Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Some great pictures there, he's really got a gift lol.

• Supporters

So we have a bit of a comparison game here;

Option 1:

Option 2:

Cant say i'm sure the mags/engine difference quite match up to £145, unless there's something i'm missing.

Also no prizes for guessing where option 2 dissappeared to....

11 hours ago, #blackadder said:

Holy fucking shitballs!!!

If anyone wants to look up the definition of taking the piss, then this is it!

£150 for a fifty five quid gun and a barrel?

They've not even done the hadron plate and I key???

Nope.

Forty quid and he might get a taker...

On 05/12/2019 at 22:12, Enid_Puceflange said:

£85 for a FABarm? , can buy them new for circa £65
dream on , haven’t sense checked the rest of them lol

£90 for a £45 Cyma shotgun - piss off

£90 for a £45 Cyma shotgun - piss off

14 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

Holy fucking shitballs!!!

If anyone wants to look up the definition of taking the piss, then this is it!

£150 for a fifty five quid gun and a barrel?

They've not even done the hadron plate and I key???

Nope.

Forty quid and he might get a taker...

OK I can defend some on the basis that the price is a starting point but taking a £55 pistol, adding a £25 barrel and some foam to the the suppressor then listing at £150 secondhand is hilarious.

Also, "custom painted" is what? Looks black to me.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

OK I can defend some on the basis that the price is a starting point but taking a £55 pistol, adding a £25 barrel and some foam to the the suppressor then listing at £150 secondhand is hilarious.

That's why Jokers like him advertise on the slightly more obscure sites, & not places like AFUK, they know they're taking the piss & will get outed for it, even zin won't let you " question" members prices, quickly deleting posts if you do 😡

On 11/12/2019 at 12:22, Cr0-Magnon said:

It has a slight blue/grey camo look to it, I had to stare at the pictures for a a good minute before I noticed it. 

absolute joker!!

• 3 weeks later...

£400? 
With a couple of extra mags and a £20 ebay scope?
I don't think this will be going anywhere any time soon. At £300, might get some takers.

And this:

£130 tops. Possibly less because it's been upgraded and you've no idea what sort of job they've done. The DTD is a nice addition though. But they'd probably get more joy selling that separately.

For both of these, the outlay is the same as or equal to the new price of the rif, only there's no warranty. But there are some bits you may or may not want.

On 06/01/2020 at 10:55, Heath said:

These can be had for £125 from Fire Support, but they're asking for £120 with what looks like wear on the mag on a 'New' gun. 

The wear is from the mag being inserted, I have a ‘new’ gun with the same markings. Actually never had a bb through.

a fiver off retail is taking the piss a little though tbf. £100 all in is more realistic 

10 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

The wear is from the mag being inserted, I have a ‘new’ gun with the same markings. Actually never had a bb through.

a fiver off retail is taking the piss a little though tbf. £100 all in is more realistic 

Its still wear and tear on the gun. Of the sort you would not expect on a new one.

Besides i bought an ex display ump from firesupport. Never been fired (except to test on purchase) but it had manhandled much like that pistol.  They still sold it as used, as this should be listed.  

Also, has the gas mag been maintained and gassed up? Or left empty for the rubbers to dry out?

5 hours ago, kasaran said:

Its still wear and tear on the gun. Of the sort you would not expect on a new one.

TBH - I wouldn't exactly *expect* that wear, but you can see that sort of wear on new, genuinely untouched-by-the-retailer RIFs. Each RIF will have a function test performed post-assembly and I've opened sealed RIF boxes to see the same wear on the mag that came with it.

That's academic though because - imo the box is open, it's doesn't count as new. Just wanted to throw it in though in case anyone opens a new RIF and panics when they see similar patterns.

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, SgtTalbert said:

Adverts for some reason default to 'New'. Imo, it should either default to used so it's a conscious choice to change to new

I'll round your 2p up to a whole 5p.  Very well noted.

12 hours ago, kasaran said:

Besides i bought an ex display ump from firesupport. Never been fired (except to test on purchase) but it had manhandled much like that pistol.  They still sold it as used, as this should be listed.  

Also, has the gas mag been maintained and gassed up? Or left empty for the rubbers to dry out?

I get what your saying, poor choice of words from the seller really, “unfired” or “as new” would have been a better choice.

• Supporters

This "argument" has been going on for years, the usual consensus being that unless your the retailer, & probably the first to handle the item from the manufacturer or their approved agent, then the item is secondhand, irrespective if whether it's had a BB through it, & as secondhand the price should reflect that.

In fact it's even more relevant on the item we've been discussing, what if it's a lemon straight outta the box, only the first owner, who's now selling it on, has any warranty claim against this, the next owner can go whistle.

The post about the default setting for items being "used" is very valid, DO IT NOW.