Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters
34 minutes ago, Chopper92 said:

Didnt check the current retail prices for it. considering i paid 310 new when i got it and its been used a handful of times

more so 250 gives me haggle room, first rule of sales always ask for more than you actually want.

:)

Lol, I could sob when I think about prices I paid years ago on kit that's still available, but now much cheaper 😭

On 28/02/2020 at 08:36, E21A said:

Thing is it’s not completely stock, they don’t come with a 160 spring. Also there is no way it’s lifting a .48 on the stock hop rubber, let alone to 80-90m.

Literally nothing in that advert is true 

All is true. I have upgraded about a dozen of these exactly the same way. The gun is available for testing. Seeing is believing. I hope this is convincing.

1 hour ago, sceip1 said:

All is true. I have upgraded about a dozen of these exactly the same way. The gun is available for testing. Seeing is believing. I hope this is convincing.

You said it’s completely stock though? 

They don’t come stock with a 160 spring and won’t lift a .48 to 80-90m stock either.

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Steveocee said:

You've upgraded a dozen to higher than what our limits state we can use? Responsible.

Good spot.  530fps @ 0.2g is 2.6J, which means that's an air rifle, not an airsoft gun.  Does it matter?  Well, I could get 2 years in gaol for purchasing or owning that.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Good spot.  530fps @ 0.2g is 2.6J, which means that's an air rifle, not an airsoft gun.  Does it matter?  Well, I could get 2 years in gaol for purchasing or owning that.

and if it isn't that hot that means the spring isn't as good as it's rated, or the air seal is terrible, the latter of which sounds like a wonderful thing for a precision long range gun to have......

8 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

and if it isn't that hot that means the spring isn't as good as it's rated, or the air seal is terrible, the latter of which sounds like a wonderful thing for a precision long range gun to have......

Striker has a very small cylinder and as02 a short barrel so springs dont usually make the fps they’re rated at. I run a 160 in mine at 490fps 

2 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

The stock Striker air seal is surprisingly good, on mine it was pretty much 100% seal.

I have some doubts on the parts used, as the stock brass cylinder can't even handle a SP100, let alone a that behemoth of a spring he claims he's put in. I expect it to fail within 3 magazines.

The stock hop rubber can't lift more than 0.30s without jamming so I doubt he's pushing 0.48s out to 80 metres.

I smell bullshit all over the place.

On 29/02/2020 at 15:17, Steveessex said:

Thanks, I guess it keeps the price fair. Can you find me the same gun with the limited edition ghost skin in blue please? I was under the impression that these were limited and added to the value. If not then I’ll re list much cheaper lol

Items are always worth what someone is willing to pay, obviously lowering it increases that pool of people. You may get lucky and be contacted by that one person who has been searching for ages and absolutely desperately wants one with this skin. However 99.9% of potential buyers would rather pay £99 for a brand new (black) one, therefore meaning the value you've put on the skin alone is more than £100. It's your property, you can ask whatever you like for it but this thread also helps buyers get their items sold quicker.

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, E21A said:

Striker has a very small cylinder and as02 a short barrel so springs dont usually make the fps they’re rated at. I run a 160 in mine at 490fps 

fair enough, so not too anomalous then.

3 hours ago, E21A said:

But he "claims" it is running 530fps, so that's enough to tick the box of "leave the f**k alone". To be honest I'm more inclined to take your word for the FPS it is producing compared to the rest of the dribble in the ad but meh, you were picking him up yourself on these falsities not 5 posts ago lol.

34 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

But he "claims" it is running 530fps, so that's enough to tick the box of "leave the f**k alone". To be honest I'm more inclined to take your word for the FPS it is producing compared to the rest of the dribble in the ad but meh, you were picking him up yourself on these falsities not 5 posts ago lol.

it was in response to Adolf hamster mentioning the spring to fps quoted being off is all. Either way the seller is talking shite 

4 hours ago, E21A said:

it was in response to Adolf hamster mentioning the spring to fps quoted being off is all. Either way the seller is talking shite 

This gun is now sold, but you guys can keep chatting here...

If anyone is interested in the upgrades, drop me a line.

1 hour ago, sceip1 said:

Thanks. This was the first 'positive' comment I received on this site. Not really very good welcoming to a 'starter'.

If I find time I will unsubscribe tomorrow

It was sarcasm ya fanny

Beat it ,  mind and don’t let the door hit you on your arse on the way out 👍

1 hour ago, sceip1 said:

Thanks. This was the first 'positive' comment I received on this site. Not really very good welcoming to a 'starter'.

If I find time I will unsubscribe tomorrow

Sorry dude, but we’re family, and that’s the way it goes