Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters
47 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

@Tackle - Unfortunately there's no shortage of chancers and rip off merchants in airsoft, just like in many walks of life.

Too right, thank god for this thread, if it stops just one person from getting ripped off then it's worthwhile.

pisses me off that other forums dont allow similar threads, feckin snowflakes 😡

• Supporters
42 minutes ago, _stylian_ said:

Was just about to post this from his prefired ad. What a muppet.

Thing is, the guys been around for a few years, so should know the score with s/h prices, why he thinks it's worth so much is beyond me ?, other than you don't see many come up in the s/h sales, but at that price you'd opt for a new one with an appropriate warranty.

Now, I know they're a retailer, but:

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/lct-vss-vintorez-airsoft-replica-aeg?pv=11272

£510???? Surely that's piss taking of the highest magnitude??

Cos you can get it here, for £360:

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/lct-vss-vintorez-airsoft-gun-aeg

They look identical from what I can tell?  Or am I missing something?

@sonofsammo - Might be the shape of things to come with the LCT pricing as time goes on. Unfortunately Nuprol have taken over distribution for Europe and the UK some time ago to LCT and ever since stock has been hard to come by. At least from conversations I've had with retailers.

The price is a complete farce nonetheless.

57 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Now, I know they're a retailer, but:

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/lct-vss-vintorez-airsoft-replica-aeg?pv=11272

£510???? Surely that's piss taking of the highest magnitude??

Cos you can get it here, for £360:

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/lct-vss-vintorez-airsoft-gun-aeg

They look identical from what I can tell?  Or am I missing something?

I noticed that too. Nearly puled the trigger thinking I should buy it now! Been meaning too (from FS naturally - not PB!!!).

Ok I haven't been able to find a price for one of these new but Jesus fooking Christ! £500 for a plastic pistol that let's face it is probably never going to be skirmished. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if this was a reasonable price though, I've seen what the Resident Evil guns go for 

They're really meh guns to shoot.  I know most would never even gas them up but I had a 6" and 10" versions and they were a disappointment.  That's the old TM DE for you though I suppose.  Cool looking grips though.

Even with their rarity, I think £500 is a stretch.

• Supporters
50 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

This seller has popped up a few times as a bit of a delboy on other forums. 

But 250 quid for this is extracting the urine and stealing the Michael.Screenshot_20191003-230027.thumb.jpg.dc42f3dccd78c070c6d997229cdf1bf8.jpg

Bought the same set up, with 3 mags for £75, kinda puts that jokers price in perspective.

I didn't realise he was a trader when I first came across him. Sent me a few messages about a tm glock I was selling, thought he was just a genuine guy, wasnt using it so did it cheap, it was immediately re advertised for 3x the price.

He's a wally. 

Is the person selling the Mac 11 that much of a dreamer? £150 RIF with £150 worth of mags for £250. So that’s already £50, which I would agree is not enough if it’s scratched etc. However my experience is that buyers like to feel like they’ve won, so always ask for money off (I listed a used once KJW Glock 27 with a spare Guarder mag and grip spacer for £50 plus postage and someone offered me £30 incl’ postage), so we could be talking £200 posted, which seems quite reasonable to me.

• Mostly Retired Moderators
23 minutes ago, E21A said:

The patrol base boneyard section

I suspect the problem with PBs boneyard (and all other boneyard sections) is that what you're seeing is the retailer's cost price.

It wouldn't be really worth their while to sell for a loss, so they're trying to just recoup as much of their original stake as possible.

TM Breacher at £150 might be an easy fix...

• Supporters
3 hours ago, L3wisD said:

TM Breacher at £150 might be an easy fix...

It might be, but Golden Eagle clones cost less and (notionally) come with a warranty.

But, but, TMs are more reliable.

But, but, that's a broken one.

2 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

If that's not locked to single, it's not legal to own anyway is it?
Cos it's classed as a firearm, not a RIF...

officially if it fires over 1.3J? its a section 5 firearm. Would anyone ever bother checking? Probably not. Retailers are just as guilty for this though. Ive bought a scar H from zeroone that was firing 440fps, an king arms m4 that was 380 from action hobbies about a decade ago. UK retailers should have a legal obligation to make anything they sell legal.