Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

I know I shouldn't expect any better but god there are a lot of chancers on Zero One.  Not looked there in ages.  £280 for a Well AK74M?  £800 for a GHK m4?  F*ck off....

• Supporters

I kind of feel for the guy, he's likely put a lot of time and money into making the perfect custom toy gnu for him.

However, he may be missing the point that one man's dream custom is another's nightmare Frankengun.

To my eyes, that's just another heavy lump of a thing that will perform the function of the "support gunner" imaginary role every bit as well as any plastic AEG with a box mag and a heavy trigger finger.

Motor, barrel, hop unit and rubber are upgrades. A pistol grip and a 3D printed buffer tube are not.  I'm particularly amused by buying a TruSight rubber ("capable of operating in -50C to +230C" 🙄 ) that comes with its own magical concave nub, then also buying a Maple Leaf nub.

The value is entirely dependent on finding someone who wants exactly that toy, with exactly those parts on it.  I wish the seller the best of luck with that.

• Supporters

i've always wondered why people bother with hop upgrades on a support gun, it's not like you're going to be running heavy ammo through it or really care about minute of angle accuracy so why expend the money?

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

the value is entirely dependent on finding someone who wants exactly that toy, with exactly those parts on it.  I wish the seller the best of luck with that.

He can always stop taking his medication and sell it to him self ?

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i've always wondered why people bother with hop upgrades on a support gun, it's not like you're going to be running heavy ammo through it or really care about minute of angle accuracy so why expend the money?

1) Because "support gun" is largely a fictional narrative in airsoft?  You're either firing for effect and getting hits, or you're just blasting bush and your target likely doesn't even realise that you're shooting at them, let alone that in your head, they're supposed to be both impressed and suppressed.

To be clear I'm not criticising people who enjoy whacking the bushes, we're all playing a daft game of pretend for fun.  But if your site doesn't run different rules for different toys, then the reality is a "support" gun is just a cumbersome carbine.

2) Don't we all like spending money on our preciouses and fiddling with them for that ultimate / imaginary extra 5m of accurate range?  Heck, I'm currently running a Maple Leaf rubber and nub in my MP5K that over-hops the 0.2g that I feed it for CQB.

2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

The A&K Hop unit is notoriously bad. Its like they have never seen a hop unit and have no idea how it works beyond what someone told them at a drunken dinner. It's why I replaced mine! 

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

The A&K Hop unit is notoriously bad. Its like they have never seen a hop unit and have no idea how it works. It's why I replaced mine! 

Only ever worked on their m60, and while its bad it's very amenable to being tdc'd with minimal effort.

14 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

1) Because "support gun" is largely a fictional narrative in airsoft?  You're either firing for effect and getting hits, or you're just blasting bush and your target likely doesn't even realise that you're shooting at them, let alone that in your head, they're supposed to be both impressed and suppressed.

To be clear I'm not criticising people who enjoy whacking the bushes, we're all playing a daft game of pretend for fun.  But if your site doesn't run different rules for different toys, then the reality is a "support" gun is just a cumbersome carbine.

2) Don't we all like spending money on our preciouses and fiddling with them for that ultimate / imaginary extra 5m of accurate range?  Heck, I'm currently running a Maple Leaf rubber and nub in my MP5K that over-hops the 0.2g that I feed it for CQB.

Both fair points, after all i use my 10" m4 carbine more like a sniper rifle than a door kicker.

I suppose i can talk, i have meddled with mg hops before, mostly for reason 2.

• Supporters

With the Borg on this , do agree don’t really see the point of a support weapon if it’s not being run AS a support weapon ! (Unless it’s my chainsaw , now that’s for shits’n’giggles no matter what the game !) my support gun has been up-graded , but that’s only due to it being an A&K !😂

when I do run it i always mix the ammo in it (.2’s/.25’s/.28’s and few .3’s) so I get a nice spread when laying down suppressing fire on the field.

• Supporters

21 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Only ever worked on their m60, and while its bad it's very amenable to being tdc'd with minimal effort.

Both fair points, after all i use my 10" m4 carbine more like a sniper rifle than a door kicker.

I suppose i can talk, i have meddled with mg hops before, mostly for reason 2.

