Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

5 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

if a gun is in a box and nobody buys it, does it really exist?

Not if you are buying from Special Airsoft Supplies it doesn't 

• Supporters
30 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

This is getting more confusing than last nights Rick and Morty

Still waiting for the second half of season 4 to get released on prime.....

25 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Not if you are buying from Special Airsoft Service it doesn't 

I feel like that reference just went over my head lol

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, osteoshot said:

Wait a minute, If I shoot my suppressed HPA rif in the woods and no one hears it, does the hit exist?

In my experience only if the hit comes from their front, if you hit them in the back they cry blue on blue and keep going.

4 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Still waiting for the second half of season 4 to get released on prime.....

I feel like that reference just went over my head lol

They are an infamous English 'retailer' who takes your money and never provides the goods.

https://www.specialairsoftsupplies.co.uk/

9 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

In my experience only if the hit comes from their front, if you hit them in the back they cry blue on blue and keep going.

What happens if I am dressed as a cat?

8 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

They are an infamous English 'retailer' who takes your money and never provides the goods.

https://www.specialairsoftsupplies.co.uk/

The name and the logo scream 'the owner of this business is a complete walt' 

It always makes me chuckle when businesses do the whole 'Regiment' theme. 

Love the site too, really modern 👌

16 hours ago, Cromulon1994 said:

This is getting more confusing than last nights Rick and Morty

I though I was reasonably intelligent bloke until I watched that episode. I can't work if I'm being thick or it just exists on some higher plane of meta.

Either way, it's first Rick and Morty episode I didn't raise so much as a chuckle, let alone laugh to.

31 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I though I was reasonably intelligent bloke until I watched that episode. I can't work if I'm being thick or it just exists on some higher plane of meta.

Either way, it's first Rick and Morty episode I didn't raise so much as a chuckle, let alone laugh to.

I watched it again. It's actually very good it just needs properly watching. 

3 hours ago, E21A said:

Why buy it brand new with a warranty when you can buy it secondhand and save yourself £30! Oh and it’s too hot hot for 95% of U.K. sites! 

Nice RIF but I agree, more off for second user is needed, may not have seen a game but it's been mucked about with. My experience of the Ares gearbox is they are fine to about 320-330 but after that they sound like they struggle.

Shame as it looks awesome but defo more in the £200-£250 region.

10 hours ago, E21A said:

Why buy it brand new with a warranty when you can buy it secondhand and save yourself £30! Oh and it’s too hot hot for 95% of U.K. sites! 

Nice gun, especially with the rail, but the stippling would be a turn-off for me on grips that cannot be replaced - and it's a bit sloppy in implementation here

Needs to drop at least £150 IMO.

12 hours ago, E21A said:

I'm also not a fan of that stippling, but what has he had glued to that front guard you can see the residue and shape. 

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Keldon said:

I'm also not a fan of that stippling, but what has he had glued to that front guard you can see the residue and shape. 

Im gonna go for the pressure switch being lower then he moved it up to its current position.

I would consider this chap a frequent seller having 10+ feedbacks - seems like a misleading advert to me - do mods not pull these ads if it’s brought to there attention.

Since it wasn’t mentioned in the listing I would be dissatisfied to find out after buying the glue residue/remounting - I didn’t notice it until someone mentioned it - it’s fugly 

They are two different FPS listed also - seems to be a running theme in the listings I see -

‘never skirmished’ 

‘never been out of the house’

‘only a mag put through it’

’back garden plinker’

’only tested’

Bullshit I say - I have one gun three weeks and in that time I have gone through 2 bottles gas and over 3300 bbs🤓

12 minutes ago, Noddy45 said:

I would consider this chap a frequent seller having 10+ feedbacks - seems like a misleading advert to me - do mods not pull these ads if it’s brought to there attention.

Since it wasn’t mentioned in the listing I would be dissatisfied to find out after buying the glue residue/remounting - I didn’t notice it until someone mentioned it - it’s fugly 

They are two different FPS listed also - seems to be a running theme in the listings I see -

‘never skirmished’ 

‘never been out of the house’

‘only a mag put through it’

’back garden plinker’

’only tested’

Bullshit I say - I have one gun three weeks and in that time I have gone through 2 bottles gas and over 3300 bbs🤓

Check out the classifieds, there is more than one person selling A LOT of guns at near retail

• Supporters

I think it's safe to say it's a monster piss-take, made worse by the fact it's someone who should know better.

2 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Check out the classifieds, there is more than one person selling A LOT of guns at near retail

Well they are "new" after all 😏

1 minute ago, rocketdogbert said:

Yeah I agree - some people taking the piss.  Surprised there are willing/uniformed buyers readily available.

4 minutes ago, Tackle said:

I think it's safe to say it's a monster piss-take, made worse by the fact it's someone who should know better.

Well they are "new" after all 😏

1 minute ago, Noddy45 said:

Yeah I agree - some people taking the piss.  Surprised there are willing/uniformed buyers readily available.

Hmmmm, not against the rules though is it @Jedi_Master

8 minutes ago, EDcase said:

I'll bet people are willing to pay more if the seller doesn't insist on UKARA check

I have no doubt it does happens - very bad form.

I wouldn’t want it on my conscious anyhow if some lunatic did something stupid with the RIF I sold them I would be screwed - all for a couple quid😔

15 minutes ago, EDcase said:

I'll bet people are willing to pay more if the seller doesn't insist on UKARA check

Now that’s just being cynical.

In my experience, my local shops/sites are more than happy to check a UKARA for me (as private checking hasn’t been available for a long while), probably because I end up spending the money in their shop lol. Whether they’d be happy to check dozens and dozens of them for no return I doubt.