Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

1 minute ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

I think that's firesupport giving a really good price rather then that guy taking the piss. I see quite a few retailers are selling them for more than the RRP he lists there.  Did you make him an offer? 

Nope. I've already got one. The Mrs would go nuts if I got another!
But generally, second hand pricing is related to whatever the cheapest new someone can get one for?
I think he's dreaming (as opposed to taking the piss)...

Just now, sonofsammo said:

Nope. I've already got one. The Mrs would go nuts if I got another!
But generally, second hand pricing is related to whatever the cheapest new someone can get one for?
I think he's dreaming (as opposed to taking the piss)...

I don't think he's dreaming - he's put an RRP which, you can check for yourself, is actually cheaper then many places are selling them for now. I just don't think he's happened to come across firesupport yet. Not to mention somewhere else could start selling them even cheaper for all we know. Or maybe firesupport sells all 4 of them over this weekend?  

8 minutes ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

I don't think he's dreaming - he's put an RRP which, you can check for yourself, is actually cheaper then many places are selling them for now.

what he paid is irrelevant, what other places charge is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is the lowest current retail price and being in stock at that price. 

1 minute ago, E21A said:

what he paid is irrelevant, what other places charge is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is the lowest current retail price and being in stock at that price. 

This is absolutely it, blokes a dreamer lol

• Supporters

The cynical side of me might think that maybe he might feel justified with a relatively high s/h price if he can show potential buyers "look, this is what #####airsoft sells them for, therefore mines a bargain", irrespective of where his came from or how much he paid ?.

These days, who really chucks their money at the first Google result that comes up without checking the competition ?

2 minutes ago, E21A said:

yeah obviously - but prices, stock etc changes all the time. He's put a reasonable RRP,  put it for sale for a reasonable % and i can't see anything in the advert about not accepting offers. 

swear to god people in this thread think they are this bunch: Anne Robinson Quits 'Watchdog' After 15 Years Presenting BBC ...

1 minute ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

yeah obviously - but prices, stock etc changes all the time. He's put a reasonable RRP,  put it for sale for a reasonable % and i can't see anything in the advert about not accepting offers. 

swear to god people in this thread think they are this bunch: Anne Robinson Quits 'Watchdog' After 15 Years Presenting BBC ...

@GeorgePlaysAirsoft 

You are obviously entitled to your opinion, but that doesn’t mean anybody else has to listen 😂😂😂

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

As long as I'm not the ginger cnut in the middle 😭

Seriously, start with the fact it's "brand new", no it's not, there's no warranty & no proof it's not had 20j bb's through it in his yard ?.

Reason enough not to pay close to RRP ?

6 minutes ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

Even at 70% of the price he paid it would only be £308, so a dreamer either way 

Just now, Tackle said:

As long as I'm not the ginger cnut in the middle 😭

Seriously, start with the fact it's "brand new", no it's not, there's no warranty & no proof it's not had 20j bb's through it in his yard ?.

Reason enough not to pay close to RRP ?

I'm not saying its a good deal, far from it.. i just think its very, very average. 

16 minutes ago, E21A said:

Even at 70% of the price he paid it would only be £308, so a dreamer either way 

I'm genuinely curious - do they ever sell for the £300 mark? I've never really investigated but I'd of thought that £300 in the box, label around the trigger guard (beanie baby style) would be very good deal indeed? Most of the NGRS i do see for sale seem to be big package offers with various accessories which pumps the price up so im really not sure. 

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco

A lot can go into sales negotiation, pricing etc. - 60% for "used" condition is a good start, in a vacuum, but if you stick to such an ironclad rule you're ultimately limiting yourself I reckon, missing some otherwise good deals. This has potential for a good deal imo.

First of all - It's a TM NGRS, and the quality is well known. NGRSs are considered overpriced for some, but I don't think people ever really get issues with TM out of the box - some of their units have design flaws, like the M870 having a bulging gas tank or fucked 6-shot mechanism but the vast majority of TM RIFs have that "just work" quality. For these reasons I wouldn't really care if this RIF came without a warranty. I'd want a video with a full functions test, or I'd drive down to fire a mag through before pickup, but a warranty is a premium that I don't think holds value here. 

The picture is shite quality but the lack of markings on the magazine (iirc those ones scratch the moment you put them in the magwell), the hop-up tag still applied to the trigger guard, and the box's condition, aaaaaand the current situation with Covid19 fucking many people's lives over, I genuinely believe this is "like new" if not "brand new".

People are right in saying that the price is a little too high considering you could get the same RIF at FS for £20 more though, though it does look like a recent price drop so I don't blame the chap for listing RRP because that's what they were going for a month or so ago. 

With aaaaall this in mind... If I wanted a TM NGRS Sopmod and I saw that, I'd be happy to pay £350. £50 saving from an existing good deal, £100 saving on new anywhere else. 

1 hour ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Lol shit, missed that

Not GBBR imho, it is NGRS - not a horrendous price tbh, not sure what all the fuss is about.

• Head Moderator
1 hour ago, Cromulon1994 said:

Had 3 messages wanting to buy. Job done I think.

Best advert that I have ever seen in our Classifieds. Well done.

5 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

waaaait a second, is a seller putting their own ad in macks with a link showing the product being cheaper brand new!? :wacko:

Well, this thread has taken an odd turn.....