Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

6 hours ago, ThePunisher said:

All things considered, if the fakes don't appear to have markings, it seems as though they are Magpul then, in which case the pricing including postage is about right? 

There are fakes with full Magpul markings.

1 hour ago, osteoshot said:

My new favourite !!!!!

on this site a cyma rpk 

no motor

in pieces 

no magazine 

£320 for a boneyard rif. WTF!!!

must be made of  unobtanium

now go and check all the pieces individually  and youll see well over £500 quids worth

5 minutes ago, Philb said:

now go and check all the pieces individually  and youll see well over £500 quids worth

At best it's worth 60% of retail price if it's lightly used, working and if all the original parts are included. The fact that it's in bits, missing a part with no guarantee it will work means I'll be amazed if anyone sane offers half your asking price.

8 minutes ago, Philb said:

Typically, parts value (unless it’s something rare, or unlimited warrantee like Vortex) is 50% of new, but once you lump it together in a RIF, it’s essentially zero, so yeah @osteoshot is spot on lol

6 hours ago, osteoshot said:

My new favourite !!!!!

on this site a cyma rpk 

no motor

in pieces 

no magazine 

You beat me to it.  £220 for a repro chinese SVD scope as well...

Hmm £320 for an essentially broken CYMA RPK or £200 for a brand new one and do the 'upgrades' needed myself.  And lets face it, the only upgrades needed on any CYMA AK is a new hop rubber a downgraded spring and a ruddy good clean.

• Supporters

Just another example of someone joining the forum with the immediate sole purpose of trying to flog their overpriced shit.

I hated it many years ago when I joined Arnie's, only to find I couldn't access the classifieds until I'd hit a certain amount of posts, but it doesn't seem so silly now, given the number of chancers we get joining, ffs it's not even the school holidays lol.

19 minutes ago, osteoshot said:

I wonder if anyone would like my empty mars bar wrapper, only eaten once £5

Been browsing the 2nd hand airsoft market today and there's too many ads just like this,

"RRP when new £700 , 2nd hand Selling for £699"... 

Nobody can possibly justify buying 2nd hand gear for close to retail prices.

just want to clarify a few things

1 ive been out of the game for a long time hence why selling my items

2 my rpk is basically a fully working fully upgraded rifle it just needs a rewire and motor 30 quid at most  spent over £500 quid on it 

3 i appreciate with the scope i may have overpriced it a result of being out of the sport for so long i have now amended said price

4 whatever price i do put is my business if you dont want it dont buy it its that simple no need for name calling and being general dicks about it 

5 im not even sure what school holidays have to do with anything 

3.2.1 go for the attacks on my post ive got the popcorn ready 😉

15 minutes ago, Philb said:

4 whatever price i do put is my business if you dont want it dont buy it its that simple no need for name calling and being general dicks about it 

er, no. This forum protects its members, that’s what this thread is about. 
We try to make sure nobody gets ripped off

3 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

er, no. This forum protects its members, that’s what this thread is about. 
We try to make sure nobody gets ripped off

Ok fine make sure people dont get ripped off a post  something  like i saw and personally think its a bit overpriced  or Typically, parts value (unless it’s something rare, or unlimited warrantee like Vortex) is 50% of new, but once you lump it together in a RIF, it’s essentially zero,

or be a dick 

just another example of someone joining the forum with the immediate sole purpose of trying to flog their overpriced shit

The only way I could see that being worth £320 was if it came with 4x£50 notes stashed under the top cover.

i enjoyed the scope price too, £100 over retail for a scope that is not working 

I wonder if anyone would like my empty mars bar wrapper, only eaten once £5

•  

My new favourite !!!!!

on this site a cyma rpk 

no motor

in pieces 

no magazine 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Philb said:

just want to clarify a few things

1 ive been out of the game for a long time hence why selling my items

2 my rpk is basically a fully working fully upgraded rifle it just needs a rewire and motor 30 quid at most  spent over £500 quid on it 

3 i appreciate with the scope i may have overpriced it a result of being out of the sport for so long i have now amended said price

5 im not even sure what school holidays have to do with anything 

3.2.1 go for the attacks on my post ive got the popcorn ready 😉

Chill Phil 😁

If you'd taken maybe a day or two to surf the forum, you'd have got a feel for the place, it's actually fairly laid back & very community minded, but this thread, while mostly light-hearted is intended to hilight overpriced kit, hopefully to stop people getting suckered .

I appreciate you've been "out of the game" for a while, personally I see kit for sale & I could weep knowing how much I paid originally, but that's the way the market has gone, in much the way that some kit that would have sold within hours, now hangs about for weeks or months, usually experiencing multiple bumps & price drops.

1 hour ago, Skara said:

Nobody cares if you spent big monies on that thing.

It costs €260 (wild guess £230) NEW, and guess what? it's ASSEMBLED and comes with ALL THE FUCKING PARTS.

Why would some poor soul spend £230 for a new, unused product when he can spend £90 more for a disassembled thing that is missing some rather key parts he's then forced to play Ikea with.

Sorry, forum police here, preventing you from ripping off the poor soul mentioned above.

❤️

Im preety sure ikea would have more screws

2 hours ago, Teo said:

Found this today. £100 for a broken kwc Luger which are between 100-120 new but ‘i did good ageing job’. It looks like shit.

65BEF37A-AF1D-4DD4-A1EE-B6695D889B35.png

Dammit I've just found that absolute gold and I thought macks was where it needed to be. 

Seems you got there first. 

80 quid new on Taiwan gun.

His ageing job is wank. 

@Philb you can't come into our community as a new member giving it all billy big bollocks and not expect to get shot down this isn't Zero One and such antics are not appreciated.  People, including myself, called you out validly on the price of your items.  If you look through the past 71 pages of this thread you will see you are not the first.  You will also see that said miscreants never win and the people who take the comments on board generally get on better and make sales.

That being said, if you spent £500 on and upgrading a CYMA RPK then you seriously need your head looking at.

17 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

@EvilMonkee your wish has been granted. The status quo has been restored

Balance was restored.  Does this mean @Philb is the chosen one?

1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

@Philb you can't come into our community as a new member giving it all billy big bollocks and not expect to get shot down this isn't Zero One and such antics are not appreciated.  People, including myself, called you out validly on the price of your items.  If you look through the past 71 pages of this thread you will see you are not the first.  You will also see that said miscreants never win and the people who take the comments on board generally get on better and make sales.

That being said, if you spent £500 on and upgrading a CYMA RPK then you seriously need your head looking at.

Balance was restored.  Does this mean @Philb is the chosen one?

i posted what i felt was a fair price based on what i paid for it you called me out sure but not in a nice way  had you guys not been dicks about it id have taken your comments on board a lot more willingly 

as for the upgrades the CYMA is simply the body the internals are all either laylax or Prometheus 

when i was in the game airsofters would help each other out and give advice without shaming the person the advice was being given too

it saddens me to see that is no longer the case 

6 minutes ago, Philb said:

i posted what i felt was a fair price based on what i paid for it you called me out sure but not in a nice way  had you guys not been dicks about it id have taken your comments on board a lot more willingly 

as for the upgrades the CYMA is simply the body the internals are all either laylax or Prometheus 

when i was in the game airsofters would help each other out and give advice without shaming the person the advice was being given too

it saddens me to see that is no longer the case 

I don't know what airsoft community you've been in but in my experience if you say something stupid people will waste no time telling you so however they see fit