Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters
28 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Now make a post slagging off @Philby21 about his unethical pricing abilities...

lol, only if we can hit him with derp memes too at the same time😁

• Supporters
20 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

there's a 21 in both their names, close enough.

Southampton 1912 , Two men walking down the road and they see an old Jewish Gentleman walking down the road towards them , one says to the old man “morning mr Goldberg” 

The other shouts  “Goldberg !”  Runs up the road and punches the old man ! 

Second man says “what you do that for ? mr Goldbergs a lovely old chap !” 

First man , “he killed my brother !” 

Second man  “your brother was killed when the Titanic sank !”

First man “exactly he sank it  !”

Second man “that was an iceberg !”

first man “iceberg Goldberg ? Close enough!” 

I thank you , try the veal I’m here till Wednesday !😁

First off, thank you. This thread is golden, i had thought that weapons maintained 90% value depending on upgrades, This is a great learning curve.

So seller expectaion vs actual value 

- custom paint jobs, seller £what they paid for it vs -10%

- 'weathering' -+0% (i think i have seen an ak on prefired that wanted +10% for 'authentic Soviet' look) vs -10-20% depending on severity

- extras, no value lost (ever) vs should be seen as gifts/sweeteners

There have been a couple of bargins that i have not been quick enough or close enough to (TM G36 £80 and G&G firehawk £70). These i would grab next time. Other than that i think new is the better way for 1st or 2nd weapons. Thoughts?

• Mostly Retired Moderators

New is better most of the time, unless you've fired the gun you're looking to buy.

It's too much of a gamble a lot of the time. There's always a reason someone is looking to sell something on, some are innocent (I'm always skint for example), or its not working or shooting correctly.

Nowadays it's easy to sell it on second hand and let it be "someone else's problem".

• Supporters
55 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

It's too much of a gamble a lot of the time. There's always a reason someone is looking to sell something on, some are innocent (I'm always skint for example), or its not working or shooting correctly.

yep, although you can get some decent deals if you're able to find the real simple fixes, or if you know you'd be messing with it anyway.

generally for me all i care about is if the body is in good order, because even on a new gun i'll inevitably end up twiddling with everything else anyway.

• Supporters

Me: If you could send a PayPal invoice ( https://www.paypal.com/invoice/create ) to my PayPal address listing the item and postage, I'll be happy t-

Seller: I don't use PayPal invoices.  Just send the money to my account.

Me: UnderstatedRealArmednylonshrimp-small.gi

I mean... why wouldn't you?

• Supporters
On 28/05/2019 at 08:20, L3wisD said:

New is better most of the time, unless you've fired the gun you're looking to buy.

Nowadays it's easy to sell it on second hand and let it be "someone else's problem".

Totally agree , you just don’t sell an ‘as new gun’ for a loss just because “it’s not fitting my game style” ? Sorry there’s a ‘real’ reason your selling it so soon . These days unless the seller has a ‘trackable’ Airsoft related on-line footprint (forums/Facebook/etc) I just won’t buy from them unless they say things like “selling cheap as X,Y,Z isn’t working or it’s old and worn out, etc” and basically are up front about poor condition and equally are asking a price to match the condition , then yes I may take the chance if it’s something I really do want .

Take the TM recoil G36 I recently bought , was going very cheap on Prefired but the seller was up front with an accurate description of its condition so I was happy to risk taking a hit to get it running tip top . 

3 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Further to the on going saga that is this holster for sale , he had it up on Fleabay starting bid a tenner buy now £50 i bid £10 , no one else did so I won for a tenner , he then cancelled the sale (obviously wanted more for it !) stating it was ‘out of stock or damaged’ BUT it’s still for sale on here for £40 so I’ve contacted Fleabay and am just waiting now for the fraud dept to contact me about it ! 👍

This interests me...I have a recent annoying experience with evilbay and want you to win this battle. 

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

@Druid799 If only there was a feature where you could set a minimum you're willing to accept on an eBay auction...

Just set s starting price your happy with not rocket surgery ?😉

• Supporters
1 hour ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

@Druid799 If only there was a feature where you could set a minimum you're willing to accept on an eBay auction...

there is, its called the reserve price, prob is there's a small charge when you set it up, & that dickhead was either too tight or too stupid to sort it, instead resorting to silly games, I hope he gets kicked off ebay (& "other" places) , 'cos he's clearly not trustworthy.

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Spuggy1uk said:

Well, surely I'm not the only one who 'got' the sarcasm!

Nope did get it , me and fraggy are internet buds so I was being sarcastic back to him ! 😈

• Supporters

lol, just me that's a bit slow then 😵

11 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

I think you can only set a reserve on items £50+ can't you?

No idea, but I always list my stuff as buy it now, at just over what I want, and always have an option of make offer.

Works better for me

• Supporters

Have been contacted by the fraud dept , given them the evidence I had so see what happens ? 

Now I was in two minds about putting this here - but I wanted to see what others thought.
It's a TM Sentinel Nine Ltd Edition.
New they were somewhere between £235 and £270, if you could find one.
And used they look like, if unsullied, they can still sell for over £200.
However, this one has been two toned - who on Earth two tones a LTD edition???
Surely if you're that desperate for a LTD edition and you haven't got UKARA or another valid defence, you pay for it and ask em to hold onto it until you do?
And then - 2nd hand - is it actually worth anything? I can't imagine anyone that wants the sentinel wanting a red one.
Or maybe I'm wrong, I don't know. 
Is he dreaming at £160, because it's been ruined by two tone? Or is it reasonable, because despite the paint job, it's still a LTD edition?

12 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Now I was in two minds about putting this here - but I wanted to see what others thought.
It's a TM Sentinel Nine Ltd Edition.
New they were somewhere between £235 and £270, if you could find one.
And used they look like, if unsullied, they can still sell for over £200.
However, this one has been two toned - who on Earth two tones a LTD edition???
Surely if you're that desperate for a LTD edition and you haven't got UKARA or another valid defence, you pay for it and ask em to hold onto it until you do?
And then - 2nd hand - is it actually worth anything? I can't imagine anyone that wants the sentinel wanting a red one.
Or maybe I'm wrong, I don't know. 
Is he dreaming at £160, because it's been ruined by two tone? Or is it reasonable, because despite the paint job, it's still a LTD edition?

In fairness (true or not) the seller does say that it was two toned before he purchased it. The wear on the slide is a bit ugly but nothing that couldn't be sorted but at a cost (personally if it were me I'd have it stripped and cerakoted) Personally based on the prices you have posted I wouldn't say £160 is unreasonable for a mint gun but being the gun is a bit worn etc and doesn't come with any extra mags I'd say £125-£130 would be fairer but that's just my personal opinion. It could go for the £160 he's asking due to the lack of stock anywhere and if someone really wants it.

1 minute ago, clumpyedge said:

In fairness (true or not) the seller does say that it was two toned before he purchased it. The wear on the slide is a bit ugly but nothing that couldn't be sorted but at a cost (personally if it were me I'd have it stripped and cerakoted) Personally based on the prices you have posted I wouldn't say £160 is unreasonable for a mint gun but being the gun is a bit worn etc and doesn't come with any extra mags I'd say £125-£130 would be fairer but that's just my personal opinion. It could go for the £160 he's asking due to the lack of stock anywhere and if someone really wants it.

Yup - I noticed that about the seller - and wasn't blaming him for the heresy of two toning it!
It's just a rif that confused me.
Can't be bought anywhere new as it's discontinued afaik.