Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

13 minutes ago, Encore said:

What makes you reckon he'd bought at wholesale prices? Curious to know how you judge or you just going off he's selling exactly at common retail price?

Hopefully he see this and decides to be reasonable and adjust his price. Hell I even did the maths for him and provided proof I ain't pulling my new price out my ass. 

We'll see though. 

because he has advertised dozens and dozens of new, unused guns, at prices very close to retail, but claimed they are part of his unused collection

Just now, rocketdogbert said:

because he has advertised dozens and dozens of new, unused guns, at prices very close to retail, but claimed they are part of his unused collection

Ah right, didn't scope his profile out. Yeah, that's definitely suspect and regardless or use or not. If you're not a retailer its 2nd hand and price needs to reflect that.

3 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

100% he’s bought at wholesale, selling at retail (or near enough) with no guarantees, dodgy as 

3 hours ago, Encore said:

What makes you reckon he'd bought at wholesale prices? Curious to know how you judge or you just going off he's selling exactly at common retail price?

Hopefully he see this and decides to be reasonable and adjust his price. Hell I even did the maths for him and provided proof I ain't pulling my new price out my ass. 

We'll see though. 

This person was flagged up a few pages back. Either a site owner or event organiser as there was recently a thread about some ideas for games (it was a link by me but I've been to sleep since then).

Guess who's back, back again
Sciep1's back, tell a friend
Guess who's back, guess who's back?
Guess who's back?

On 25/05/2020 at 17:15, rocketdogbert said:

100% he’s bought at wholesale, selling at retail (or near enough) with no guarantees, dodgy as 

This particular rif, I can actually say was owned by myself and traded recently. Rocket, remember when we were chatting about my Glock and I mentioned that I had an ACR for trade/sale? This is the one.

I know because I put the incorrect gun matrix sticker on the lower and I replaced the stock with a an fde stock rather than the original tan and it accidentally matched the lower receiver in colour.

The guy I traded with wasnt the guy selling here and my sale/trade was less than 2 months ago.

I bought it about 3 years ago for a bit more than £200 IIRC and it was second hand then.

Edit: here's my thread:

I also asked him about his near retail price on something I was interested in but he wouldn't budge.

The amount he sells certainly isn't normal for an airsoft player.

If THE FNG is correct about his RIF being resold then that's a fraudulent sale.

11 hours ago, EDcase said:

If THE FNG is correct about his RIF being resold then that's a fraudulent sale.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you but what about it is fraudulent? Avenger doesn't state they've owned this gun for X amount of time.

Although one that did make me laugh was something a long the lines of "Bought these 2 x TM NGRS for my GF but she decided she didn't like them"

On that note though, how honest do people have to be about the background of their guns to be in line with the rules of this site? I can honestly say I have nothing to hide, 99% of the ones I've sold I've had since new and are either unskirmished or only lightly used.

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

On that note though, how honest do people have to be about the background of their guns to be in line with the rules of this site? I can honestly say I have nothing to hide, 99% of the ones I've sold I've had since new and are either unskirmished or only lightly used.

I always assume for the most part that a given gun has potentially been ruined internally, regardless of what the seller says about its condition (because for a start they may simply not be aware of any issues, even brand new guns can have major faults out of the box)

Cynical i know, but unless i've actually held and shot the thing it feels better to stay on the safe side.

That said, given i'm almost guaranteed to completely replace the internals anyway its not too much of an issue.

If i were to sell though i'd be as open and honest about it as i can, because i do tend to have a bit more faith in sellers who openly admit when there are faults in what they're flogging.

38 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Not that I'm disagreeing with you but what about it is fraudulent? Avenger doesn't state they've owned this gun for X amount of time...

Because he would not have bought it for anywhere near retail value but still selling for high price.

I don't really care if he sells on here or not.  I'm certainly not going to buy from him

• Supporters

Well for starters it states it's "as new", when we now know it's nothing like as new, it's had cosmetic alterations, so therefore nothing like it was when it left the first retailer, & we know that a potential buyer will be at the very least the FOURTH owner, if calling "as new" isn't borderline fraudulent then I don't know what is ?.

Definitely the smell of fish here 😏

Hey All, 

This isnt related to any advert in particular however i really need to have a rant. 

What is it with people gucciing up a gun and then putting it on sale for more than retail without airsoft tech cetificate/warranty. like nah man i do not trust some kid with poundland tools trying to install a gate titan or drilling holes into a piston cylinder. Is it just me that finds this so annoying? Likw how gallous to you have to be to sell something thats second hand for retail or more price

1 minute ago, zwright01 said:

Hey All, 

This isnt related to any advert in particular however i really need to have a rant. 

What is it with people gucciing up a gun and then putting it on sale for more than retail without airsoft tech cetificate/warranty. like nah man i do not trust some kid with poundland tools trying to install a gate titan or drilling holes into a piston cylinder. Is it just me that finds this so annoying? Likw how gallous to you have to be to sell something thats second hand for retail or more price

They're called dreamers, my friend.

Also most people can't tech for shit and commit war crimes inside gearboxes.

