Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

7 hours ago, Yorkshire stinger said:

Correct balls I have I also have receipt for the warrenty which will go with it which shows I paid  £329.99 as it has the shorter carbine barrel so a £70 saving and ready to paint the grip or strip to original for anyone who wants too

Thanks for the cross advertising guys 

You can still get the carbine on Fire Support for £299, with the original factory finish for the paint. Generally people look at around 60-70% for the current new price, so you're looking closer to £180-210. At the end of the day you're free to list it at whatever price you want, but I'd imagine most would rather spend the extra money for a brand new rifle (and for less risk of warranty work being denied). 

1 hour ago, Heath said:

You can still get the carbine on Fire Support for £299, with the original factory finish for the paint. Generally people look at around 60-70% for the current new price, so you're looking closer to £180-210. At the end of the day you're free to list it at whatever price you want, but I'd imagine most would rather spend the extra money for a brand new rifle (and for less risk of warranty work being denied). 

Thanks heath for the pricing advice, I've been on this site nearly 2 years and never knew about this page so that's helpful

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Steveocee said:

LMFAO they're £299 brand new with warranty. The balls some people have.

Now, now, that's not a fair comparison.  You've have to pay another £10 to get it in two tone first, then strip it off.

22 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Now, now, that's not a fair comparison.  You've have to pay another £10 to get it in two tone first, then strip it off.

good point Roger 3 hours of stripping prepping and then respray of the gun body, I think the point is is with UKARA you can get it stock colour for 299.99 I paid slightly more as it wasn't in stock anywhere and the only extras are an extra mag and rifle sling

6 minutes ago, Yorkshire stinger said:

good point Roger 3 hours of stripping prepping and then respray of the gun body, I think the point is is with UKARA you can get it stock colour for 299.99 I paid slightly more as it wasn't in stock anywhere and the only extras are an extra mag and rifle sling

That's fair enough but it is slightly unrealistic is to expect a second hand buyer to burden your initial "additional" outlay because it wasn't in stock so paid the rarity tax and you had to buy it in 2 tone when for barely anything more they can buy new in "real" colours now.

As pointed out above, if you aim for around 60% of the CURRENT retail price you are probably in the right ball park.

Congrats for not having a major diva strop though (many do) 😎

Well it's all about the approach the first post pointing it out was quite friendly but then you dived in with LMFAO, that sends it from a helpful thread to a smug one, you took the time to check RRP on what I was selling but a 20 sec check on my profile would have shown I was a noob at airsoft so instead of laughing your ffing arse off you could have offered advise and I would have thought wow what a helpful thread. 

Just now, Yorkshire stinger said:

Well it's all about the approach the first post pointing it out was quite friendly but then you dived in with LMFAO, that sends it from a helpful thread to a smug one, you took the time to check RRP on what I was selling but a 20 sec check on my profile would have shown I was a noob at airsoft so instead of laughing your ffing arse off you could have offered advise and I would have thought wow what a helpful thread. 

Or alternatively a quick read of the thread would have revealed its primary purpose to you and you wouldn't have got so bent out of shape for no reason over some minor ribbing.  

Not bent out of shape, I read the title of the thread but just because someone doesn't know the percentage decrease on a once used airsoft rifle against current RRP doesn't make them a Dreamer and shouldn't be laughed at 

I said read the thread not read the title of the thread, subtle difference.  :) Anyway no harm done.

1 hour ago, Yorkshire stinger said:

I've been on this site nearly 2 years

15 minutes ago, Yorkshire stinger said:

but a 20 sec check on my profile would have shown I was a noob at airsoft

I don't understand? Having looked at your profile you have been selling stuff since the start of 2019? and as you say you have been on the site for nearly 2 years. How are still a Noob? 

This thread is a light hearted bit of entertainment  and intended to offer 'Noobs' a bit of advice when it comes to purchasing so they don't pay over the odds due to the lack of experience. It is not a personal slight against you. People normally take it one of 2 ways. There are those that get the bit of ribbing, hands up, sort the price out and normally sell their stuff and then there are those that get all upset because they think they have been insulted somehow. Take it for what it is, like minded people with the same interest having a bit of a joke and helping out the 'Noobs'. If it your turn this morning then it will be someone else this afternoon.

