new, unused thing gets me in adverts, it's ceases to be brand new the moment you own it from actual new. Can't even state as in new condition as the wiring is fucked. 

5 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

that's pretty much what this thread is about.

the problem with folk teching their guns either professionally or at an amateur level is there's no standardisation or qualification, pretty much we have to rely on reputation.

it's why learning those skills yourself is well worth the effort, means you can afford to risk it and fix any problems yourself.

i heard on the grape vine that DavesCustomAirsift is trying to organise proper airsoft creditation. Now wether he suceeds or not, i think thats a great fking idea to have some authoritative body certifying someones ability.

5 hours ago, zwright01 said:

i heard on the grape vine that DavesCustomAirsift is trying to organise proper airsoft creditation.

Would that "grape vine" be their Facebook page? 🤔

7 hours ago, zwright01 said:

DavesCustomAirsift

To be honest I would be very sceptical to the point of not trusting Dave's Custom Airsoft  they have practice some very dodgy selling practises in the past.   

1 hour ago, Sniper780 said:

To be honest I would be very sceptical to the point of not trusting Dave's Custom Airsoft  they have practice some very dodgy selling practises in the past.   

i have noticed some His stuff can be a bit pricey

anyone seen this zoomer as well? 

4 hours ago, zwright01 said:

That is one factor. But they are not all away truthful about the actually manufacture of the products they sell selling, noticeably selling cheap Chinese clones but claiming they are real steel parts and charging real steel prices.    

• Supporters
1 hour ago, zwright01 said:

Not sure i'd call sub £500 daytona's dreamer territory?

3 hours ago, zwright01 said:

I know the Daytona in that list was bought by someone on AFUK (Go back a few pages) and is currently up for sale. If the list price is to be believed then the guy who bought it and is now selling it on has added £200 on to the price. That'd be more of a reason to complain than that listing. That being said Daytona's cost £1200-1500 depending on the version you get and work done for the install so most than justified in the price.

MP9

Going to add this one into the thread. The seller is looking for £250.00 for an MP9 with a PEQ-15 replica of some description and a foregrip. While this in and of itself isn't necessarily an issue it appears as though the gun doesn't have the CQB bolt fitted (my understanding is that it frequently chrono's above your average UK site allowance without it) and the gun hasn't been touched in 8 years, according to the seller's advert, even going so far as to state it has never been fired within that time period nor did the seller test it at point of purchase.

Let's be honest, there's a good chance every single seal has dried out and probably perished by this stage with the added bonus that the gun itself won't have had any maintenance performed over that period either. The seller claims it is in "good condition" which I would agree with in terms of the externals but internally this is potentially a thing of nightmares.

On a side note, I wish I could remember how to embed ad's.

Just now, Adolf Hamster said:

wtf did i just read!? :wacko:

awesome isn’t it, And deserved of Its place here I think

7 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

awesome isn’t it, And deserved of Its place here I think

He's the UK tester for TM products and obviously a Glock expert, how could you possibly criticise? 😅

30 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

It’s a wanted ad, but one of the best airsoft dreamers I’ve come across in a while @Tezza 😂😂

Screenshot for when it gets taken down. Cos after all, looks like he's actually asking for an air pistol.
Note to everyone - watch out for your sliders, they can become worn with use...

On a side note, I was really excited to find out that a company that doesn't even sell their products to markets outside Japan is actively using people from markets they don't sell to for testing of the products not intended for sale in the markets where they reside!
I'd love to be part of that programme and can't wait to find out more about it!

Screenshot 2020-05-29 at 10.54.40.png