Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Hmmmm, not against the rules though is it @Jedi_Master

Lol No, prob should be though ?

1 hour ago, EDcase said:

I'll bet people are willing to pay more if the seller doesn't insist on UKARA check.

I'd even bet that MOST sales don't check UKARA

I've often wondered whether that's the thats the mindset with some overpriced sellers, in the knowledge that most underage or occasional players would rather stick pins in their eyes than buy two-tone........me included.

1 hour ago, EDcase said:

I'd even bet that MOST sales don't check UKARA

How do you check UKARA these days? (genuine question - not sold a RIF in 5 years)

Last time I sold one, I tried two retailers to verify the buyer - I was either fobbed off of ignored altogether. In the end, I got the buyer to send me their player UKARA self-check email - which no longer exists as a function on the UKARA website.

I can see why most people wouldn't bother checking - I just stopped selling guns altogether.

15 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

How do you check UKARA these days? (genuine question - not sold a RIF in 5 years)

Yeah, It can be hard to find out how to check since the online self check has been down for years.

I always called 'Fire Support'

They won't give you info but will confirm if a name or address is correct for that number

3 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Last time I sold one, I tried two retailers to verify the buyer - I was either fobbed off of ignored altogether. In the end, I got the buyer to send me their player UKARA self-check email - which no longer exists as a function on the UKARA website.

I can see why most people wouldn't bother checking - I just stopped selling guns altogether.

You need a friendly site or shop to check it for you, or I believe zeroone will do it

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Last time I sold one, I tried two retailers to verify the buyer - I was either fobbed off of ignored altogether.

Who were the retailers that couldn't be arsed to help ?

1 minute ago, Tackle said:

Who were the retailers that couldn't be arsed to help ?

Funnily enough - Zero One was one of them.

Can't remember the other TBH. Wasn't Fire-Support though, I'll try them if I could be bothered to sell any of my guns in the near future.

1 hour ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Had the same thing when I came to sell on my first RIF. In the end, just asked the buyer for their UKARA number. 

UKARA isn't the only defence which muddies the water further. I used to do Re-enactment and private sellers either didn't challenge me or completey refused to sell because I didn't have a UKARA number (at the time). 

I ask for ukara and check that the letters at the start are actually for a site, that much you can do on their website.  The second check is to get their forum name and the date on some paper in a picture of rifs that they already own and arn't two tone. Just as evidence that they must (I assume/hope) have got at least some of them from a retailer and by proxy, be a skirmisher.

Not full proof. But it feels like I did what I could.  Though in all honesty, I only really press for it on profiles that are clearly new, or just not really used (no postings/reviews) and clearly only popping on here for the classifieds. 

Very clearly the brand new AK74u Challenge kit from JBBG, custom paintjob included

10 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

This could be yours for the princely sum of £60 on discord.

Shame a brand new one costs £61 from TaiwanGun.

Capture.JPG

Is someone really trying to sell this for £60? The Specna Arms Core range start at £84 on Patrol Base atm.

1 hour ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Is someone really trying to sell this for £60? The Specna Arms Core range start at £84 on Patrol Base atm.

Yep, and the seller also has this little gem - an AR-57, in bits, yours for £180! Some assembly required.

Surely one of the worst ideas in both real steel and Airsoft, make an M4 that uses P90 mags.

Capture2.JPG

• Supporters

Not Airsoft as such, but I'm sure plenty of you guys appreciate a bit of maxpedition kit as much as I do, but this is mad, even new I wouldn't pay half what this guy's asking 😲, & his is s/h

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAXPEDITION-12-x-5-Large-Black-Padded-Bottle-Holder-Zip-Up-Hydration-Pouch/313078550708?hash=item48e4ef90b4%3Ag%3ADaQAAOSw5VdeuFBY&LH_Auction=1

(It's a pouch to hold a bottle ffs)

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Not Airsoft as such, but I'm sure plenty of you guys appreciate a bit of maxpedition kit as much as I do, but this is mad, even new I wouldn't pay half what this guy's asking 😲, & his is s/h

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAXPEDITION-12-x-5-Large-Black-Padded-Bottle-Holder-Zip-Up-Hydration-Pouch/313078550708?hash=item48e4ef90b4%3Ag%3ADaQAAOSw5VdeuFBY&LH_Auction=1

For that price it had better come with a bottle, a good one, and it had better be filled with whiskey, good whiskey.

9 minutes ago, Tackle said:

£57 new with free delivery on Military1st. Jesus, I'd expect gold plated zips for that money.

Come on guys it's Maxpedition, it was the dog's balls back in the day, and still is if you like old school nylon.

Tough as nails tbf. That price tag is still really high but not that far off.

You don't seem upset about crye/arc'teryx price tags tho :P

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Skara said:

Come on guys it's Maxpedition, it was the dog's balls back in the day, and still is if you like old school nylon.

Tough as nails tbf. That price tag is still really high but not that far off.

You don't seem upset about crye/arc'teryx price tags tho :P

Lol, I do, I wouldn't pay the silly RRP's of any of the "tacticool" brands, thank feck for eBay auctions.

Paid £25 for my maxpedition gearslinger, wouldn't have gone much higher for that.

& I'm not even Scottish or a Yorkshireman 😜

Yeah, as the piston is €31,90 from any regular retailer :P

i wonder if anyone's stupid enough to click "buy now"