That's when I first decided to do airsoft 2 years ago, bought a set up  got in trouble with the wife as she found the receipt so sold it all, then went a year and decided to get going again (got my stuff delivered to work then snuck it into my shed gradually).  I am glad of the advise and have tweeked my listing slightly. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkshire stinger said:

bought a set up  got in trouble with the wife as she found the receipt so sold it all

We have all been there!! My other half still thinks that both of my TM MWS rifles are worth about £100 in total.....😏....... or at least I think that is what she thinks

• Supporters

Seems a little steep considering I bought mine for £20.

• Head Moderator
45 minutes ago, Yorkshire stinger said:

just because someone doesn't know the percentage decrease on a once used airsoft rifle against current RRP doesn't make them a Dreamer

For your information (and others reading this), the forum does have a handy Appraisals section where you can ask for pricing guidance prior to making an advert.
https://airsoft-forums.uk/forum/151-appraisals/

2 minutes ago, Gepard said:

Seems a little steep considering I bought mine for £20.

Thanks for that no idea what to post price at bought mine a few years ago not sure what I paid seen a few in the past for more than what I posted this at but people will always offer less than what you ask for if I posted for 20 someone will always offer 5

46 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Rule 1 of airsoft: Every gun was £40-50 second hand / was won in a raffle

Rule 2 of airsoft: No receipts

Don't know about anyone else but my shit all came free with a packet of cornflakes!

1 hour ago, Yorkshire stinger said:

Echoing others, if you read through a few pages you'll get the general tone of this thread. It's nothing personal at all.

I did check your profile and then chose not to point out the inconsistency in that you've been on the site just over 1 year not nearly 2 as that would have come across pedantic and a little abrasive. Also the date you join a site means nothing, just means you registered, could have been playing 20 years prior, don't hide behind an "I'm a noob" shield, victimising yourself from the nasty man on the internet who lol'd at your price won't magically change anything.

You will also notice that my following responses were aimed at being helpful advising alternative prices so maybe concentrate on the fact I did give some usable input rather than crying that I laughed at the original price. Typical response from the over self entitled of the social media generation.

1 hour ago, L3wisD said:

Rule 1 of airsoft: Every gun was £40-50 second hand / was won in a raffle

Rule 2 of airsoft: No receipts

I'm calling it now. In the future all guns will have the following options when being bought:

1) Two tone

2) A receipt that matches what you told your partner you paid for the gun(s)

9 minutes ago, Heath said:

I'm calling it now. In the future all guns will have the following options when being bought:

1) Two tone

2) A receipt that matches what you told your partner you paid for the gun(s)

Gift receipts are your friend. All the product, none of the pricing lol

2 hours ago, Yorkshire stinger said:

Not bent out of shape, I read the title of the thread but just because someone doesn't know the percentage decrease on a once used airsoft rifle against current RRP doesn't make them a Dreamer and shouldn't be laughed at 

Don't take it personally mate.. we just have a wee laugh on this thread...no fingers or muzzles are pointed at anyone.....  no doubt my time will come too when I sell my PTW or my Recoils and be told that a Cyma can do the job better and cheaper.......

8 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

Gift receipts are your friend. All the product, none of the pricing lol

Amazing what receipts can be created with MS Word lol

Wow a lot of castrated guys in here...do your partners at least allow you to see the glass jar with your balls in when you've been good boys?

Also, can we flip it and add people who make ridiculously low offers or trades such as "Fancy trading a five year old Honey Badger for your fully upgraded TM NGRS package? I'll even throw in a 9.6v NiMH to sweeten the deal!"

I don't get it.... why would anyone want to trade the said honey badger (pic attached) for an AEG? Is the honey badger great for woodland or CQB or has he an overwatch sniper capability? Soooooo confused!  Or maybe he has a Titan in his pouch... hmmmmmmmm

Edited by AlphaBear