Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

6 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Yup - I noticed that about the seller - and wasn't blaming him for the heresy of two toning it!
It's just a rif that confused me.
Can't be bought anywhere new as it's discontinued afaik.

Yeah I was a bit confused when I opened the link as well TBH but then again in fairness people seem to be so caught up with wanting stuff that they will two tone anything and everything just to be able to have it before having a UKARA. We seem to have had an influx of two tone NGRS's about lately on site which surprised me to no end.

1 hour ago, clumpyedge said:

Yeah I was a bit confused when I opened the link as well TBH but then again in fairness people seem to be so caught up with wanting stuff that they will two tone anything and everything just to be able to have it before having a UKARA. We seem to have had an influx of two tone NGRS's about lately on site which surprised me to no end.

Jesus! If you're gonna drop £600 on a rif, surely you can wait a couple of months??? Sheer madness Imho.

But hey ho. Some people have money to burn.

• Supporters

I’d go with £120-30 my self , even though it’s a discontinued LTD edition pistol it’s still 3rd hand and does have a very ropey history AND it’s going to cost a bomb to get it even close to an acceptable appearance again ? 

http://www.usedairsoft.co.uk/rif-s/electric-powered/ics-m1-grand-and-kar98-unsure-of-brand_i13879

(weird looking Kar98..)

2 fully broken RIFs for £225 

EDIT, found a better one - £200 for a Krytac M4 (It's actually an APS 114, I have one of these myself and it was 175 brand new)

http://www.usedairsoft.co.uk/rif-s/electric-powered/krytac-m4_i13773

3 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

how do you buy that and not know what it is :huh:

Judging from his prices, I don't think every light is on at home.. 

23 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

£1500 to build? really?

Personally I don't think it's worth that price and regarding the £1500 build cost, I can believe it given the work was supposedly completed by KoA. The build valuation probably includes labour although looking at KoA's updated page and pricing structure, however, upon closer review I'd question the build cost in lieu of other packages but without historical data it's hard to judge. If I was a buyer I'd also want to see the invoice from KoA just to see what they actually did and to confirm it was done by them.

On a side note, I'm not really sure why the cathedral/church photo was included... unless it comes with the gun in which case maybe £900 is an absolute bargain? Given the images are meant to represent what you get?

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

Personally I don't think it's worth that price and regarding the £1500 build cost, I can believe it given the work was supposedly completed by KoA. The build valuation probably includes labour although looking at KoA's updated page and pricing structure, however, upon closer review I'd question the build cost in lieu of other packages but without historical data it's hard to judge. If I was a buyer I'd also want to see the invoice from KoA just to see what they actually did and to confirm it was done by them.

On a side note, I'm not really sure why the cathedral/church photo was included... unless it comes with the gun in which case maybe £900 is an absolute bargain? Given the images are meant to represent what you get?

Labour charges have no bearing on price only parts cost.

This build in total is £930ish so £600ish second hand on a good day if he still has all the original parts if not then even less.

• Supporters
17 hours ago, Huxley said:

I can buy the same from China less than half of what he is asking.

He says the make is unknown (funny thing about blank boxes ?) then how can he confirm it’s rated for 223 ? How many times have we all see hilariously ridiculous claims on Chinese adverts ?

So sorry bud but NO ONE is going to give you 65 beer tokens for that . 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

£1500 to build? really?

It TM, did he even have to "upgrade" it ?, surely they need very little tweaking ?.

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Tackle said:

It TM, did he even have to "upgrade" it ?, surely they need very little tweaking ?.

Personal choice on the upgrading as some reckon they are the bestest a gun can be out the box. But then some people still believe the earth is flat so talking bollocks (sorry @Spuggy1uk) isn't just an airsoft thing.

The part that gets me is when people advertise guns like this they add full value of the base gun and that is wrong. If you buy a £380 gun and then remove 2/3rds of it you end up with a £135 base gun. I always work out the cost of the upgrades then take off the retail of the stock parts and that is how much value you really add. Pull a £30 motor and add a £50 one you add £20 not the full £50.

This advert in the Airsoft section of Freeads tickled me.

Capture.JPG.3c7c4f155b7bccfb5daabff4b6782815.JPG

Not just the price (which if it's genuinely worth, I wish I'd kept my shitty '90 pattern webbing...), but also the fact that it comes with 'Molly poachers' :D 

3 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

£1500 to build? really?

This was poorly worded on my half, this included the purchase of the rifle from new, including price of labour and parts.

2 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

I do have the invoice still, always keep them for all sales. The photo however, is my fat fingers missclicking and not noticing!

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Rylesy said:

This was poorly worded on my half, this included the purchase of the rifle from new, including price of labour and parts.

I do have the invoice still, always keep them for all sales. The photo however, is my fat fingers missclicking and not noticing!

That is all fair enough but the price is still way over the top. Labour on that should be 2/3hrs so no more than £120 absolute max. But even so the labour charge is irrelevant as you can't really add that.

Cost of base gun and parts is £930ish take 200 straight off that if you don't have the original parts as well.

Selling upgraded guns is a pain as you always take a bit of a hit especially now. Fully upgraded 416s and cqbrs with titans/spectres and lots of upgrades can be got for £450-ish at the moment and they are the easiest tm recoils to sell. 

23 minutes ago, Rylesy said:

shall we play name that landmark?  looks cathedral to me,  sooo..... lincoln?

1 hour ago, kasaran said:

I'd say it's The Minster in York.

8 hours ago, kasaran said:

I believe it was York!

• Head Moderator

The street sign for Precentors Court was the clue.  York.

16 hours ago, Druid799 said:

He says the make is unknown (funny thing about blank boxes ?) then how can he confirm it’s rated for 223 ? How many times have we all see hilariously ridiculous claims on Chinese adverts ?

So sorry bud but NO ONE is going to give you 65 beer tokens for that . 

I’m surprised he’s still not bumping it a year and a bit after he advertised it 😂

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, ProPain87 said:

I’m surprised he’s still not bumping it a year and a bit after he advertised it 😂

Hahaha hadn’t even noticed the date just saw it after huxeley posted it a few days ago !🤦‍♂️

On 08/05/2019 at 10:20, rocketdogbert said:

That is some serious money, but honestly most people spending that much build their own guns.

It has some top end and very expensive parts, but if it were mine, from experience, I’d split it for parts

And sold

On 08/06/2019 at 22:40, Smooth_Operator said:

This advert in the Airsoft section of Freeads tickled me.

Capture.JPG.3c7c4f155b7bccfb5daabff4b6782815.JPG

Not just the price (which if it's genuinely worth, I wish I'd kept my shitty '90 pattern webbing...), but also the fact that it comes with 'Molly poachers' :D 

If thats green PCLE then its actually quite rare.  £45 is about right