Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

17 minutes ago, Blondie said:

The p90 is out of stock so you can’t buy it at that price anyway. And the G36c comes with silencer and an extra magazine. 

But you know what mate if your not interested that’s fine, but I can’t be bothered to keep going back and forth with you :) have a nice day

I guess if you cant justify your pricing you dont really want to discuss it. Sorry you must have got burned buying these rifles in the first place at whatever inflated price you got them for, but its no excuse to knowingly charge those price to someone who could be gullible. 

A silencer can be had for as little as 6 quid same with the mag. Why would anyone buy a sprayed, second hand (possible ex two tone) G36c, when they can get a new one for much less? 

Ok, Phenix in France are doing the P90 for 115 quid add an additional 20 for shipping and its still priced under your second hand one. 

https://www.phenixairsoft.com/en/air-spring-rifles/18126-cyma-p90-ris-dominator-w-silencieux-cm060h.html

2 hours ago, E21A said:

Chirst! You must like having your pants pulled down! 

Usual fee for me posting anything with Parcelforce has been in the £15 range.

• Supporters

True, but that's the seller's problem.

As a buyer, all I care about is that I can get the same toy gun delivered to me brand new, from an actual retailer, with a suppressor and extra mag, for less than this... optimist... is asking for his shagged out Frankengun.

36 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Everyone knows a titan trebles the value. Just look at davescustomairsoft’s £700 cyma mp5’s

And its a G&G AK not even like its a decent brand renowned for their AKs like LCT or E&L.

On 10/07/2019 at 18:40, Tackle said:

can someone translate, I don't speak Chav 😏

Yeah But GIF - Yeah But No - Discover _ Share GIFs.gif

haha this lad has repeatedly offered me various guns to trade with my JW3 2011 Combat Master. Even though I have said I'm not interested in trading. In fact, he just sent me a message today asking to trade a HK416 lol. And the lot just left me negative feedback for telling him no. WTF

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, makomako said:

haha this lad has repeatedly offered me various guns to trade with my JW3 2011 Combat Master. Even though I have said I'm not interested in trading. In fact, he just sent me a message today asking to trade a HK416 lol. And the lot just left me negative feedback for telling him no. WTF

i presume if you were decently civil with him you could contact one of the mods see if they can get it removed?

Just now, Adolf Hamster said:

i presume if you were decently civil you could contact one of the mods see if they can get it removed?

civil for the first 3 times yes. Lastly today, I asked him why wouldnt he just sell his HK416 and then come to me after the fact. Imho, I don't see how that might be rude. Now he's deleted his message. I can't find it in the inbox anymore. But I'll contact the mod for sure. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

You can always press the report button on any PM (the little "flag" button).

This allows mods to see it and take action if necessary.

I'll have a look at the feedback in a second.

Edit: Aaaaaand, Feedback sorted.

Please let a mod know if he gets in touch again.

Sorry, I'm new around here. Haven't familiarised myself with the features on this forum yet. Thank you so much for helping out! I was worried about my feedback ratings on here for a second. I will keep an eye out. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, makomako said:

lol, that just confirms what we knew all along, he's clearly a knob 😆

Still £450 for a pistol??  Not saying its not worth that at all, as I know nowt about collectible pistols but ouch.  

• Supporters
2 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Still £450 for a pistol??  Not saying its not worth that at all, as I know nowt about collectible pistols but ouch.  

I'm the same, see stuff in the classifieds sometimes & think "wtf", but don't know enough to say whether or not its a pisstake.

for me, if a £70 pistol does what its supposed to, good enough for me, I'd have sleepless nights if I spent £450 on one 😭

• Supporters

Best one ever, professionally upgraded by someone who isn't a tech? 

Breaks bits when fitting say he spent hours setting motor height which should only take seconds. All perfect now except for the whine that makes it sound like a double eagle ak. But professionally done ........ erm ok.

https://airsoft-forums.uk/classifieds/item/5543-professionally-upgraded-gg-tr4-18-w-gate-titan/#

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Oooooh, lording it over us with your fancy £70 pistols, are you?  Does your butler shoot that for you? :P

Lol, that was the price of my first tm hi-capa, s/h, completely stock, kicked like a mule & shot like a laser.

#TMFTW 👍

18 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Best one ever, professionally upgraded by someone who isn't a tech? 

Breaks bits when fitting say he spent hours setting motor height which should only take seconds. All perfect now except for the whine that makes it sound like a double eagle ak. But professionally done ........ erm ok.

https://airsoft-forums.uk/classifieds/item/5543-professionally-upgraded-gg-tr4-18-w-gate-titan/#

Rough prices:

Gun: 320

airlab sorbo: 6

piston: 13

cylinder head: 12

ball bearings: 29

anti reversal latch: 6

16:1 gears: 40

gate titan: 76

motor: 50

zci chamber + barrel + maple leaf bucking + nub: 40

Add those up = 592

592 x magic number 0.7 = 414.4, 415 for ease.

Am I allowed to have £50 labour cost for myself? £465. Parcelforce is £15. £480. This is how I arrived at this number.

And, I am a tech. There are people who contact me to get their stuff done. And, the definition of being professional is being paid to do something. I'm allowed to say this piece has been professionally done. Maybe it needs more work. But, it still works very well.

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, AK47frizzle said:

And, I am a tech. There are people who contact me to get their stuff done. And, the definition of being professional is being paid to do something. I'm allowed to say this piece has been professionally done. Maybe it needs more work. But, it still works very well.

Just because someone is daft enough to pay you to do something doesn't make you a professional and reading what you wrote and listening to that gun you definitely can't claim tech either.

It is not professionally done it is a home d.i.y job that involved you breaking the connections from repeated tests. Tests that if you knew what you were doing you shouldn't need to keep doing. Fitting a Titan when you know what you are doing takes about an hour an a half with a re-shim and service. You spent longer setting the motor height than anybody who knows what they are doing would take to build the whole gun. 

When I get chance I will post how a good gearbox should sound with a Titan and re-shim and I will even use a split gearbox which are normally whiney little fuckers.

Edit: No you can't add labour charges either.

Advanced issues found

2 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Just because someone is daft enough to pay you to do something doesn't make you a professional and reading what you wrote and listening to that gun you definitely can't claim tech either.

It is not professionally done it is a home d.i.y job that involved you breaking the connections from repeated tests. Tests that if you knew what you were doing you shouldn't need to keep doing. Fitting a Titan when you know what you are doing takes about an hour an a half with a re-shim and service. You spent longer setting the motor height than anybody who knows what they are doing would take to build the whole gun. 

When I get chance I will post how a good gearbox should sound with a Titan and re-shim and I will even use a split gearbox which are normally whiney little fuckers.

I know what a good gearbox should sound like and I have done better work in the past:

This G&G gearbox, in particular, was more annoying than usual than your average v2 gearbox. The bevel gear was always too low no matter how it was set. I may retract the ad and work it again. I'm just being transparent with what I have done which is a rare thing these days.

• Supporters
44 minutes ago, AK47frizzle said:

Maybe it needs more work

But if I adjust anything other than the hop, you will hunt me down and kill me?