Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters

Here we have a very good example of either a chancer (hope not any way) or someone who isn’t really clued about how the 2nd hand market works . Body looks dog ruff , both cocking handles appear to be missing the ejection port cover is either stuck back or also missing , even with the mags and the ‘up-grades , £600 ? I think not seeing as a new one is only £460 ! 

2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Here we have a very good example of either a chancer (hope not any way) or someone who isn’t really clued about how the 2nd hand market works . Body looks dog ruff , both cocking handles appear to be missing the ejection port cover is either stuck back or also missing , even with the mags and the ‘up-grades , £600 ? I think not seeing as a new one is only £460 ! 

Meh, it’s fifty shades of dog poo, has to be a bad thing 😂😂

• Supporters
11 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Not really as his reaction is from being posted on this thread. A quiet word works better than one that starts confrontational.

I'm a big believer in the carrot rather than the stick, but lets be honest 99% of the ads that end up on this thread are either brand new members or not so new but have a very low post count, usually all sales posts, if they choose not to look at other areas of the forum, I reckon they're fair game when they post up overpriced or kit in dubious condition.

as for sending pm's pointing out pricing errors etc, I've done it elsewhere plenty of times, always politely, the response is almost always arsey 😉

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Tackle said:

I'm a big believer in the carrot rather than the stick, but lets be honest 99% of the ads that end up on this thread are either brand new members or not so new but have a very low post count, usually all sales posts, if they choose not to look at other areas of the forum, I reckon they're fair game when they post up overpriced or kit in dubious condition.

as for sending pm's pointing out pricing errors etc, I've done it elsewhere plenty of times, always politely, the response is almost always arsey 😉

Gotta try though right if not this place will just become a horrible elitist little clickey forum. It is getting close now so how about just once in a while we go back to trying to educate rather than just berate. If they don't listen then gloves off it is.

• Supporters

But From my perspective I’d say on the whole (but yes sadly there are a few exceptions that do go straight for the humiliation) when ever I've seen an add posted up on Mac’s they usually start with more of a light hearted ‘oh dear someone’s being a bit of a plonker !’ Vib to it rather than a nasty one . 

With any kind of forum (not just Airsoft) that has a core of regulars your going to get some sort of a ‘clicke’ feeling to it wether you like it or not . When you’ve been bouncing back and forth with other likeminded social rejects for a  good while it’s going to happen and any new members are going to feel left out or even excluded just because of the way the older members banter back and fourth , when you’ve been indulging in bullshitery and piss taking with others for a good while you may do so with new members with out even realising it and this can often lead too ‘offence’ or just general butt hurt on there part .

Plus on here there are a fair few older players who may not be as tolerant (hands up me 100%) of younger/new players asking boneheaded questions or starting new topics on subjects that could have easily been found with even the most rudimentary of forum/internet searches , or even just simply not being able to take a ribbing at all . I’d most definitely put these down to ‘an age thing’ , some people take offence a LOT easier than others do ?

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Druid799 said:

But From my perspective I’d say on the whole (but yes sadly there are a few exceptions that do go straight for the humiliation) when ever I've seen an add posted up on Mac’s they usually start with more of a light hearted ‘oh dear someone’s being a bit of a plonker !’ Vib to it rather than a nasty one . 

With any kind of forum (not just Airsoft) that has a core of regulars your going to get some sort of a ‘clicke’ feeling to it wether you like it or not . When you’ve been bouncing back and forth with other likeminded social rejects for a  good while it’s going to happen and any new members are going to feel left out or even excluded just because of the way the older members banter back and fourth , when you’ve been indulging in bullshitery and piss taking with others for a good while you may do so with new members with out even realising it and this can often lead too ‘offence’ or just general butt hurt on there part .

Plus on here there are a fair few older players who may not be as tolerant (hands up me 100%) of younger/new players asking boneheaded questions or starting new topics on subjects that could have easily been found with even the most rudimentary of forum/internet searches , or even just simply not being able to take a ribbing at all . I’d most definitely put these down to ‘an age thing’ , some people take offence a LOT easier than others do ?

for example, only this week we've had yet another "what first gun to buy" thread, I'm not even bothering to read them if I see a title like that & I'll pretty much read everything (small print on bog rolls !), I'm not elitist or clickey when it comes to new members, but most of the current wave either wants to be spoon fed, or just wants the use of the classifieds to shift their tat, & always react badly to even mild criticism, even if its meant to be constructive.

part of the reason I think the Mack thread is a good thing is that the more knowledgeable members will quickly spot & highlight the dubious threads, those that the owners claim have only been test fired in the garden but with closer inspection they look like they've been thrown from beachy head or driven over by a tank etc.