Adolf made a good point with test firing it before buying. Quite difficult to do when the seller lives on the other side of the country tho 😕

Just now, Skara said:

They're called dreamers, my friend.

Also most people can't tech for shit and commit war crimes inside gearboxes.

Adolf made a good point with test firing it before buying. Quite difficult to do when the seller lives on the other side of the country tho 😕

I just bought a shotgun off someone (12/10 would recomend btw) and he sent me a quick wee video of it working and what all the buttons do. guys like that are the real heros of the classfields

32 minutes ago, EDcase said:

I'm certainly not going to buy from him

Which I guess is the main purpose of this thread, to let people know that a particular advert is not a good deal.

The pettiness is just an amusing bonus!

1 hour ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Which I guess is the main purpose of this thread, to let people know that a particular advert is not a good deal.

The pettiness is just an amusing bonus!

Of course someone can know its not a good deal but still convince themselves to take it, especially new players perhaps without UKARA.

This particular seller is clearly pushing the limits of 'non commercial' with no budge on price and no community interaction.

2 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Of course someone can know its not a good deal but still convince themselves to take it, especially new players perhaps without UKARA.

This particular seller is clearly pushing the limits of 'non commercial'

Then it should be clear!

NON-UKARA = GBP 290

WITH UKARA = GBP 200

....I jest of course.

55 minutes ago, zwright01 said:

I just bought a shotgun off someone (12/10 would recomend btw) and he sent me a quick wee video of it working and what all the buttons do. guys like that are the real heros of the classfields

I was about to suggest this as standard practice for here. Makes it easier for a potential buyer to decide before buying

• Supporters
1 minute ago, PopRocket123 said:

I was about to suggest this as standard practice for here. Makes it easier for a potential buyer to decide before buying

Also a very good practice when selling, I sold a pistol package a few years ago, something about the buyers attitude was moody, so got my son to film it while I put all three mags through it.

Three weeks after selling said moody buyer says it's broken, & it arrived that way, demanding a full refund blah blah, what he didn't know was someone had given me a heads up that a week after I shipped it, he'd already tried to flog it on FB, for way more than he'd paid, while extolling it's excellent condition & fully working.

Needless to say he got a great big "f#ck off you chancer", & went very quiet.

Since then, on the very rare occasion that I sell rifs, I'll always make a vid of them working, cya lol.

Hmmm, whilst it is clearly up to avenger to sell his kit and guns for whatever he likes, personally Im uncomfortable on three fronts.

1. A lot more guns for sale than a normal airsoft amateur seller

2. Dubiously inaccurate descriptions

BUT, the absolute worst thing,

3. Zero interaction with the forum, not defending, commenting, or apologising for any listing.

Obviously, he’s not obliged to talk to anyone about his stuff for sale, but for me, that is the biggest red flag. No way is he not aware of this thread. For me, forums are about getting involved, helping out and being helped, and moving on a few bits (in my case quite a lot of bits lol) that I’ve got bored with.

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Hmmm, whilst it is clearly up to avenger to sell his kit and guns for whatever he likes, personally Im uncomfortable on three fronts.

3. Zero interaction with the forum, not defending, commenting, or apologising for any listing.

Obviously, he’s not obliged to talk to anyone about his stuff for sale, but for me, that is the biggest red flag.

Very true, thing is it's not like he's ever said "clearing out my massive collection of wall-hangers" or anything similar, which might have gone someway to explaining why so many supposedly "as new" guns.

nor does he give any history or personal connection to the rifs he's selling, which is a red flag to me, most sellers will give some info, whether it's "nice gun but not for me" or "reluctant sale of great gun" etc etc, but here, nothing, even the gun info is a link from a website, usually the most expensive 😏

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

3. Zero interaction with the forum, not defending, commenting, or apologising for any...

Hes just dropped the price to £290 😂🤣

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

Obviously, he’s not obliged to talk to anyone about his stuff for sale, but for me, that is the biggest red flag. No way is he not aware of this thread. For me, forums are about getting involved, helping out and being helped, and moving on a few bits (in my case quite a lot of bits lol) that I’ve got bored with.

I've got to be honest, I couldn't agree more with this. While forum activity will inevitably vary from person to person with many taking breaks or only contributing sporadically, it doesn't sit right with me either.

The reasons given by Rocket are some of the reasons I've wondered whether or not this person is actually a retailer/site exploiting the forum as a means to supplement and support their primary business. At least when it comes to points 1 & 3.

10 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

I've got to be honest, I couldn't agree more with this. While forum activity will inevitably vary from person to person with many taking breaks or only contributing sporadically, it doesn't sit right with me either.

The reasons given by Rocket are some of the reasons I've wondered whether or not this person is actually a retailer/site exploiting the forum as a means to supplement and support their primary business. At least when it comes to points 1 & 3.

Interesting post that has been put on Zeroin yesterday https://forums.zeroin.co.uk/forum/classifieds/rate-a-trader/3141481-avenger63

Sounds like they had the same suspicions! 

I'm possibly just being salty but yeah it's a bit annoying when within 24hrs your listing has been pushed about 20 down the list and 15 are from the same seller.