Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters
19 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

@Lee_3120Airsoft As others have stated, the purpose of this thread is to highlight adverts which are potentially exploitative or (as the title says) living in the clouds.

If you look back over the last few pages or so there have been various adverts which have received criticism for a variety of reasons but namely due to over ambitious pricing. Just because you paid £120 (example price) for something doesn't mean it retains that value, or even 90% of that value. Quite the contrary, as virtually all goods in airsoft are subject to wear and tear thus increasing depreciation. You also need to factor in manufacturer, model and condition.

In this particular instance you're attempting to sell a HFC pistol, a brand which is far from well regarded and which is firmly in the budget end of the price spectrum due to the product quality and usual pricing. Unfortunately in this particular instance it sounds as though you got caught you by one of the more nefarious retailers in the market and overpaid significantly.

I'd also suggest taking time to consider the advert itself. If you're looking to sell something then right off the bat you need to have high quality pictures which show what you're attempting to sell at its best, something which your current advert completely fails to do. Secondly you need to price the item accordingly, based on the above criteria, should you have uncertainty or doubt about it's value there's always the appraisal section of the forums.

Finally the way you decide to communicate and interact with the community goes along way. As it stands you're new to the community here with no previous seller/buyer feedback and with no post history on this forum, something which will immediately sound alarm bells for most. While it's disappointing to  hear that a product you paid for is worth significantly less than you expected you have a few different choices when it comes to the way you react. The most productive reaction would have been to seek advice from the community, there's a staggering wealth of knowledge here and no end of helpful people. Alternatively you could have elected to ignore the post here and leave your advert as is (in the hope someone picked it up) or adjusted your advert accordingly. The last choice was to react in the exact way you did, which was to become defensive and abusive, something which will never garner a positive result.

Where you go from here is up to you but as a first impression on this community it leaves a lot to be desired.

Has to be said bud this is without a doubt the best explanation I’ve ever seen on any kind of social interaction media in near 20yrs of Airsofting  .

It was perfectly crafted (only word to describe it) ! it truly is absolutely the best I’ve ever read period . 

Just such a crying shame it’s been wasted on this snotty little spunktrumpet ! 

Say’la’vie ! 

• Head Moderator

Unknown M9, not worth for £400

35 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

Unknown M9, not worth for £400

Think this is just in the wrong section, seems to be asking what it’s worth? 

• Head Moderator
41 minutes ago, E21A said:

Think this is just in the wrong section, seems to be asking what it’s worth? 

If he wants an appraisal then definitely in the wrong section and should not be an advert.

On 05/07/2019 at 15:22, L3wisD said:

Price was great, but my word, the sass!

"Price include postage buyer pays paypal fee"

So, when I ask him to clarify, apparently it's really easy and I could've found out myself using a PayPal calculator.

If it's so easy to find out the PayPal fees, why not include the info in the advert? Or just up the price by £3 to cover it?

Does my head in.

Type in paypal fee calculator and wouldn't you look at that it comes up, crazy how google works isn't.

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, nathan13n said:

Type in paypal fee calculator and wouldn't you look at that it comes up, crazy how google works isn't.

Think the point he’s making is that yes it is incredibly easy to do so , so why don’t ALL sellers do it themselves ? When I sell anything the price I always ask is all in P&P/PP fees as do all the guys I know and to be honest when browsing through the adds the second I see “buyer pays etc’ I instantly loose interest and move on to the next add unless I’m after something very specific and there’s is the only one I can find  .

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Alright smart arse, calm down, I know how Google works.

My point is if it's so easy to figure out, why not do it before creating the advert and then just increase the selling price by that much. It's not hard.

Then, if someone comes to collect and pays cash, bingo you've made a bonus couple of quid.

4 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Think the point he’s making is that yes it is incredibly easy to do so , so why don’t ALL sellers do it themselves ? When I sell anything the price I always ask is all in P&P/PP fees as do all the guys I know and to be honest when browsing through the adds the second I see “buyer pays etc’ I instantly loose interest and move on to the next add unless I’m after something very specific and there’s is the only one I can find  .