if those kinda were to slip through through without comment, as they do on other forums, its likely that a noob whos desperate for a rif will buy them, take delivery of an unfixable money pit, the seller most likely disappears as quickly he signed up, & the buyer may possibly be deterred from staying in the game because of the whole experience, especially if PayPal doesn't support their claim when the seller points out its a "gun".

without Macks or similar threads, what's the alternative, a post count limit before you can access the classifieds like on Arnies ?, that's just gonna turn people away from the forum.

personally I'd rather see 10k honest community spirited quality members than 50k chancers & chavs spreading discord & negativity ?.

if that means experienced players have to sometimes "police" the posts, even be a little bit salty with some if them, so be it, I'm sure the mods will reign it in if it goes to far or is not warranted.

9 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Gotta try though right if not this place will just become a horrible elitist little clickey forum. It is getting close now so how about just once in a while we go back to trying to educate rather than just berate. If they don't listen then gloves off it is.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Sorry y'all but its spelt clique......now you can't join my gang... :P

IMG_4557.JPG

• Supporters
6 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

FML you're right how did I miss that.

Been using my wife's back up phone while I get mine fixed and it has one of those learning predictive spell checkers on it. Great idea until it has spent 2yrs in the hands of my dyslexic wife 🤪

4 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

FML you're right how did I miss that.

Been using my wife's back up phone while I get mine fixed and it has one of those learning predictive spell checkers on it. Great idea until it has spent 2yrs in the hands of my dyslexic wife 🤪

Would love to see all the words it’s being taught! 😂

• Supporters

Serious question , Am I missing something that warrants the asking price of £325 ?

• Supporters
On 08/08/2019 at 11:42, EvilMonkee said:

Just came across this had to be done ! 🤣🤣🤣

39B31448-18EB-4B2A-A7FD-914A80F2F2F1.jpeg

• Supporters
9 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

But its spelling not grammar..... :P

Point of requirement proven , from the Oxford English ;

A sentence with the incorrect use of a word is technically grammatically incorrect . !😂

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Serious question , Am I missing something that warrants the asking price of £325 ?

Lol, I saw it & immediately thought the same thing, even copied the URL but when I got here decided not to post it for fear of making myself look a dunce if its super rare or something ?

by my reckoning, even with the extras, about £170ish at the most ?

• Supporters
3 hours ago, osteoshot said:

Not a dreamer but I do appreciate an eotech fitted on backwards to really push that sale

freeads ares octarms km-001 in Derby, Derbyshire posted 2 days ago

Perhaps they were going for a ‘tears of the sun’ M4 ? 🤣🤣🤣

39A70FAD-4AD2-4118-AB5D-5DA51AC898E5.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Perhaps they were going for a ‘tears of the sun’ M4 ? 🤣🤣🤣

39A70FAD-4AD2-4118-AB5D-5DA51AC898E5.jpeg

Nice reference,

may fire some obscure film lines back at you further down the line (if you don't mind) as they have passed others by

• Supporters
1 hour ago, osteoshot said:

Nice reference,

may fire some obscure film lines back at you further down the line (if you don't mind) as they have passed others by

Crack on bud waaaaaaaay too many on here miss the less than blatantly obvious ones !😉

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Crack on bud waaaaaaaay too many on here miss the less than blatantly obvious ones !😉

Capturing Intent - Making sense of code - Coding with Empathy.jpg

2 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

No problem, they won't be in quotation marks or referenced as that's too boring, however just so you realise you are not being trolled they will take roughly this form.

hypothetical thread example

what type of shooting do people do?

my reply

1. Small bore competition shooting.

2. Pistol Olympic air pistol.

3. Hunting wolverines with my cousins

4 full bore rifle shooting 

If these just wash over you then it's not for you and no one should feel hurt.

If no.3 makes you think wtf? As it is just a little out of step to the others then your are half way there and is just there for fun

if you immediately recognise no 3 and the film its from then it's all good 

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, osteoshot said:

No problem, they won't be in quotation marks or referenced as that's too boring, however just so you realise you are not being trolled they will take roughly this form.

hypothetical thread example

what type of shooting do people do?

my reply

1. Small bore competition shooting.

2. Pistol Olympic air pistol.

3. Hunting wolverines with my cousins

4 full bore rifle shooting 

If these just wash over you then it's not for you and no one should feel hurt.

If no.3 makes you think wtf? As it is just a little out of step to the others then your are half way there and is just there for fun

if you immediately recognise no 3 and the film its from then it's all good 

Exploding French Emperors?