32 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

The A&K Hop unit is notoriously bad. Its like they have never seen a hop unit and have no idea how it works. It's why I replaced mine! 

You guys don't know bad, not until you've owned a Top M60, that things a work of art when it comes to bad-ness, but surprisingly reliable in use 

7 minutes ago, Tackle said:

You guys don't know bad, not until you've owned a Top M60, that things a work of art when it comes to bad-ness, but surprisingly reliable in use 

Bellows system right?

5 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Tbf you definitely feel suppressed when you're hiding behind a corrugated steel barricade that it making noises like it's trying to make an all percussion version of ride of the Valkyries

• Supporters

Airsoft MGs are purely intimidation. The M60 we had was a cheap useable gym workout.

But my god when the opposition saw it, they all shat themselves, but not as much as when they heard/felt it.

I think people forget, half the battle is in people’s minds. The whole FPS/Range argument sums that up perfectly. 

• Supporters
5 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Bellows system right?

that's it, plus a "magazine" (if you can call it that) that was essentially a gravity fed hopper, fine on the level but try to fire up ir downhill & it would stop feeding, ended up building my own powered mag in to an m60 mag pouch, worked great then, but definitely not a gun fir anyone with a bad back.

2 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Agreed on the overpricing, can't really see a hissy fit tho - just a disagreement

He tried to delete the appraisal thread cos it didn’t go his way 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

Tbf you definitely feel suppressed when you're hiding behind a corrugated steel barricade that it making noises like it's trying to make an all percussion version of ride of the Valkyries

But do BBs make a different sound if they came out of an M60 shaped blowgun, or or a Firehawk shaped one?

If this sounds like parade-raining, my point in context is that support shaped blowguns are a small subset of a small hobby, so that seller might find himself with a wall ornament for quite some time.

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Druid799 said:

He can always stop taking his medication and sell it to him self ?

2 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Agreed on the overpricing, can't really see a hissy fit tho - just a disagreement

9 minutes ago, E21A said:

He tried to delete the appraisal thread cos it didn’t go his way 

I'm confused, if he knew how much its cost him, & he had a ballpark figure in his head that he wanted/expected, why the fudge did he even post up for an appraisal ?, did he think we were gonna come up with an even higher figure than his own valuation, therefore justifying his own overpricing ?.

while his wasn't a major tantrum, he definitely spat his dum dum out, emphasized by his attempt to delete posts.

thing is, when he didn't get the answers he wanted to hear, its daft that he then puts up a sales thread, which technically has already been sabotaged by the appraisal thread, he'd have been better off saying no more & pissing of to zin & advertising it there.

every village has got one 😉

15 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

But do BBs make a different sound if they came out of an M60 shaped blowgun, or or a Firehawk shaped one?

If this sounds like parade-raining, my point in context is that support shaped blowguns are a small subset of a small hobby, so that seller might find himself with a wall ornament for quite some time.

yeah but no but .......

how many Gats do you own Rog ?

Yeah But GIF - Yeah But No - Discover _ Share GIFs.gif

• Supporters

Got a shit load of them in the attic !🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Immortal said:

I have absolutely no need at all for another RIF however it takes a huge amount of self control to not need another...

I suffer from this, very much. Already got the next lined up, just waiting on re stock 

11 hours ago, E21A said:

I suffer from this, very much. Already got the next lined up, just waiting on re stock 

Yup.  Had my wedding and now im planning a nam kit.  Sooooo old m16a1 and also an excuse to a totally useless revolver for funsies.  

Though im also half heartedly looking at gas shotties to replace my springer and a sniper.  Though debating a vsr type with wooden stock to go with my 'nam plans or a draganov to run with my russian kit. As i already have midcaps and pouches for svd mags.

As a historical airsofter, I find it quite easy not to buy anymore guns, I just ask if I have a loadout that it will go with?  Hence why I have loads of AKs as they go with anything post War LOL

• Supporters
17 hours ago, Tackle said:

how many Gats do you own Rog ? 

Six. No, sev- eight.  Tell a lie, nine.  Hang on, I'll need to take my socks off.

17 hours ago, Druid799 said:

I’ve always thought the “they all do the same thing” argument a rather puerile and pointless one my self .

That's not the whole truth though.  It's also hypocritical, see above.

If there's one thing I'm constant about, it's inconsistency.