Granted to be fair I see it on almost every thing on there, zero in, discord and what's app selling pages and followed suit, one is not hard to really find out and for the loss of interest fair enough but the pistol with the work gone into and the price asked is a strap since I would rather see it go to home where someone will use it then it be in the box. It's just asking the lines of if he doesn't have anything good to say don't say it, if you lose interest go right past it. I do understand your point

4 hours ago, L3wisD said:

Alright smart arse, calm down, I know how Google works.

My point is if it's so easy to figure out, why not do it before creating the advert and then just increase the selling price by that much. It's not hard.

Then, if someone comes to collect and pays cash, bingo you've made a bonus couple of quid.

I honestly didn't think you did know how Google worked but well done, since it probably takes the same effort as typing it in and waiting for a response. 

• Supporters

Easiest way to deal with it is to just ask the seller to send a PayPal invoice to you, listing the goods and postage, for the entire amount that they want you to pay.

First, because you very much want that anyway as it forms the basis of a contract that PayPal can use to refund you, and second because it puts the ball back in their court.

If they want to sell, they'll do it.  If you get a huffy response, as I recently did, that they "don't use PayPal invoices", then you've dodged a (probably non functioning) bullet.

2 hours ago, Philby21 said:

So, not only do you spit your dummy out when someone questions your attitude you then choose to insult a moderator - I'm impressed, it's not often we see quite that level of suicidal stupidity.

Although I do feel much better now "normal" service has been resumed, all these people being polite and taking advice on board was seriously confusing me!! 😶

sure roll with that. 

On 06/07/2019 at 10:17, L3wisD said:

That advert is still winding me up.. 

Even if you allow the fast and loose interpretation of "minor scratches".. why wouldn't you clean it before advertising it.

You want to make your goods seem appealing surely?

You wouldn't advertise your car on autotrader with photos showing it covered in bird shit and mud, would you?

Having caught up in this thread, for me, with this ad what gets me the most is the "looking for a swap for a flick with two mags...." 

i mean ....

On 05/07/2019 at 19:31, Lee_3120Airsoft said:

Im the cunt?

says the one who has made a thread dedicated for singling out "used" items get a life seriously

Your name is You have a subtitle saying you are a fucking addict on this website r u actually stupid ahahahahaha

Window licker, probably around 17

• Supporters
1 hour ago, sonofsammo said:

By the 2/3 rule, looks about £90 over priced.

Their seller feedback isn't overly complimentary either...

"Brand new, never skirmished".  But comes with noticeable wear on the frame where the slide's been rubbing on it, and on the trigger and release.  Uh huh.

And he was looking for a used one in April, significantly "with original box".

I'd suspect that this is a trader buying used and selling as "new" at a risible markup.

Caveat emptor.

4 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

"Brand new, never skirmished".  But comes with noticeable wear on the frame where the slide's been rubbing on it, and on the trigger and release.  Uh huh.

And he was looking for a used one in April, significantly "with original box".

I'd suspect that this is a trader buying used and selling as "new" at a risible markup.

Caveat emptor.

First of all I brought the kit brand new from crw airsoft and I’ve never skirmished the pistol and yes there tiny bit of marks cos I had to test it before selling and didn’t wonna sell it and something when wrong with it , so tbh I don’t buy used guns and sell them as new and also the pistol it self I brought brand new and I’ve not brought this pistol second hand I brought the base pistol and brought the steel slide kit separately from brand new 

the slide kit I got recently about just over a month ago now 

also yeah I was looking for one in when ever you said it was but tbh your actually wrong and must not even know your on about yourself as you said I was looking for one and yes I was looking for one but the difference is the one I have is a VFC hk45ct compact tactical and the one I was actually looking for was a hk45 not a hk45ct 

so.....

6 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

By the 2/3 rule, looks about £90 over priced.

Their seller feedback isn't overly complimentary either...

You saying it’s over priced but that’s why I did put on there open to cash and trade offers so.

reason for bad feed back as I had proof to provide the person with the upgrades I had installed but he never got back to me and made a bad feedback but I had proof to provide 

7 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Lol here he goes again 

i told the buyer I had proof for all the upgraded parts but he never got back to me I sent him like 5 messages and he never got back to me and I had the proof right there ready to show proof