Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

5 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

a new challenger approaches?

£335 new, let's pay £115 more for some useless stuff lmao

P.S. i made a terrible mistake by reading this thread.

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

Eh? I'm being nice and posting as regularly as I can so that WHEN I try and rip people off you'll ignore it 👍

no dice, you'll get the same treatment as everyone else, we're equal opportunity assholes ;)

40 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

What we've learnt today is people really put a lot of financial value on their "custom paint jobs"

• Supporters
58 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

Is this the bit where I get offended because you won't treat me as special as I think I should be treated?

i think so, then i think someone else is meant to jump in and act as a tie breaker.

22 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

What we've learnt today is people really put a lot of financial value on their "custom paint jobs"

I'll be honest, if a paint job is done right and in a professional way, it deserves to be paid.

Most paint jobs are just wank though and deserve to burn in a dumpster..

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Skara said:

I'll be honest, if a paint job is done right and in a professional way, it deserves to be paid.

whilst i won't disagree that a good piece of work has value, the problem with paint jobs is you're relying on the buyer placing as much value in the particular style as you do.

even a very nice paint job is worthless if the guy buying it doesn't like it.

13 minutes ago, Skara said:

Most paint jobs are just wank though and deserve to burn in a dumpster..

If it's been done professionally then I'd be tempted to offer up the standard 60% retail, even then that's being very generous.

If it's an OP who says they've done it then 2 categories:

Good paint job:- 60% of the price of the paint, time doing it is value added for the buyer.

Bad paint job:- Negative value as the new owner will need to put it right

On 16/01/2020 at 21:18, Cromulon1994 said:

Dammit I've just found that absolute gold and I thought macks was where it needed to be. 

Seems you got there first. 

80 quid new on Taiwan gun.

His ageing job is wank. 

Glad I beat ya. Been wanting to post something in forever ahaha. Guess it’s even worse. I didn’t even check the taiwan gun prices.

Another one. 

Twice the going rate of a new one imported (still relatively avaible from Asian retailers)

Aaand, the market for posh pistols has pretty much evaporated.

Screenshot_20200117-172247.jpg

3 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I saw this but wasnt sure on the price.  Nevertheless posting it 4 times was enough for me to report it

15 hours ago, osteoshot said:

New ad on used airsoft

£700 for an ares honey badger

But its been 'upgraded' with all Laylax/Prometheus parts and barrel and has a Gate Titan fitted and a custom paint job and I did it all myself and its shoots 90m at 450fps and 30RPS and its fucking awesome...blah blah blah blah

18 hours ago, osteoshot said:

New ad on used airsoft

£700 for an ares honey badger

I have one and I wouldn't pay for the full £200 something regular price tag ever again, let alone fucking £700 for what's essentially a piece of shit with some wonky proprietary parts.

4 minutes ago, Skara said:

I have one and I wouldn't pay for the full £200 something regular price tag ever again, let alone fucking £700 for what's essentially a piece of shit with some wonky proprietary parts.

That was my experience of it too when I was upgrading my friend's one. The build quality was awful too. The upper receiver was so flimsy and they had used half a tube of Loctite to stick the suppressor on wonky

7 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

That was my experience of it too when I was upgrading my friend's one. The build quality was awful too. The upper receiver was so flimsy and they had used half a tube of Loctite to stick the suppressor on wonky

I mean, mine is fucking flawless now.

But QC is so hit and miss that you'll want to kill yourself if you happen to get a lemon.

10 hours ago, Hillad00 said:

I am glad you did as I was posting it via my phone. Problem I had was everytime I tried it showed me an error message so I didn't realise it actually published the ad.

Yeah, I had a giant brain fart on the price. After reading it through again I'd beat my own ass for trying that.

Fair play to you sir.

@Philb See? this is how adults react.

14 hours ago, E21A said:

Unless I’m mistaken that’s a circa £130 gun with maybe £100 worth of bits. And it’s a nuprol sooo

and also wearing a cheap fake copy of a TAG Heuer SEL Chronograph 🤭

11 minutes ago, Brettpixel said:

Nice try, that’s almost a retro model there your mistaking it for. 

Take a closer look at wrist straps before calling something a copy pal. 

ding ding ding triggered  😂

12 minutes ago, Brettpixel said:

Nice try, that’s almost a retro model there your mistaking it for. 

Take a closer look at wrist straps before calling something a copy pal. 

My apologies, the SEL by Tag had a very organic , sculpted shape to the strap links, the LINK that replaced the SEL , had a more square & harder appearance 

your picture makes it look like a hybrid of the two of them 😉

not that I’m into my watches or spot a clone from 100 ft👍